Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #31
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Welcome MTL10N, glad to have another Sydney-sider and Cougar owner Hope you're enjoying your ride. Post up some details and pics when you get a chance!

As for members... we have a few. Some are regular posters, others not so much... But, off the top of my head...

SA
*ProfessorSabre

NSW
*Abraxas (myself)
*pcperfection
*thearrow
yourself

VIC
*Cougar-boy
*FumDuk

I put the asterix to indicate regular posters, but then I can't think of the usernames of the others in any case, so that was pretty redundant!

Again, welcome

Dan
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
thearrow

As a fellow Eibach owner would love to see some pics of yours MTL1ON get some up as soon as you can.

Dan, when are we having a Sydney Cougarfest ????
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #33
MTL10N
red kitty kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
As a fellow Eibach owner would love to see some pics of yours MTL1ON get some up as soon as you can.

Dan, when are we having a Sydney Cougarfest ????

this link was in the other post, but here it is again:

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/toek...key=PBgz7_tMw8U

Sydney Cougarfest? I'm down for that fo-sho! Somewhere that incorporates good grub, plenty of drinks...hoo hoo baby sounds like a day out! :
MTL10N is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #34
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Well, for Sydney CougarFest, I'm guessing there should at least be four or five of us... Where's somewhere central that could work well? Parramatta Park's got BBQ facilities and stuff from memory? Or do we just want to cruise somewhere, have something to eat, chat and admire our cars, maybe take some photos and all that sort of thing?

Dave (the arrow), good to hear from you again, is it me, or has it been a while!?

Dan
Old 13-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #35
MTL10N
red kitty kat

What's considered a central location? Where is everyone in Syd based? It would be ideal to then triangulate an epicentre (not to sound like too much of a tech-tool) which also includes an open space for either bbq and/or other activities.
Dan...Blacktown
Mark...?
Dave...?
...any others?

Maybe a suggestion for a cruise for photos would be to somewhere with tropical rainforests. The rainforest canopy towering over the road with sunlight breaking through is a favourite of mine. A few national parks down south can cater for this. A great background location with the kitty in the front would just be superb as some wallpaper (and maybe even a wallet photo LOL).

ToeKnee
Old 13-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #36
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Mark's around Liverpool, I forget where Dave's haunts are!
Also have a 'phantom' red Cougar from the Liverpool area too... but rarely shows up.

Royal National Park, or even the Chipping Norton park area where Mark took his photos would cater for the effects you're after. Or maybe the Blue Mountains (where we have another member).

Dan
Old 13-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #37
pcperfection
Cougar

Dan & I have both used Chipping Norton in the past, plenty of good opportunities there but morning or late arvo (sunsets are great) are the best times, there is also plenty of spots to get filtered light if the sun is a bit harsh
A couple of links to some pic's taken at Chipping Norton, the first lot were taken with my old point & shoot camera, the 2nd link is with my new Canon and I'm busting to get some more car practice with it.
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/OzzyCougar/20061227Chip
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/OzzyCougar/chippo40D
Cheers
Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #38
TheCougar
Lovin Life

hey guys if we get a cruise happening im in for sure

Jesse
Old 14-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #39
thearrow

Yes Dan has been a while, I am in Kogarah.

FYI Cougar_Cougs has finally got his Cat back on the road, he is in Sutherland and would be up for a cruise in a hot second.
Old 14-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #40
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
Yes Dan has been a while, I am in Kogarah.

FYI Cougar_Cougs has finally got his Cat back on the road, he is in Sutherland and would be up for a cruise in a hot second.
Dave, what happened to Cougs' car?

Certainly looks like we've got a good mix of Cougars from all around the place and ready to go. This should be good whatever eventuates!

If anyone has any good ideas of destinations etc, do post them up and we'll see about getting this happening. Another good destination with trees and stuff and a good carpark for a load of cars is Wisemans Ferry. Though I'm dubious about going across the ferry itself, it would be a good drive for some of us

Dan
Old 15-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #41
thearrow

Cougs car had battery problems so he couldn't start it and then his rego expired and I think he also had an engine problem. He is back on the road now though.
Old 17-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #42
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mind if a Probe tags along? From the Shire too.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #43
pcperfection
Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
Dave, what happened to Cougs' car?
Seen Coug's yesterday, car is all good now, he's also been busy moving, he's been off line due to his PC getting hit by the storm a few weeks ago, he's settled in to his new place now and brought his PC to me to get repaired, so he will be back online as soon as he has time to come pick the PC and set up his internet again.

Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #44
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842
Mind if a Probe tags along? From the Shire too.
Dru, you're more than welcome. It's about time we got our act together and planned a proper meet, it'll be great to unite the Ford Orphan Coupes

So we should start getting things under way... When's a good time? Obviously I'm assuming a weekend would work for everyone?

Dan
Old 18-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #45
MTL10N
red kitty kat

Well the uber-long w/e is coming up, 21-24 March...but if that's too far away...and all our kittys can't wait to play with one another...yer a w/e sometime soon would be good. What about the first w/e of March? See if everyone is free...

As for a location...Dan, Wisemans Ferry seems aight. Looks like a really interesting drive...a good winding, drifting route lol. Opinions from everyone else?
Old 18-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #46
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL10N
Well the uber-long w/e is coming up, 21-24 March...but if that's too far away...and all our kittys can't wait to play with one another...yer a w/e sometime soon would be good. What about the first w/e of March? See if everyone is free...

As for a location...Dan, Wisemans Ferry seems aight. Looks like a really interesting drive...a good winding, drifting route lol. Opinions from everyone else?
Easter weekend's out for me, I won't be in the state. So maybe we could look at one coming up a bit earlier depending on people's schedules.

Wisemans Ferry's not too bad, we might be able to fit in Galston Gorge or something to make it more interesting, but I probably won't go across the ferry for fears of scrapage!

Dan