Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #121
nstg8a

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'd welcome HK refugees into Melbourne in large numbers:

A) They tend to be educated
B) They share Western values
C) They mostly speak English
D) They hate Beijing/CCP

Rather have a tonne of Hong Kongers over Sudos/Somalis any day of the week.

If you're going to take in refugees, Hong Kongers are the perfect fit for our society.

Can I get an amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #122
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

我看不出問題所在。 我永遠感激我們的霸主,並希望他們繼續成功地剷除邪惡的資本家。

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #123
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The UN has not turned a blind eye. They have called them out over and over again. But the UN has no powers to take any meaningful actions. Just like the UN called us out on our detention camps. They had no meaningful way to stop us.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2020, 02:38 PM   #124
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
The UN has not turned a blind eye. They have called them out over and over again. But the UN has no powers to take any meaningful actions. Just like the UN called us out on our detention camps. They had no meaningful way to stop us.
Apologising for china again. What is it with you?

The UN is a joke though. How would anything be done against any country who has veto powers?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #125
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a small reminder of the OP's opening post...

"All opinions , considerations and statements are of course viable and warranted.
if you have an opinion on the agenda, of Politicians, China, Australia, Bilitaral Trade agreements, international students or " of the like" please voice your opinions.
Lets have an open conversation"

Play the ball not the man. You mentioned UN are turning a blind eye. I'm just pointing out that they are not, and veto or no veto, it seems to have very little power to make nations act in a certain way. All they can do is call it out. Australia has no right of veto, they get called out, yet nothing can realistically be done. One of the purpose of the UN is ""to achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character."" Note, international does not mean "America and its allies". The media paints a picture of "the world" against China...but this is the inconvenient truth. (is this being an apologist?)

https://www.axios.com/countries-supp...f01a46a7c.html

This is what is frightening about where our society is headed. The media is intense. It has now come to a stage where, merely stating something (like fact) that doesn't slag off China becomes a "oh you support human rights abuse".

A few months ago we were hearing "oh we don't have a problem with chinese people, its the CCP government.". Now we are hearing "send those bloody students back, they are spies and they are stealing our IP" . I've even heard someone say "hey, we need to start boycotting chinese people" Okayyyyy
Old 11-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #126
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Just a small reminder of the OP's opening post...

"All opinions , considerations and statements are of course viable and warranted.
if you have an opinion on the agenda, of Politicians, China, Australia, Bilitaral Trade agreements, international students or " of the like" please voice your opinions.
Lets have an open conversation"

Play the ball not the man. You mentioned UN are turning a blind eye. I'm just pointing out that they are not, and veto or no veto, it seems to have very little power to make nations act in a certain way. All they can do is call it out. Australia has no right of veto, they get called out, yet nothing can realistically be done. One of the purpose of the UN is ""to achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character."" Note, international does not mean "America and its allies". The media paints a picture of "the world" against China...but this is the inconvenient truth. (is this being an apologist?)

https://www.axios.com/countries-supp...f01a46a7c.html

This is what is frightening about where our society is headed. The media is intense. It has now come to a stage where, merely stating something (like fact) that doesn't slag off China becomes a "oh you support human rights abuse".

A few months ago we were hearing "oh we don't have a problem with chinese people, its the CCP government.". Now we are hearing "send those bloody students back, they are spies and they are stealing our IP" . I've even heard someone say "hey, we need to start boycotting chinese people" Okayyyyy
Have you not seen how many college professors have been arrested recently for taking bribes from china, and sending research documents directly into the hands of ccp officials? It’s becoming quite widespread now. They have widely infiltrated the us college research system.

But nah, china can do no wrong, and we should apologise for them.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #127
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How does anything being said here make you conclude that "china can do no wrong"? It seems the media has successfully brainwashed a section of the population.

As far as I know, 3 uni staff, all from the same uni in America, from the same case.

I will say this, we need to be conscious that our actions and megaphone diplomacy are being scruitinised by our neighbours. Like it or not, we are part of Asia. We are in the Asia Pacific (you can blame the poms for that).

