Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #61
coo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 120 people killed in DIY car maintenance accidents in Australia since 2000

I have an old bus.... checking the air is the most nerve racking experience of owning it. The spare has a webbing rope wrapped around it in case the rings ever slip.

Truck and bus tyres run up to 120 psi max, typically 80-90psi. That's a lot of air instantaneously releasing.
coo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #62
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 120 people killed in DIY car maintenance accidents in Australia since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Now i dont know how much truth is to this, but one of the old blokes i work with was saying a lot of the people who got asbestosis were the wives of the workers in the asbestos mines. This was due to shaking out dirty work clothes before washing them. Dunno if thats true but it sounds plausable. His next theory im not entirely sold on, but he also reckons heavy smokers were less likely to have fibres penetrate due to the layer of tar in their lungs. My thought on that is lung cancer probably got them first.
Yes to the wives.

Quote:
Sally Williams reports on the women who have suffered painfully lingering deaths from cancer - and all because they washed the asbestos off their husband's overalls
https://www.theguardian.com/society/....lifeandhealth
Old 03-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #63
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

I still see places selling car stands without the four supports.... putting all that weight on a 4cm squared weld does not make sense....
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2019, 11:36 AM   #64
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think I've ever seen a car stand that I'd call suitable & safe for a Falcon.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post