Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #91
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
It reminds of when the BA was being released. A snippet of information being released every few months to keep people interested.
The BA launch was legendary.
Old 19-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #92
Jesmol

Posted this in the other thread, but heard nothing through work at all on this, which would rule out any major sheetmetal changes.

I'm wondering if the "Go Further" thing is a reference to putting diesel into the FG ?
Jesmol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #93
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesmol
Posted this in the other thread, but heard nothing through work at all on this, which would rule out any major sheetmetal changes.

I'm wondering if the "Go Further" thing is a reference to putting diesel into the FG ?
Go Further is the new corporate Ford Motor Co, catch phrase.

Think new Mondeo with the front end 2014 Falcon styling .

Last edited by Fordman1; 19-10-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #94
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
What we do know is that the 2014 will be more than just a basic make over and maybe,
just maybe brand new styling will transform the cars looks enough to be love at first sight..

I haven't heard Ford people so excited about the look of a Falcon in many years, most recent designs
seen for the first time take a while to sink in, whisper is that the next car is one that gets you right away..
I just hope it's not a mash up of different design languages. They're going from a weak Kinetic 1.0 to hopefully a solid Kinetic 2.0 so hopefully it will work. Their last couple with BA and SZ weren't so transitional. BA utes and wagons in particular look a bit oddball.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #95
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Sidestepping the debate around what the 2014 Falcon will actually be, there's a big lesson to be learned here I reckon.

For ANY Ford presentation, Australia or US, with management having a presence, then any mention of future Falcon in that presentation, no matter how small, is enough to avoid negative press. Avoiding negative press is key to attaining positive market perception - something which Ford is clearly lacking these days. The press have not, for example, gone looking for interview snippets for how they can spin a negative story this time around.

This was a win Ford Marketting. Get the guys in Detroit to do something similar, and the Australian Press Hounds will work for you and not against you.

Lukeyson
Old 19-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #96
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Sidestepping the debate around what the 2014 Falcon will actually be, there's a big lesson to be learned here I reckon.

For ANY Ford presentation, Australia or US, with management having a presence, then any mention of future Falcon in that presentation, no matter how small, is enough to avoid negative press. Avoiding negative press is key to attaining positive market perception - something which Ford is clearly lacking these days. The press have not, for example, gone looking for interview snippets for how they can spin a negative story this time around.

This was a win Ford Marketting. Get the guys in Detroit to do something similar, and the Australian Press Hounds will work for you and not against you.

Lukeyson
Yeah I think you've nailed it, there's nothing much else to take away from the announcement. There's nothing solid enough provided by any insider to think past 2016.
Old 19-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #97
EVLKNEVL

So,when was the 'Falcon is dead' rumour ever more than just a rumour? It seems like business as usual for Ford Australia, with the media and internet forums making assumptions that snowball out of control..
EVLKNEVL is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #98
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

To be fair, the media never said the falcon was dead in 2014! If I remember correctly, it was the members of this very forum (some) that said it would be dead!

Then the rest (almost) and the media then tow the line of 'Falcon is dead post 2016-2017'... well not even Ford have the answer to this question yet.. (as far as I know).
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #99
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

But the unanswered question, as far as the media is concerned, seems to always result in the speculatory comment that the Falcon 'will most likely be replaced by the FWD Taurus'. We all know that Ford has NOT announced the end of the Falcon, nor the end of local production.

This marketting activity was great. I'd still like for there to be the occasional TV ad about Falcon, especially Ecoboost and EcoLPI, but this wasn't bad. It neither confirmed nor denied anything, but it resulted in positive speculation.

That is a HUGE world of difference.

Lukeyson
Old 19-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #100
Buntz
Straight Eight

How can one not see Mustang in this?
Old 19-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #101
AU Mont
Banned

the new falcon needs to be trimmed down to a mid sized sporty looking sedan.

If Ford were to keep Falcon a 5 metre barge that would be a huge mistake.... but i dont think theyre gonna do that. Should be exciting times ahead
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #102
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont

If Ford were to keep Falcon a 5 metre barge that would be a huge mistake.... but i dont think theyre gonna do that. Should be exciting times ahead
I think where they have it now is great. It's a smidgen bigger than a Mondeo in length. But also RWD with sporty offerings.

I think FoMoCo may be warming up to the idea of a sports saloon. And I don't mean a Taurus allSHO.
Old 19-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #103
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
The ppl in the know help steer people so they have knowledge as opposed to the rubbish spouted by the 'experts' who have no idea but need to put in their 2c as somehow they have psychic powers to know what will happen.
exactly..and then you have others, who look at the big picture, ford as a buissiness and realize how awesome all their poducts have been that have been putting out there for us in the last few years. They have a budget...they have a plan and just because it doesnt line up with some idiot fans or some overrated journos plans or mag releae dates, they have nothing left to do but complain.

To me FORD AUS once AGAIN is showing how AWSOME a job they are doing for us here in aus. We just have to wait for the info to be released.

What isnt the world class Territory, the Ranger and the SUPER AMAZING GT R SPEC enough for us. dam right its enough.