Seen this today?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...on-in-malaysia

Add the bugging and phone tapping scandal of our neighbours, should we just generalise and call all Australians in asia as spies?
Because that is what it is being suggested of chinese students based on actions of a few.
Old 13-07-2020, 09:12 AM   #128
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
How does anything being said here make you conclude that "china can do no wrong"? It seems the media has successfully brainwashed a section of the population.

As far as I know, 3 uni staff, all from the same uni in America, from the same case.

I will say this, we need to be conscious that our actions and megaphone diplomacy are being scruitinised by our neighbours. Like it or not, we are part of Asia. We are in the Asia Pacific (you can blame the poms for that).

Seen this today?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...on-in-malaysia

Add the bugging and phone tapping scandal of our neighbours, should we just generalise and call all Australians in asia as spies?
Because that is what it is being suggested of chinese students based on actions of a few.
I agree, and this notion that we need to stand up to China on every topic is out of control.

The unwashed are falling for it hand over fist at the moment because they are angry about there own position so everyone else needs to pay and we need to hang someone...its pathetic.

If they are crossing the line regarding international law then there are processes in place to deal with it. The international community will act eventually but its not instant, because rash decisions usually dont end well.

I see the UK have taken some steps of late to also flex some muscle on China, this HK citizenship saga is going to get ugly too. But, China had that coming and deserve the shunning they will get.

I dont have a good feeling about it all, but, its a process we need to go through with them. The west isnt happy and I am sure this is going to get alot worse.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2020, 10:41 PM   #129
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

https://youtu.be/IxiVTI554D0 ... this one slipped under the radar, as far as I know no MSM has reported a thing! And the next day after the executive order another cyber attack...hmm 🤔

Step by step marching towards conflict with Chyna ?
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2020, 09:19 PM   #130
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like those steps have just turned into a giant leap. Is war closer than we think? Unfortunately I think Trump will play that card to hang on to power for a bit longer. The war will be fought far enough from US soil for the general public to not fear collateral damage.

On 16th July, Pompeo made a war cry over human rights and SCS. With the language used, you just knew it was the start of something.

Just now the US have ordered the Chinese consulate to close in Houston, Texas. Given them 72 hours to vacate. Has that happened before?

More hacking claims from our government, apparently Chinese hackers compromising systems worldwide "for commercial and personal" gain. "Commercial and personal" gain is hardly enough to start a war over?

In the same article, it mentions that Marisse and the defence minister will be flying over to meet Pompeo next week "at the urging of Washington" (I hope they isolate when they return).

One S.E Asian country already caught in the cross fire. Malaysia came out this week and said they won't be taking either side in the SCS dispute, and would prefer a peaceful resolution. China came out praising them. Bad move. Two days later Malaysia cops US sanction on their glove making business. Australia being "urged" to follow. Apparently "unrelated"....

Hard to be optimistic these days. S.E Asia does not deserve war at their door steps (IMHO).
Old 23-07-2020, 06:25 AM   #131
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Looks like those steps have just turned into a giant leap. Is war closer than we think? Unfortunately I think Trump will play that card to hang on to power for a bit longer. The war will be fought far enough from US soil for the general public to not fear collateral damage.

On 16th July, Pompeo made a war cry over human rights and SCS. With the language used, you just knew it was the start of something.

Just now the US have ordered the Chinese consulate to close in Houston, Texas. Given them 72 hours to vacate. Has that happened before?

More hacking claims from our government, apparently Chinese hackers compromising systems worldwide "for commercial and personal" gain. "Commercial and personal" gain is hardly enough to start a war over?

In the same article, it mentions that Marisse and the defence minister will be flying over to meet Pompeo next week "at the urging of Washington" (I hope they isolate when they return).

One S.E Asian country already caught in the cross fire. Malaysia came out this week and said they won't be taking either side in the SCS dispute, and would prefer a peaceful resolution. China came out praising them. Bad move. Two days later Malaysia cops US sanction on their glove making business. Australia being "urged" to follow. Apparently "unrelated"....

Hard to be optimistic these days. S.E Asia does not deserve war at their door steps (IMHO).
I agree it is not good, Trump is undoing diplomacy at an alarming rate.

You can politically disagree with people without moving the Navy around, the situation in HK is a bridge to far with me and heavily concerning.

All you need is a rogue state to fire off a random missile and until people work out whats going on retaliation starts.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 23-07-2020, 07:35 AM   #132
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I agree it is not good, Trump is undoing diplomacy at an alarming rate.

