Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU Rear Door Wont Lock

Anyone have an idea where to start??

Thanks

ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU Rear Door Wont Lock

More likely than not, I reckon its the Actuator Cog (At least that's the most common issue).

Replacement can be found on http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-DOOR...496106f&_uhb=1
Travisty.123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #3
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty.123 View Post
More likely than not, I reckon its the Actuator Cog (At least that's the most common issue).

Replacement can be found on http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-DOOR...496106f&_uhb=1

Awesome

il check it out thanks man
NCII40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Its not the plastic gear
Now what
Old 26-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCII40 View Post
Its not the plastic gear
Now what
We begin troubleshooting. I presume its only one of the two rears that aren't locking? When you press the lock button, the car lights flash twice, no horn beeps and for all intensive purposes, the car looks to be locked?
Old 27-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Quote:
We begin troubleshooting. I presume its only one of the two rears that aren't locking? When you press the lock button, the car lights flash twice, no horn beeps and for all intensive purposes, the car looks to be locked?

Spot on man, I have just disconnected the handle so it cant be opened at all for the minute

I tested the little motor inside that black box that has the gears in it and that seems to work.
Old 27-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCII40 View Post
Spot on man, I have just disconnected the handle so it cant be opened at all for the minute

I tested the little motor inside that black box that has the gears in it and that seems to work.
When you open the door after it has been "Locked", does the car's horn beep a few times?
Old 27-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
Travisty.123
Starter Motor

Quote:
When you open the door after it has been "Locked", does the car's horn beep a few times?
The other question I neglected was "When you press the locking button whilst standing next to that particular door, does it make the standard sound of the actuator mechanising?"
Old 28-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Unless something has happened with your wires I'd be surprised if it was anything other than the actuators.

I'd remove the actuator, still have it connected and the try locking the doors, you'll soon see and hear if its not working properly.

I have a set of rear actuators for sale if you need either of them
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11401292

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Ray

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayban76 View Post
Unless something has happened with your wires I'd be surprised if it was anything other than the actuators.

I'd remove the actuator, still have it connected and the try locking the doors, you'll soon see and hear if its not working properly.

I have a set of rear actuators for sale if you need either of them
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11401292

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Ray
Just doing a deal on ebay with a seller i will let you know how i go
legend thanks though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty.123
Yes it does man only when i open the door and then the whole car unlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty.123
The other question I neglected was "When you press the locking button whilst standing next to that particular door, does it make the standard sound of the actuator mechanising?"
Not that i can notice man to pin point that exact door cause all the other doors are locking

You are all awesome thanks for the replies
Old 28-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Yep sounds like actuator, the beep is letting you know that the car is being opened without the doors being unlocked.

All good let me know.

Ray

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post