And anyway ford dont make ugly cars so we have nothing to worry about...except there may be some compromises locally with badge names, engines and so on but itll still be woth it. GO FORD

Ill take the red one for 150k tommorro aswell.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #104
zak88
FG GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz

How can one not see Mustang in this?
Lol, it can be anything but I think we all hope to see a mustang in it.
Old 19-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #105
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak88
Lol, it can be anything but I think we all hope to see a mustang in it.
Maybe they want the styling more Americanised for US exports.

Whatever it looks like we have no control over, but it looks to be a bold change to what we're used to.... and I'm sooooo excited to see more teasers. I can't wait for 2014... it has to be now. RIGHT NOW!!!!
Old 19-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #106
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont

people saying crap comments like this, show you arenrt very well educated on the matter(no offense). There are still many large sedans on the market worldwide and even vehicles so huge it doesnt seem to make sense...like f trucks.

As long as they move with the times with new materials, products and efficient engines with good power to wieght.......THEN A SIMPLE STATEMENT SAYING 5 MTER BARGE IS GARBAGE.

Did YOU realize a new LPI Falcon is more efficient then most SMALL cars, such as the corrolla.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #107
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

What they have shown is a complete CG presentation to get people interested, get them talking and think of falcon again. They want to send a message that there is change on the way, which in the way it was presented, implying more than just a bumper and grille tweak!

They've been seen to look as though they've revealed some of the new design, but in fact, it's still completely under wraps.
Old 19-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #108
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
They've been seen to look as though they've revealed some of the new design, but in fact, it's still completely under wraps.
Those bastards...
Old 19-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #109
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
people saying crap comments like this, show you arenrt very well educated on the matter(no offense).
mate, coming from you, no offense taken.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #110
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLKNEVL
So,when was the 'Falcon is dead' rumour ever more than just a rumour? It seems like business as usual for Ford Australia, with the media and internet forums making assumptions that snowball out of control..
You, sir, are 100% spot on, and that's all it ever was.

And I'll say it again, anyone who thinks Ford is dropping all of this coin on a model that is going to run for only 2 year is clueless. Forget 2016, and forget the goddamn Toreass already.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #111
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior

And I'll say it again, anyone who thinks Ford is dropping all of this coin on a model that is going to run for only 2 year is clueless. Forget 2016, and forget the goddamn Toreass already.
When Mulally says "we love Falcon", I think he means it.

Probably had the idea to incorporate it globally since taking a G6E turbo for a spin.
Old 19-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #112
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior

It's about time the bloody snowball of confidence in the next Falcon gathered some pace,
maybe drown out a few negatards who persist in constantly predicting the death of Falcon....

Seems the only way to shut people up is to give them something else to think about..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #113
Bossxr8
Peter Car

You can't tell me the so called 2014 Falcon image isn't a Mustang. Same Mustang bonnet, same headlights and grille configuration, same mirrors. Its clearly not a Falcon.

But it sucked a lot of people in though didn't it.

2014 Falcon won't be a new top hat but a new front end and maybe a re-styled rear? Doors and roof will stay the same or minor changes maybe.

Interior will be an area they plan to focus on, they really want the interior quality to be top notch from what i've heard. Quality plastics and excellent fit and finish.

If they plan on going past 2016 they will need to go Euro 5. Based on previous platforms then 10 years is usually the threshold for a new platform for Falcon, so going out to 2018 may be possible. But I still wouldn't bet on there ever being an all new Falcon ever again after the current platform passes its use by date, unless they can get export markets. I think getting export markets is a must do anyway to at least get some volume going. Hopefully the Territory exports to Thailand are a toe in the water exercise to get exports flowing throughout Asia.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #114
Buntz
Straight Eight

Interior quality speaks a lot. Maybe exports are in the pipe-line.

I'm wetting my pants for 2014 Falcon. Can't wait to see the revealed product.
Old 19-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #115
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
2014 Falcon won't be a new top hat but a new front end and maybe a re-styled rear?
I hope you get a chance to see it.
Old 19-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #116
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

I would like to think exports are in the pipeline especially with Holden exporting.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #117
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

How great is it having some positive speculation about the Falcon future in Australia!

I like what I can see but if I'm honest I cannot see much, luckily for me the hints are between Mustang and Mondeo, both of which look great.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #118
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will it be fwd??? if it is well good by falcon....i was only today at a toyota dealership (looking at a new corolla for my wife) and the salesman was going on about how good the aurion was ...and i had a look and i reckon if they were rwd the falcon and commodore would have a big problem..
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #119
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There'll be some more info (perhaps quite significant) coming from ford about the falc in the new year. I'm pretty sure Bob Graziano mentioned it himself to media also iirc.
Old 19-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #120
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
will it be fwd??? if it is well good by falcon....i was only today at a toyota dealership (looking at a new corolla for my wife) and the salesman was going on about how good the aurion was ...and i had a look and i reckon if they were rwd the falcon and commodore would have a big problem..
The 2014 facelift is just that, using the same base platform so it will remain RWD.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post