Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #61
sandmanls1

any sound bites or vids yet?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #62
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
The only thing that I don't rate.... is the GT badge on the Passenger door...

Kinda looks like an afterthought...

As in - they looked into the box of badges and realised they had a couple of leftovers... looked for a space with nothing happening... and went 'SLAP' there she goes!!!

I love the use of the 'retro' GT style badge...
Maybe on the rear spoiler blackout??
I dunno... just something doesn't feel right with it....

And where's the Coyote Superoo style symbol??? *jokes!*
I agree with the odd GT badge...bring back the Roo or Coyote strapped to a Blown engine!

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
HP-0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #63
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosh Brus
Here you go. Note that I am crap at photoshop in fact this is the first time I have done this.

Cheers for that, much better

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #64
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Lowered looks so much better. Don't think I'd like to be the owner of a current or late model GT. Every bugger will want one of these.................
LOOKS LOWERED . you guys are so impracticle when you bag a standard height car . lowered is disgracefull . looks ok but i'm over parking on the road with my ba GT at stock height . my FG XR6 is a blissfull joy . 50% of houses i cannot park a BA gt in the driveway , yes even flat ones . the FG CAME OUT SO MUCH BETTER able to go on holidays and actually park in an underground carpark without doing $2000 worth of damage , and now people bag the height and crap on about cars look better lowered , it's kind of like saying . my house would look so much better if my toilet door was see through
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #65
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
LOOKS LOWERED . you guys are so impracticle when you bag a standard height car . lowered is disgracefull . looks ok but i'm over parking on the road with my ba GT at stock height . my FG XR6 is a blissfull joy . 50% of houses i cannot park a BA gt in the driveway , yes even flat ones . the FG CAME OUT SO MUCH BETTER able to go on holidays and actually park in an underground carpark without doing $2000 worth of damage , and now people bag the height and crap on about cars look better lowered , it's kind of like saying . my house would look so much better if my toilet door was see through

pffft whatever

no car can look good if theres space between the tyres and wheel arches, end of story.

I dont imagine Porsche or Ferrari customers would complain about clearance issues, not to suggest a GT Falcon is in the same category, but my point is if you need more ground clearance a performance car may not be your best choice...
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #66
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
pffft whatever

no car can look good if theres space between the tyres and wheel arches, end of story.

I dont imagine Porsche or Ferrari customers would complain about clearance issues, not to suggest a GT Falcon is in the same category, but my point is if you need more ground clearance a performance car may not be your best choice...
i see your point but when a porsche or ferrari is being designed . i doubt thier main criteria or market is australian roads .
Old 07-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #67
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
pffft whatever

Its easy enough to lower them if looking good while ripping the front bumper off is a priority to you. Like filling the boot with subwoofers rather then actually using it for storage or travelling, you know as a Grand Tourer.

Point is FPV's are sold to be fit for use on ordinary Australian roads, not just going around in circles on a carefully mapped circuit that you can safely navigate, while going doof doof.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #68
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
pffft whatever

How does you lowered GT cope with gutters, speed humps and pot holes?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #69
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-0351
I agree with the odd GT badge...bring back the Roo or Coyote strapped to a Blown engine!
The biggest mystery for me is why they just didn't badge them as Coyote engines on the stickers. I guess they were worried about affecting the resale of current Boss owners.

Frankly if this car goes and sounds as good as the reviews say, then resale won't be an issue for Boss owners, as there wont be any.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #70
F6 RSPEC 138
Banned

may come close to the f6, i doubt it
F6 RSPEC 138 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #71
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
The biggest mystery for me is why they just didn't badge them as Coyote engines on the stickers. I guess they were worried about affecting the resale of current Boss owners.

Frankly if this car goes and sounds as good as the reviews say, then resale won't be an issue for Boss owners, as there wont be any.

Dan
No great mystery at all, "coyote" is the US code name for the N/A mustang engine, the code name for our engine is "miami", neither are the official Ford/FPV product name though.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #72
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

Dan
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=451841814752
Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #73
NEEDspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 RSPEC 138
may come close to the f6, i doubt it
That comment stuck in my mind as well. The thing is that many people are going to modify their cars and the turbos dont really seem to adhere to "The law of diminishing returns". These new 5.0s may be quicker initially but will they be cheap and easy to obtain power from?

Blueprint 2003 XR6. Forged internals 10.8cr engine.
NEEDspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #74
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

the ride height is perfect for Australian roads! I don't want to make it a T3 thread but my car is standard height and I have to say it's impractical for our roads I have to be careful everywhere I got and I still have gotten my bodykit resprayed twice in 2 years!

