Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #121
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Well I can't wait till they introduce the hybrid, diesel turbo as well as the solar paneled cars to FPV, now this will really up the sales.
Only if it has the fooly s i k TURBO badge emblazoned on it.
Old 13-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #122
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
What are the sales numbers of V8s versus Turbo Six for Falcons?
What! A whole thread without any substance ....come on guys post some numbers for us guys not in the know.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #123
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
What! A whole thread without any substance ....come on guys post some numbers for us guys not in the know.
The numbers are spelt out in the first post if you bothered to read it......

For FPV in Jan:

1160 V8 to 691 I6T.

Old 13-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #124
Wally
XP Coupe

So you can only get turbo sixes and V8s from FPV? I didn't know that.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #125
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:

For FPV in Jan:

1160 V8 to 691 I6T.
Maybe the discounts are greater for the V8s? The F6s probably don't need discounting as they have the fearsome image and reputation that the GTs lack.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #126
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Consider this.

1160 total V8 sales divided buy model range (5): 232
691 total I6 sales divided by range (2, not including F6x): 230

Include the F6X and you get 256 I6 sales...

Thats neck and neck, no one can argue with that. The I6 is just as good as the v8 for sales.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #127
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

If the F6 has such a fearsome image and reputation then why does the V8 nearly sell 2 to 1?

V8s do have greater discounting but i doubt you could say that it represents a huge portion of why people still by GT's...
Old 13-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #128
Wally
XP Coupe

I'm trying to establish whether the V8 sales are biased, because (AFAIK) you can only buy the FPV or XR8. If they were offered in run of the mill sedans, like holden do, would they leech sales from FPV and skew the sales of I6Ts more favourably as a performance option?

I guessing a total production figure of I6Ts would be more than the installed V8 numbers, but I don't know the facts.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #129
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Consider this.

1160 total V8 sales divided buy model range (5): 232
691 total I6 sales divided by range (2, not including F6x): 230

Include the F6X and you get 256 I6 sales...

Thats neck and neck, no one can argue with that. The I6 is just as good as the v8 for sales.

Erm that doesnt really make much sense... You either buy the I6T or the V8... regardless of what variant.
Old 13-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #130
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
If the F6 has such a fearsome image and reputation then why does the V8 nearly sell 2 to 1?

V8s do have greater discounting but i doubt you could say that it represents a huge portion of why people still by GT's...
Not every Tom, Dick and Harry want to have the best weapon. Whatever rocks their boat.

The HSV V8s are clearly quicker than the FPV V8s but does that stop people buying FPV V8s?
Old 13-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #131
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Erm that doesnt really make much sense... You either buy the I6T or the V8... regardless of what variant.

really, i didn't know that.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #132
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 13-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #133
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For exactly the same reason that Harley Davidson outsells Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW....etc etc etc......

And the biggest selling HD models are the slow pretty ones with extra bling.

As I have stated many times as have others, it is not about performance it is about ethos and those who buy this type of vehicle WANT THIS VEHICLE not something similar whether or not it is a better vehicle in any way.

This arguement will go on for ever and has as much hope of attaining a simple answer as asking a Harley rider why he does not own a similar bike that does not have a "Harley Davidson" badge.

It is all about emotion, which of course is blatantly obvious judging by some of the replies here ranging from slightly miffed to bitter and twisted personal attacks. Logical discussions are very difficult when any party involved cannot step back and look at the big picture rather than taking any comment about their "precious" as an affront.

The bottom line is, everyone has the right to buy what they want for their reasons. Just because their reasoning is different to your reasoning really should not be a something to start a jihad over.
Old 13-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #134
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
For exactly the same reason that Harley Davidson outsells Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW....etc etc etc......

As I have stated many times as have others, it is not about performance it is about ethos and those who buy this type of vehicle WANT THIS VEHICLE not something similar whether or not it is a better vehicle in any way.

This arguement will go on for ever and has as much hope of attaining a simple answer as asking a Harley rider why he does not own a similar bike that does not have a "Harley Davidson" badge.

It is all about emotion, which of course is blatantly obvious judging by some of the replies here ranging from slightly miffed to bitter and twisted personal attacks. Logical discussions are very difficult when any party involved cannot step back and look at the big picture rather than taking any comment about their "precious" as an affront.

