Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Default NL Fairlane ghia motor

I am curious to find out what 4.0L was factory fitted to NL fairlane ghias? I have purchase a complete motor from one but they originally said it was a tickford but I have just been told that they now think its a non tickford due to the grey tappet cover. They havent checked the front of the head but I am not to fussed but now curious to know what they are meant to have.

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NL Fairlane ghia motor

Just the standard 4.0, unless its a Concorde which had the Tickford 4.0.

Whats interesting is that some sites on the net list the Tickford motor as being fitted to the NL. Perhaps that is why they thought it was.

Does it have a T on the front of the head?
SLO247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Default Re: NL Fairlane ghia motor

They havent taken the belt cover off to confirm but believe that there is no T cast on the head. I think with the combination of free extractors and a cam upgrade it should work out better then the stock tickford motor anyways

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post