If people want to low it! Good on them! But they have to make a production/factory car to suit our roads
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #75
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Its easy enough to lower them if looking good while ripping the front bumper off is a priority to you.
i agree with tranquilized. there is no reason why ford can't design there cars to have a much smaller gap or no gap between tyre and guard! this doesn't mean keeping the design as is and just dropping it all another inch or two. this means designing it to still have decent ground clearance but having the sheetmetal sit just on the tyre. its not about changing the suspension. its about the whole design. euro cars still have plenty of ground clearance and are often used in rural situations with no issues.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #76
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i agree with tranquilized. there is no reason why ford can't design there cars to have a much smaller gap or no gap between tyre and guard! this doesn't mean keeping the design as is and just dropping it all another inch or two. this means designing it to still have decent ground clearance but having the sheetmetal sit just on the tyre. its not about changing the suspension. its about the whole design. euro cars still have plenty of ground clearance and are often used in rural situations with no issues.
Yay for someone seeing the whole picture.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #77
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDspeed
That comment stuck in my mind as well. The thing is that many people are going to modify their cars and the turbos dont really seem to adhere to "The law of diminishing returns". These new 5.0s may be quicker initially but will they be cheap and easy to obtain power from?
i'd guess with 335 at the fly they'd be 280-300rwkw stock and probably running about 4-5psi

imagine with just a 10psi pulley upgrade and tune, full exhaust and CAI they'd make close to 400rwkw with ease with supporting fuel system
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #78
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
How does you lowered GT cope with gutters, speed humps and pot holes?
So I don’t have a lowered GT, what exactly is your point?

Doesn't affect the validity of what I posted. I understand the practicality trade off in having a low car, cause I've owned a few. (no GT's unfortunately)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
This is exactly it. Its the distance between tyre and guard that has so much effect on how a car looks - not the actual distance the undercarriage is from the ground.

The new FPV's sit too high over the tyres to really look their best. I dont see how anyone could argue with that. Whether this is becuase the FG design needs to sit this high for enough clearance, (bad design) or its the bodykits, or Ford are just being conservative, I don't know.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #79
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Regardless of ride height, what a great effort from Ford..........spoke to a bloke in the servo today who had a sweet looking FG V8 ute, and I said to him jokeingly, when was he going to update to the Coyote, and he said "As soon as they hit the showrooms"....................and he looked serious when he said it !!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #80
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its the distance between tyre and guard that has so much effect on how a car looks - not the actual distance the undercarriage is from the ground.
And its not just the distance between the guard and the top of the tyre - its the distance all the way round.

Look at the Porsche: http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/image...10-profile.jpg

Small gap almost all the way round, only starting to flare away from the wheel half way down the wheel arch.

Compare to Falcon ... flaring away pretty much from the top of the guard down. Huge impact on the wheels, making them look too small for the car.

FPV cant do much about this - its a fundamental sheetmetal issue that only Ford can address.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #81
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDspeed
Seeing as the boost is low and has alot more potential I'd say its gonna have a fair bit of potential.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #82
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new...ent=newsfooter
Old 07-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #83
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Regardless of ride height, what a great effort from Ford..........spoke to a bloke in the servo today who had a sweet looking FG V8 ute, and I said to him jokeingly, when was he going to update to the Coyote, and he said "As soon as they hit the showrooms"....................and he looked serious when he said it !!
It'd be great to have the coin for that!

All the very best to those who can, and will, and will taste the sweet nectar of the 335 which will kick the butt of the HSV brigade. Oh yeah!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #84
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Looking at the price list there is another notable omission in manual form too....

No manual F6?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #85
Falcman0o7
Banned

Vid here of courtney taking it around bathurst...Sounds MINT!

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...005-165bz.html
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #86
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

Sounds great!

I will be driving the very same car next friday...can't wait!

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
HP-0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #87
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-0351
Sounds great!

I will be driving the very same car next friday...can't wait!
What! grrrr! LOL! Enjoy mate!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #88
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice video! Would be nice to see it from outside, also if he had no one riding with him, he'd have to hit 250 down the straight surely!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #89
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sounds bloody awesome!!

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #90
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Stuff me i am so excited!!!!!!! Listen to that blower whine as Courtney takes it around the mountain! 240km/h!!!

While the looks of the car are starting to grow on me, i will reserve final judgement until i see them in the flesh.