Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2020, 12:51 AM   #91
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: Mustang or FPV Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
I don’t know why but I feel very little for mustang, it’s a terrific looking car but being fully imported just makes it feel like everything else. It’s has no connection with anything or anyone Australian. Just feels like a toaster or a fridge from China.

Yep and Yep.

To me buying a Ford now is like enjoying shagging your missus after she's told you she's decided to run off with the boyfriend she had before you got married because he shags better than you.

zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2020, 11:05 AM   #92
GT0336
GT Pilot

I've got a Mustang and FPV, love them both. The comfit and features are great in the Stang, but there is nothing like pressing that starter button "even though it still needs a key" in the GT and the sound of the Boss.
LOWERED WITH BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS SPRINGS, CUSTOM QUAD EXHAUST, PACEMAKER HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, CAI, 80MM THROTTLE BODY, SHAKER, FACTORY SAT NAV, REVERSE CAMERA, CUSTOM ALPINE/DLS SOUND SYSTEM. CUSTOM GT-P LEATHER SEATS BY LEATHER-FX.
TUNED BY SPIRO AT AUTOTECH - 287.9 RWKW
Build Thread

2009 SY FPV F6X

2017 Mustang GT
GT0336 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #93
MercuryT
Banned

Mustang interiors are not as good as I expected.

Still way off Euro quality imo. Material quality, plastics feel cheap.

But I love a svelte coupe so looks wise I love the (1st) Gen here.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #94
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I owned my FPV (Cobra) there was no Mustang realistically available in Australia.
Even if I'd had the money to buy say one of the Last XR8s, I would have done so happily, even with the Mustang around the corner.
So head-to-head, there's no question.

But there's no more Falcons, they will only get older, and sadly the only V8s getting more affordable are the ones idiots have flogged the crap out of. Eventually, I'll be able to afford a reasonable 2nd hand Mustang even on my limited budget, and they'll be no local offering to compete. Maybe one day, I'll be able to afford a new or near to Mustang, and there again there will simply be no local competition.
Old 18-07-2020, 12:30 AM   #95
MercuryT
Banned

The Mustang rear looks bad - dating worse. Those three white strip lights......getting worse by the day and minimal flanks to suggest power. (bit Toyota 86 like as doesn't fit rest of car imo)

It's a shame as otherwise lines are very cool.
Old 18-07-2020, 08:58 AM   #96
Lunch
Wait, what?

Minimal flanks? Are you saying the S550 doesn't have hips? The top of the rear wheel arch is 230mm wider than the C pillar, on each side, maybe you should take another look. The best place to appreciate that is from the drivers seat. You don't like the 3 bar taillights? That's ok, it's only the absolute defining feature of every Mustang rear end, personally I think red would've been better but I think my tinted clear ones look tuff af but each to their own.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 09:15 AM   #97
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Minimal flanks? Are you saying the S550 doesn't have hips? The top of the rear wheel arch is 230mm wider than the C pillar, on each side, maybe you should take another look. The best place to appreciate that is from the drivers seat. You don't like the 3 bar taillights? That's ok, it's only the absolute defining feature of every Mustang rear end, personally I think red would've been better but I think my tinted clear ones look tuff af but each to their own.
Red tail lights plus sequential turn signals make the rear, white looks anemic.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #98
Lunch
Wait, what?

Full 3 bar sequential would be fantastic, are available that comply with Australian regs, around $1000 from memory
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2020, 09:58 AM   #99
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
No I'm not a huge fan of the lights but they're not too bad.

When following a Mustang their stance is not wide/tough enough imho. Look a bit underdone.

The front looks far more aggressive. Side on the Mustangs look fantastic.
Old 18-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #100
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I’m a big fan of the Mustang, particularly the latest model with the all the optional seats, suspension, ect I’d barely bother playing with it too much if I got one.

The biggest loss from Falcon to Mustang is the rear seat practicality, now having a little fella running around my XR8 is still just as practical as ever, I just need one of our tune shops to do an off the shelf conversion for a Coyote Swap into our Modern Falcons.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 04:04 PM   #101
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
I’m a big fan of the Mustang, particularly the latest model with the all the optional seats, suspension, ect I’d barely bother playing with it too much if I got one.

The biggest loss from Falcon to Mustang is the rear seat practicality, now having a little fella running around my XR8 is still just as practical as ever, I just need one of our tune shops to do an off the shelf conversion for a Coyote Swap into our Modern Falcons.
Ummm the last modern Falcons come with a Coyote.
Old 18-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #102
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Ummm the last modern Falcons come with a Coyote.
I don’t really want to steer the the thread OT, but I was referring to Pre Miami built cars.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #103
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
I don’t really want to steer the the thread OT, but I was referring to Pre Miami built cars.
All good.