Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #9691
Tbm1121

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrucaveman View Post
From those in the know, what sort of timeline can potential buyers expect for the XR8 reveal?

Prices Friday Oct 3rd? Cars in Showrooms when? Demo cars available for test drives?

Do people still think there will be a test drive opportunity? or given its the 335 engine, and some are thinking limited availability are we likely to be expected to buy without a test drive?? (Not a huge issue given the rave reviews the engine gets from all and sundry)

Never bought a new car, nor have i waited so eagerly in anticipation for a reveal so not sure what i can expect.......

Official on sale date is dec 1st, but some dealers may not have cars for a little while,
With the limited production ability it restricts what we can order and supply,
And most places won't demo the car as they will have people ready to buy the car rather than putting km's on it,
I know my dealership won't have unsold cars until late jan early feb, sold all of dec and early jan already.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #9692
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I Can't really comment on the looks with any authority until we get to see some proper pics and see it in the flesh. I would have liked to see ecolpi in Territory or Latest spec turbo engine in territory. Wonder if xr6t engine for falcon is improved at all? Like a lot of the changes and be nice if the new aerial set up could be retro fitted to my gte as for us in the country the radio reception in fg is crap.
Old 29-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #9693
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
From those in the know, what sort of timeline can potential buyers expect for the XR8 reveal?

Prices Friday Oct 3rd? Cars in Showrooms when? Demo cars available for test drives?

Do people still think there will be a test drive opportunity? or given its the 335 engine, and some are thinking limited availability are we likely to be expected to buy without a test drive?? (Not a huge issue given the rave reviews the engine gets from all and sundry)

Never bought a new car, nor have i waited so eagerly in anticipation for a reveal so not sure what i can expect.......

Price on Friday, on sale 1st of December, don't know about test drives for the XR8.

Very limited numbers initially, the first allocation has already been made (282 units Australia wide). Next allocation is in January for the April to September sales period, numbers to be based on the last six months dealership sales (probably no more than 500 odd).

If you want an XR8 early, get in now. As I said in an a previous post, all six allocated to the ACT have already had deposits put down on them. No more until April.
Old 29-09-2014, 11:52 PM   #9694
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many people will wait ??? These days people aren't prepared to wait unless die hard .Ford should factor this in....Delivery in a month of ordering should be the norm..not 6 months..its not a BMW etc etc...
Old 30-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #9695
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

I think we all get everyone's position on the thing. If people don't like it, why must they insist on coming back and letting us all know?

Ok, pricing for the XR8 is announced on Friday, after which I'll be having a chat with my dealer (sounds seedy when I put it that way) about pricing, specification (not that there are any real options), and the trade in. Bring on Friday!
4 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #9696
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

I seem to remember, when the FG was released, a lot of people thought it looked too similar to the BA/F's at the time... that Ford went "soft" with the styling of the "all new" car.. should have been more different... etc. etc..
But... given some time to get used to it... the FG's styling is more apreciated.
I'd say the FG-X's styling will be better apreciated, given time, in much the same way !??
IMPO... I think it's a great looking car... especially in XR trim !
It's the first time the nose of the car hasn't sloped backwards since the XC's.. and as the XB is one of my all time favourites... I'm really liking the more agressive look of the new front end ! As the FG's styling got a bit wider... I always thought the back end could do with something "more" between the tail light area.... so, for me, the FG-X tail lights make this area look a whole lot better ! (BTW... I still like the FG too )
Sure... FOA weren't given a huge budget to do a "complete" makeover of the last Falcon... but I reckon, within the confines of what they have had to play with, they've done a dam fine job !

Really looking forward to seeing them on sale and out in the traffic !

(And now the disclaimer.... Just my personal opinions... not expecting everyone/anyone to agree or disagree etc. )

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #9697
elfinke

I've never been interested in owning a new car, economic rationale always bears its ugly head... but man, I think I'm gonna have to at least visit the local Ford dealer on Friday and get whatever info he has on the XR8 from him.

I'll be amazed if our dealership gets more than one in that initial shipment, and I bet it is already spoken for.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #9698
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
I think we all get everyone's position on the thing. If people don't like it, why must they insist on coming back and letting us all know?
Because there's nothing else to talk about. Not defending them, just saying what I see.

And it is school holidays. Brings some munchkins out of the woodworks. There has been a number of members who I won't name who get more active over school holidays and during non-school hours
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #9699
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Anyone going to see the new XR8 at "Outside The Oval" art Exhibition this weekend?

More info at outsidetheoval.com
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #9700
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So we're getting close to the official price reveal on the XR8 and I wanted to stimulate some discussion.

Lots of speculation has pegged it for 60k drive away. Who thinks it will be more and who thinks it will be less?