The bottom line is, everyone has the right to buy what they want for their reasons. Just because their reasoning is different to your reasoning really should not be a something to start a jihad over.
Well said, couldnt agree more
Old 13-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #135
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
So true.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 13-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #136
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes.. exactly right, if some people just chilled out and saw the facts for what they were rather than taking everything as an attack against (insert tribal engine type here) then we'd get far further into this in a constructive way, and maybe see things for what they are.....

Old 13-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #137
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
No kidding.........!!
Now that you've come to your senses, u can stop baiting people and cease making incessant negative comments regarding models that YOU personally may not like or agree with. If logic alone was the absolute purveyor for FPV.......neither the GT or F6 would have made it off the ground. Logic also dictates that they should axe the F6.........it is the poorer seller......$$$ could be better spent in making the GT a much better product / bigger seller.......No ?.....but we'd all be worse off without such a great product ( F6 )...........an emotive decision by FPV perhaps......??

Despite your efforts to single handedly denigrate the GT........it continues to sell well and congratulations to FPV for some encouraging numbers YTD...........after all, it is what this thread was originally started for.

P.S...........as for your reference to Harleys...........how interesting would it look if a bunch of HELLS ANGELS rode into town all riding HONDA and SUZUKI sports bikes ............
Old 13-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #138
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
P.S...........as for your reference to Harleys...........how interesting would it look if a bunch of HELLS ANGELS rode into town all riding HONDA and SUZUKI sports bikes ............
Some do... and some drive BMW's.....

Old 13-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #139
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
No kidding.........!!
Now that you've come to your senses, u can stop baiting people and cease making incessant negative comments regarding models that YOU personally may not like or agree with. If logic alone was the absolute purveyor for FPV.......neither the GT or F6 would have made it off the ground. Logic also dictates that they should axe the F6.........it is the poorer seller......$$$ could be better spent in making the GT a much better product / bigger seller.......No ?.....but we'd all be worse off without such a great product ( F6 )...........an emotive decision by FPV perhaps......??

Despite your efforts to single handedly denigrate the GT........it continues to sell well and congratulations to FPV for some encouraging numbers YTD...........after all, it is what this thread was originally started for.

Not an example of slightly miffed.....
Old 13-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #140
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Not an example of slightly miffed.....
Not an example of a logical rebuttal........
Old 13-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #141
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wave at people in GTs when I burn past them thinking to myself "bad decision" Keep buying them ignoring the better performing option then.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 13-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #142
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I wave at people in GTs when I burn past them thinking to myself "bad decision" Keep buying them ignoring the better performing option then.
See, now where do the I6T guys get their rep from?

How is this thread still going, and what was the topic again? LOL
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 13-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #143
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmm so the topic is I6T outsells V8 ?
Old 13-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #144
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Next time.....try stopping at the RED traffic lights like everyone else......
Old 13-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #145
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Next time.....try stopping at the RED traffic lights like everyone else......
I thought orange meant go faster used: :P

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 13-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #146
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe they see you burning past and think why did that guy invest in a car that sounds like a hoover vac on full jammed up with a stack of tissues? Maybe they also laugh at the fact your car needs forced induction to perform? Like many have mentioned both the V8 and I6T are great and everyone is different therefore everyone will most probably have different preferences and good luck to them
Old 13-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #147
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no actually, believe it or not, the topic is FPV outsells HSV in january
Somewhere in there we got to slogging V8's against I6T
I just think we should bask in the glory of January, as i think it will be short lived
Old 13-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #148
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50
no actually, believe it or not, the topic is FPV outsells HSV in january
Somewhere in there we got to slogging V8's against I6T
I just think we should bask in the glory of January, as i think it will be short lived
Aslong as it is ford beating holden everyone here should be happy be it a ford 8 or 6 they are both better than the anything out of the red team :

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 13-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #149
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

It seems no one is willing to add to the topic so the usual argument ends here.
Old 13-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #150
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Yes.. exactly right, if some people just chilled out and saw the facts for what they were rather than taking everything as an attack against (insert tribal engine type here) then we'd get far further into this in a constructive way, and maybe see things for what they are.....
True that, I would insert this statement in your brackets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
i think the majority of F6 owners would be driving something Japanese if it wasnt for the F6,

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread