Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #631
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The original intention was that the R-Spec upgrades would become standard across the GT
which means the 275s on the back, picking the correct rubber makes a big change
Has anyone tried Pirellis P Zeros on the GT, I hear they stick like glue..
I have 275 Sport max Dunlops on the back of my 335, as used on the RSpec. The difference between them and the original 245 Dunlop 9000's is staggering. It's gone from being twitchy and being unable to use more than 1/3 to 1/2 throttle in the lower gears, it would light up tyres at 80+ kmph if you stood on it. To being more like a normal car. There has been no other changes to the car. So wider better quality rubber works. Is anyone surprised?
Old 22-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #632
boz

Personally I think the new Gts looks like crap I don't like the look of it at all.
To me Hsv's look more like a boy racers car . Where as the GT has very nice clean lines.

Also not everybody is for more tech and drivers aids most people that can drive just turn them off anyway ( thats if you can otherwise they become a real pain in the bum) To me more tech just means more weight more gremlins & things to go wrong and the holden's have had major electrical probs in the past ,You know things are not going to go well when you move out to overtake put your foot to the floor and you have no acceleration ( this happened to two people i know who have since sold their ve Hsv's)

Why is it that most of you so called Ford guys ( that probably spend more time on another Ls forum and are thinking its time to beat their chest on here ) are getting so excited about a car that has not even been released yet ?

I don't know how accurate this formula is but if 320 rwkw (which is what a lot of GT's put out in standard form) equals 430 rwhp and rear wheel horse power equals 430 fly wheel kilowatts that to me says that the gts is only going to have what we have now !!! And we all know how easy it is to extract the extra power from the Miami , so ford have a lot up their sleeve as far as power is concerned . If you have problems with practicing throttle control put wider rims and tyres on and or some nice sticky rubber.

Now come on guys this is a Ford Forum support the guys in blue for it was FPV that gave us the first truly AFFORDABLE and very quick supercharged V8 in AUS that is Australia's fastest ever production car to date.

Pfffft 100 - 110 grand for a holdung with that money you could buy a real super car - used GTR r35 - http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...2010-14723185?

Disclaimer. Sorry if this post offends Holdung fan boys but it should be closed to keep our forums in good taste ( if it aint blue its poo )
Old 22-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #633
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by boz View Post
Personally I think the new Gts looks like crap I don't like the look of it at all.
To me Hsv's look more like a boy racers car . Where as the GT has very nice clean lines.

Also not everybody is for more tech and drivers aids most people that can drive just turn them off anyway ( thats if you can otherwise they become a real pain in the bum) To me more tech just means more weight more gremlins & things to go wrong and the holden's have had major electrical probs in the past ,You know things are not going to go well when you move out to overtake put your foot to the floor and you have no acceleration ( this happened to two people i know who have since sold their ve Hsv's)

Why is it that most of you so called Ford guys ( that probably spend more time on another Ls forum and are thinking its time to beat their chest on here ) are getting so excited about a car that has not even been released yet ?

I don't know how accurate this formula is but if 320 rwkw (which is what a lot of GT's put out in standard form) equals 430 rwhp and rear wheel horse power equals 430 fly wheel kilowatts that to me says that the gts is only going to have what we have now !!! And we all know how easy it is to extract the extra power from the Miami , so ford have a lot up their sleeve as far as power is concerned . If you have problems with practicing throttle control put wider rims and tyres on and or some nice sticky rubber.

Now come on guys this is a Ford Forum support the guys in blue for it was FPV that gave us the first truly AFFORDABLE and very quick supercharged V8 in AUS that is Australia's fastest ever production car to date.

Pfffft 100 - 110 grand for a holdung with that money you could buy a real super car - used GTR r35 - http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...2010-14723185?

Disclaimer. Sorry if this post offends Holdung fan boys but it should be closed to keep our forums in good taste ( if it aint blue its poo )
i liked the post very motivational .
This user likes this post:
Old 22-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #634
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boz View Post

Best post so far.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
Old 22-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #635
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't understand, why did hsv release models that have 317kw, 325kw and 340kw all from the same engine? And why did the luxobarges get more power than a clubsport r8? bit stupid if you ask me.
Old 22-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #636
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

enough.

Until these things are actually available and have been tested I think all that needs to be said has been said.

closed.
Closed Thread