My money is on a 58k drive away, 54k list price. That's a 9k premium on the XR6T and firmly places it as the most expensive car of the range. BUT you get a premium pack, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, better exhaust and that awesome V8 as standard.

Of those thinking of buying the XR8 what would be a showstopper price, 60k, 65k, 70k?
Has anyone who was previously considering buying one for 45k-50k pulled out given there is no "cloth only" non premium pack option?
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #9701
Pies1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
Price on Friday, on sale 1st of December, don't know about test drives for the XR8.

Very limited numbers initially, the first allocation has already been made (282 units Australia wide). Next allocation is in January for the April to September sales period, numbers to be based on the last six months dealership sales (probably no more than 500 odd).

If you want an XR8 early, get in now. As I said in an a previous post, all six allocated to the ACT have already had deposits put down on them. No more until April.
I just spoke to salesman today at Phillip ACT Dealer. Looks like I would have to wait if I want one locally. I did register my interest with Cheney/Patterson in Melbourne about 4 weeks ago, but haven't paid a deposit.
Pies1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #9702
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
So we're getting close to the official price reveal on the XR8 and I wanted to stimulate some discussion.

Lots of speculation has pegged it for 60k drive away. Who thinks it will be more and who thinks it will be less?

My money is on a 58k drive away, 54k list price. That's a 9k premium on the XR6T and firmly places it as the most expensive car of the range. BUT you get a premium pack, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, better exhaust and that awesome V8 as standard.

Of those thinking of buying the XR8 what would be a showstopper price, 60k, 65k, 70k?
Has anyone who was previously considering buying one for 45k-50k pulled out given there is no "cloth only" non premium pack option?

The xr6turbo in manual with a full size spare(standard on xr8) leather and luxury pack (standard on xr8 prices at $52500 on the build your own,

Judging by this you would expect it to fall under the 60 driveway. That's at rrp, maybe a tad over for the auto as well.

Probably a few thousand for brakes, and around 5 thousand more for the v8 engine over the 6turbo.
Old 30-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #9703
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
The xr6turbo in manual with a full size spare(standard on xr8) leather and luxury pack (standard on xr8 prices at $52500 on the build your own,

Judging by this you would expect it to fall under the 60 driveway. That's at rrp, maybe a tad over for the auto as well.

Probably a few thousand for brakes, and around 5 thousand more for the v8 engine over the 6turbo.
If you are using the ford "Build Your Own" portal - you are pricing the FG II - Not the new FG-X - which has significantly reduced pricing.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #9704
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post

$5k more for the S/C V8 over the Turbo I6 ? The last XR8 was the same price as the XR6T, that is not to say that it will be the same this time, but I would think $5k would be at the absolute price limit (even though it is really a GT mechanically, and vastly superior in performance to the XR6T)
Old 30-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #9705
LASTXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
If you are using the ford "Build Your Own" portal - you are pricing the FG II - Not the new FG-X - which has significantly reduced pricing.
No.
That is the FGX price
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #9706
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG2-XR6 View Post
No.
That is the FGX price
Shows Base model XR6T Manual - no extras @ Drive away price
$50,548, which would place it around $47.5k (old price)

New - FG-X XR6 Turbo 4.0L Petrol (manual) $42,990

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2014...-slashed-46314

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 30-09-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 30-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #9707
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
$5k more for the S/C V8 over the Turbo I6 ? The last XR8 was the same price as the XR6T, that is not to say that it will be the same this time, but I would think $5k would be at the absolute price limit (even though it is really a GT mechanically, and vastly superior in performance to the XR6T)

No it's definitely fgx

Remembering when I say engine, I mean hand built 5L instead of production line made6 with bolt on factory turbo kit, I also mean the extra suspension setup required, and the difference in wheels, and the upgraded dsc for the extra power,

Yes fg x did reduce the price, but this is because fg mkII had come down in price but not on the rrp but instead by way of a dealer claim that ford give back to the dealer once the car is sold.
Old 30-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #9708
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So steve, you seem to think we're off with our predictions, I'll ask you what is your price prediction (make sure you state list price or drive away)?

I'm just guessing as is Tbm we'll know for sure in a few days time

Edit: I got $54 951 drive away for a fully optioned XR6T auto from the FGX builder page.

Current Rides
Old 30-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #9709
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I just got $47488D/A for a kinetic manual XR6T on the build your own. $50483 for one with lux pack and full size spare.

Moving a year or so down the track does anyone envisage heavy discounting like with the current FGII on certain models?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #9710
Cymrucaveman

Without kicking off world war 3 there's speculation on the fb page that there will be an option of a "sports pack" on the xr6t/xr8 models. I haven't seen that mentioned in this thread, although in 325 pages I could of missed it!

