Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Asking a Favour - Newcastle Members-slide hammer and dollies

I have a daughter who I taught to drive. She never listens to me, and I told her when teaching her to drive a manual to always put it in first gear when she turned engine off, and to then put on handbrake.

Anyway she has recently moved to Sydney, works there 3 days, then comes back to Newcastle for 2 days uni.

She was tired, parked her Honda Civic outside our house, forgot to put handbrake on AND did not put car in first gear (which apparently she has never done ).

So the car rolled back down hill, bounced on kerb, slewed across road and smashed through a small brick wall, and rested up in a neighbours garden.

Thankfully no one was injured or killed.

The rear bumper bar has been torn off, and the car needs 2 rear light clusters replaced, and the tow truck driver said its a right off.

I have looked and I will be able to repair the rear wheel arch and passenger side sill that has been bashed inwards, ie using a slide hammer and hammers to smash outwards, and I can do the light cluster repairs and re-affix rear bumper bar, and re align boot (roughly). Will be rough but roadworthy.

At present she who does not listen is catching trains etc.

I have standard hammers and mallet, but no slide hammer and other bodywork dollies.

Are there any Newcastle members that can spare a slide hammer and dollies over say 3 hours?

Would very much appreciate a loan for an afternoon....?

Cheers and thanks

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Asking a Favour - Newcastle Members-slide hammer and dollies

That’s not much fun. Haven’t got a power pole out front - handy for straightening stuff?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That’s not much fun. Haven’t got a power pole out front - handy for straightening stuff?
Care to give me a hint how I use a power pole to straighten bent in wheel arch and sill?

Damage not so banana bent that I need to do a slide sideways into it at 100kph \to reverse engineer.....

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 09-11-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Cable puller (comealong) with hooks, chains, timber.

If it’s not too bad you could also try hiring a spotter, if they are hired.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:15 PM   #5
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: Asking a Favour - Newcastle Members-slide hammer and dollies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Cable puller (comealong) with hooks, chains, timber.

If it’s not too bad you could also try hiring a spotter, if they are hired.
Thanks for the tips

Old 09-11-2020, 11:15 PM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Haven’t got a power pole out front - handy for straightening stuff?
So was that how the Citroen was bent? Visions of a power pole being pulled by come-along snapping off at the base as they are designed to do and falling on a Citroen.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:24 PM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I was hit and run. Badly, on the passenger side (T-boned).

Plenty of rough repair experience, happy to assist with advice.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:01 AM   #8
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
I was hit and run. Badly, on the passenger side (T-boned).
Pas la Citroën!!

So are you of French decent or just a Francophile? While a 7th generation Aussie and have no French language, I am actually of French decent (25%) albeit an ancestor who was born to French parents in what was then French Cochin China (now Vietnam). But French, cars post 1980 at least, always seemed a matter of form or fashion over function to me and I have steered clear of them all.