Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Queensland Chrome Plating Tingalpa

G'day all,

I need to get a few mild steel and alloy motorcycle parts re-chromed and am looking for somewhere that does a decent job for a decent price. Has anyone used these guys at Tingalpa?

http://www.qldchromeplating.com.au/

Cheers,

Russ

ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
D Block

Default Re: Queensland Chrome Plating Tingalpa

Had an indifferent experence with these guys getting an XW/Y rear bumper bar recoed. What I saw of the actual chrome work it was good. However, they forgot to weld and fill an old tow bar plug hole in the bar which I specifically requested at time of placing order.
They suggested I could just put a sticker over it and they'd take $100 of the price of $700+. I declined, thank you very much, and ended up abandoning the bar and buying a repo bar for $400.
They weren't particulary quick either.
D Block is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
nstg8a

I used to live just round the corner from them, and I tried getting some stuff done first they wouldn't give me a proper quote, then when I did drop the parts off they gave another higher estimate, and sari anywhere between 2 weeks and two months to get them done.
I walked out with my parts.

But the work I saw there that had been done looked top notch, I just think their service is a bit crap.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used these guys when I got my extractors done

http://www.competitioncoatings.com.au/index.html

They're at Archerfield. I think it was about $400 for the both of them. Took a couple of days for them to do it. They didn't try to jack up the price or pull anything like that. Overall a good experience.

However take note of this in your decision:

Quote:
If you want anything ceramic Coated, you need to have it to us by NO LATER than FRIDAY 13th December, 2013. Anything received after that date will NOT BE READY to pick up until we return to work in the early New Year. Anything received before or on Friday 13th will be finished and will need to picked up before 2.00pm Friday 20th.The Polisher will be shut down on Friday 20th December for Cleaning and Maintenance. We will be closed from 3.00pm Friday 20th December 2013 and will reopen on Monday 14th January 2013.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for your responses guys - much appreciated.

Russ.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
I used to live just round the corner from them, and I tried getting some stuff done first they wouldn't give me a proper quote, then when I did drop the parts off they gave another higher estimate, and sari anywhere between 2 weeks and two months to get them done.
I walked out with my parts.

But the work I saw there that had been done looked top notch, I just think their service is a bit crap.
I could have written exactly this, I too lived just around the corner, and took some old Norton bike parts in...I understand they can not just run a couple of small bits through on their own but a time frame a little less vague than "could be a couple of weeks" may have gone some way to securing my business. Also ,the quote I got was significantly more than buying new parts.
Old 19-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Cant speak highly enough of Gold Coast Electroplating at Labrador . Great job in a good time , was worth the drive down IMO
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got them to do some stuff for me and had no dramas at all, in fact I would recommend them. have had quite a few people I know use them with no dramas.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post