If it's true then I like a lot! And would surely be a must have option......
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #9711
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the first I'm hearing of the sport pack Cymrucaveman so if it was mentioned before I've missed it too! What would the pack contain? I'm not sure there are any options left that aren't already listed in the lux pack's for XR6T or standard on XR8.

Current Rides
Old 30-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #9712
joeyy17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't believe its already only 2 months left until the FGX is on the roads. Before we all know it we will be actually saying goodbye to the falcon. I'm just so happy and feel privileged to be able to say to my future kids that I was alive and an owner of a Ford Falcon. Not to sound immature but the excitement to see the last one on the roads tingles my ballsack.... surprise last sentence there aye
Old 30-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #9713
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Without kicking off world war 3 there's speculation on the fb page that there will be an option of a "sports pack" on the xr6t/xr8 models. I haven't seen that mentioned in this thread, although in 325 pages I could of missed it!

LOL

That is all I have to say on that.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #9714
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Without kicking off world war 3 there's speculation on the fb page that there will be an option of a "sports pack" on the xr6t/xr8 models.
Which FB page, Ford's official one or Callum31's ?
Old 30-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #9715
AUS GRUNT

Quote:

From 'Support the new 2014 Ford Falcon' facebook page

"Also we have just heard a rumor today that the new 2014 Falcon XR6 Turbo and XR8 (at an extra price) can be optioned with a 'Sports Pack' featuring a BIGGER spoiler and front bumper."

If true, would be a nice option (depending on style of spoiler & bumper)
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #9716
Cymrucaveman

I'm just the messenger. Quoting the support the 2014 falcon page. And yes, I know the credibility of the page has been questioned ......
I Find it hard to believe certain people here who work on the production line/sales would keep that titbit to themselves after all this time,hence the reason I raised it.
I more inclined to believe this forum than anywhere else.....
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 10:30 PM   #9717
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS GRUNT View Post
From 'Support the new 2014 Ford Falcon' facebook page

"Also we have just heard a rumor today that the new 2014 Falcon XR6 Turbo and XR8 (at an extra price) can be optioned with a 'Sports Pack' featuring a BIGGER spoiler and front bumper."

If true, would be a nice option (depending on style of spoiler & bumper)
I'd take his 'rumours' with a grain of salt, he likes people on that page to think he is in the know. If u want real news, this thread is the place to be with people that actually work at ford on here.
Old 30-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #9718
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
So steve, you seem to think we're off with our predictions, I'll ask you what is your price prediction (make sure you state list price or drive away)?

I'm just guessing as is Tbm we'll know for sure in a few days time

Edit: I got $54 951 drive away for a fully optioned XR6T auto from the FGX builder page.
I got a price close to yours on the XR6T also
Anyone know what the price on FG XR6T was on release? as above price sounds a bit high if you ask me
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #9719
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
I got a price close to yours on the XR6T also
Anyone know what the price on FG XR6T was on release? as above price sounds a bit high if you ask me
I asked this about the FG XR8 a few pages ago, as it seemed very cheap ($46,990 RRP), much cheaper than what the FGX XR8 is going to be.

Anyway:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/14558/20...-turbo-review/

$46,990 RRP

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/562...urbo-road-test

$45,450 RRP

So I'm suss on these prices listed at those websites and asked what members here remember, but then the thread got distract by some neat photos and some unfortunate salty posts afterwards

FWIW, the Ford website tells me that an FGX XR6T in auto ($2310 'option', blurgh) and default victory gold colour is $49,798 drive away, with the G6ET a not too much more (indeed, by the time you add an auto and the lux pack to the XR, the G6 is an incredible bargain) At those prices, I'm not sure what the XR has going for it next to the G6...
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #9720
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
I asked this about the FG XR8 a few pages ago, as it seemed very cheap ($46,990 RRP), much cheaper than what the FGX XR8 is going to be.

Anyway:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/14558/20...-turbo-review/

$46,990 RRP

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/562...urbo-road-test

$45,450 RRP

So I'm suss on these prices listed at those websites and asked what members here remember, but then the thread got distract by some neat photos and some unfortunate salty posts afterwards

FWIW, the Ford website tells me that an FGX XR6T in auto ($2310 'option', blurgh) and default victory gold colour is $49,798 drive away, with the G6ET a not too much more (what a bargain!) At those prices, I'm not sure what the XR has going for it next to the G6...

These appear to be before on roads,

So depending on which state you live in as to exactly how much that costs,

Dealer delivery is usually around $2000, plus stamp duty (NSW is 3% of 45000 and 5% of everything over) plus rego, Ctp and plates,

This usually adds around 6-7 thousand extra on top,