Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2022, 04:42 PM   #31
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Recommended tuners in Perth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tratado Injustamente View Post
So two people clearly didn't get the point i was making.

Who is "thinking" again?
Seeing as you're new here (again) behave or begone!
Old 23-04-2022, 08:01 AM   #32
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like youve done similar to mine in signature , i used a small duration 264 comp cam to avoid getting it tuned but in the end had to because of this rolling surge it had that was just annoying

As said before theres very little benefit (power wise )better torque spread but for the $ spent its probably not worth it ....definately drives a lot better , if you can get it to run ok IMO i wouldnt bother , just check your A/F ratios on a dyno

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-04-2022, 08:07 AM   #33
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like youve done similar to mine in signature , i used a small duration 264 comp cam to avoid getting it tuned but in the end had to because of this rolling surge it had that was just annoying

As said before theres very little benefit (power wise )better torque spread but for the $ spent its probably not worth it ....definately drives a lot better , if you can get it to run ok IMO i wouldnt bother , just check your A/F ratios on a dyno

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2022, 09:17 AM   #34
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysler View Post
Ah, a tuner is now the least of my worries. I just punted a tow ball taking the car for its first official cruise down south when I hit someone who suddenly slammed on their brakes when we both took off from a green light.

Fark!@ Anyone have a spare AU XR nose cone or knows a really, really good plastic welder???

Give these guys a call https://www.dennispanelpaint.com/ even if it's only for paint ask for Sam, you won't go wrong, he has a passion for paint plus likes Fords to boot. Tell him Mark with the 57 from West Auckland sent ya.

Last edited by five 7; 23-04-2022 at 09:25 AM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #35
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ah, a tuner is now the least of my worries. I just punted a tow ball taking the car for its first official cruise down south when I hit someone who suddenly slammed on their brakes when we both took off from a green light.

Fark!@ Anyone have a spare AU XR nose cone or knows a really, really good plastic welder???

Bugger, sorry to hear mate. Hopefully you can either get another bar or get this one repaired soon.

Rich

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2022, 01:14 PM   #36
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Chad at streetbuilt did a good job tuning my 220 au,i know they are closed up now but if you can contact chad(scaffy) on here he might be able to shed some light on your issue,or not?
im glad my windsor is gone now,gene pool is way too small for windsor tuning here in perth(non existant),ford tuning full stop.....
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2022, 07:00 PM   #37
Chrysler
Mopar or FoMoCar

Well, I may have dodged a bullet. Car is almost back on the road, but while it was on the hoist refilling the fluids I lost oil pressure. Sure enough, oil pump regulator failure. I put a new oil pump in it last night and will have it going later today.

I dodged a bullet because at the time of the prang, the missus and I were off on a 500km round trip down south. Had I not had the accident, the oil pump would likely have failed in the middle of nowhere.

The cause of the regulator failure (stuck in the partially open position) was a bit of carbon that had either been knocked off during the rebuild or was washed loose with the oil flush prior to removing the engine. There was some galling inside the impeller, too, which indicates there was a bit of **** in it. The engine has since been flushed.

Oh, and installing an oil pump when the engine is in the car is a mongrel of a job. Had to drop the K-frame, which was a chore in itself. Lucky I had access to a hoist.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:01 PM   #38
Chrysler
Mopar or FoMoCar

Thanks to all the suggestions on where to get the car fixed and tuned. Sorry for the late reply, but obviously I've been busy trying to find parts to help the panel beaters out.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:03 PM   #39
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Quote:
Thanks to all the suggestions on where to get the car fixed and tuned. Sorry for the late reply, but obviously I've been busy trying to find parts to help the panel beaters out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyaC4vutJs4&t=439s

Watch this. A tuner maybe able to get in touch and remote tune for you.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 04:42 AM   #40
Chrysler
Mopar or FoMoCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyaC4vutJs4&t=439s

Watch this. A tuner maybe able to get in touch and remote tune for you.
Mate, that's very interesting. I've got the car back now and it's been running pretty well with the factory ECU but is still a little on the lean side. I'm not sure I can afford the $3500 for an FT550 at this stage, but compared to $1000+ for a base tune, I don't doubt it's worth it.