You can politically disagree with people without moving the Navy around, the situation in HK is a bridge to far with me and heavily concerning.

All you need is a rogue state to fire off a random missile and until people work out whats going on retaliation starts.
I don't think it'll be a missile, because that will be a clear indication of who instigated it. Neither the US nor China can afford to look like they started it. It'll be something stupid like two carriers accidentally colliding in the scs. Then escalate from there.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 23-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #133
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

China consulate in Houston burning documents...

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...20-7?r=US&IR=T

What are the Chinese wanting to hide??
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2020, 11:10 AM   #134
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty standard practice whenever a consulate(of any nation) is to be closed. Shred & burn all the paperwork that contains sensitive info.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2020, 11:15 AM   #135
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well if I was asked to leave my office indefinitely id probably do the same, but its not a good look because what nufty keeps anything dangerous printed and filed as a hard copy?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 23-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #136
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a lot to be said for having a paper copy locked away in a consulate - rather than an electronic copy stored in what you think is an unhackable system...
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #137
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Fair point, both have there pro's and con's
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 23-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #138
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
There's a lot to be said for having a paper copy locked away in a consulate - rather than an electronic copy stored in what you think is an unhackable system...
I think the chinese would know that better than anyone else, considering the amount of state sponsored hacking they do.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-07-2020, 06:40 PM   #139
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:

(IMHO).
so you think trump is playing political war games, i don,t think so, trump is a patriot. and all those us battle ships in the s, china sea aren't on a pleasure cruise.

""Commercial and personal" gain is hardly enough to start a war over?"" there is so,so much more to it. and you know it. you read like ccp propagandist.

personally , i no issue with getting right in their ccp faces.

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 23-07-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2020, 11:55 PM   #140
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
China consulate in Houston burning documents...

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...20-7?r=US&IR=T

What are the Chinese wanting to hide??
Standard operating procedure. Burn bags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_bag

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 24-07-2020, 07:14 AM   #141
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
so you think trump is playing political war games, i don,t think so, trump is a patriot. and all those us battle ships in the s, china sea aren't on a pleasure cruise.

""Commercial and personal" gain is hardly enough to start a war over?"" there is so,so much more to it. and you know it. you read like ccp propagandist.

You will be the first to enlist then, awesome.

I agree with CCP need some checking, but, who is to say the US isnt the same?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2020, 08:07 AM   #142
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post

I'm relying on my 50c to survive.

"Commercial and personal gains" was quoted from a local paper. If you know more feel free to share.

Every single head of state will tell you they are patriots, including those in the 40s. So whats your point? Does a patriot make up false injury to dodge their military duties? Or ignore bounties on their service men and women because of commercial interests? Or are these fake news and propaganda?

Of course it's a political war game. The same game he accused Obama of playing when Obama was down in the dumps on the poll. Did you forget that?

I wonder if people would question motives a bit deeper if the war was going to be played on their doorstep instead of somebody else's.

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #143
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And in case you think an accidental collision is too far fetched.... right on cue..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ose-Syria.html

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-07-2020, 12:22 PM   #144
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Take this with a grain of salt, but sounds plausible

[/url]
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #145
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Chuck them all out I reckon.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #146
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If that's true then shut them all down.

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-07-2020, 02:19 PM   #147
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Is it starting to dawn on you yet?

The CCP will stop at nothing to get what they want. The China 2050 plan is not just a thought bubble, it's a plan for global domination.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #148
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
If that is true I have a bridge I can sell you!
Old 24-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #149
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Is it starting to dawn on you yet?

The CCP will stop at nothing to get what they want. The China 2050 plan is not just a thought bubble, it's a plan for global domination.
You seriously think they want to invade and take over the whole world by 2050? I can believe they want influence......who doesn't?

Actually so far Pompeo have said it's due to spying and IP theft, nothing about subversion. These activities are not new, and happens with other goverments. Snowden leaks revealed that 50% of US consular staff working in HK are employed by the CIA. So whats new? Reality is that dealing with spies is part of doing business. We do it too. It's called ASIO. The problem with the chinese is there is no name for them!

But subversion would deserve eviction.

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #150
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow five 7 that's amazing if true