Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-10-2022, 12:56 PM   #301
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Global New Ranger Raptor reveal

Maxx Performance have one on the dyno, 22kms on the clock straight from the dealership. Stock runs, then tune and mods. Going to be really interesting to see how far people are going to push these power wise.

With the Explorer ST having a range of mods available for it already, there is stuff to work with.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #302
Gumboot

Stock V6 Next Gen Ranger Raptor , on the HUB dyno above

Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #303
Gumboot

Small update of above. Best stock run of the next gen raptor at Maxx Perormance turned out to be 267kw at the hubs.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #304
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
Small update of above. Best stock run of the next gen raptor at Maxx Perormance turned out to be 267kw at the hubs.
Picked up a heap of power after taking the heavy wheels off and putting it on the hub dyno.

Wheel tyre assemblies are about 45kg each, so the engine is turning 180kg of rotational mass just to get it moving. Pretty amazing it still does 0-100 in mid 5's.

A Falcon has wheels that are about 25kg, and it's only turning 2 of them for a combined mass of 50kg being powered by the engine, for example.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2022, 09:01 PM   #305
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

45kg? Holy crap. Is that the beadlock ones? Because they are 5kg heavier than the standard wheels.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2022, 09:36 PM   #306
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

251.1kw on the Herrod hub dyno.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2022, 10:55 PM   #307
vixf6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post
Feb 22nd for me.

Getting very impatient
Do you have a delivery date at all? Interested in what you think of it.

We just booked a Conquer Grey, 10 months

300kw v6 well if its anything like the F6 I had, well let the fun times begin- in 10 months.
It seems to have some “stay on boost” feature when you get off the gas so no lag in Baja mode how do they make that work?
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2022, 09:59 AM   #308
nibble

Quarter mile run. Not bad !!

nibble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2022, 10:04 AM   #309
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibble View Post
Quarter mile run. Not bad !!

[YT]piYLlBn2_To[/YT
Well he's screwed if he has any warranty claims
Old 13-10-2022, 12:02 PM   #310
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
45kg? Holy crap. Is that the beadlock ones? Because they are 5kg heavier than the standard wheels.
The one on the dyno had the beadlock wheels.
Old 13-10-2022, 12:04 PM   #311
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post

300kw v6 well if its anything like the F6 I had, well let the fun times begin- in 10 months.
It seems to have some “stay on boost” feature when you get off the gas so no lag in Baja mode how do they make that work?
An anti-lag system for turbocharged vehicles helps to reduce the amount of time it takes for the turbos to deliver boost. There are several different approaches out there as far as what these systems look like and how they function. That said, every anti-lag system requires some form of air bypass. The 3.0-liter’s anti-lag set-up utilizes a throttle bypass in particular, adopting the patented technology that Ford previously employed on its GT race cars. According to Morgan in an interview with R&T, this system works by cracking the electric throttle open when a driver’s foot isn’t on the pedal, allowing enough air through to keep the compressors spinning. With the turbos already moving at a high rate of speed, the time to boost is greatly reduced once you get back on the gas pedal. Unlike other systems that utilize spark and excess fuel to keep everything motivated, the Bronco Raptor’s injectors stay idled during the process. This provides benefits in terms of thermal management, which is always important for a vehicle destined for desert exploration. It also brings benefits for the longevity of the turbos, and the engine as a whole.

Bronco Raptor has the same engine.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-10-2022, 01:02 AM   #312
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post

I pick it up Monday arvo
Old 15-10-2022, 11:55 PM   #313
vixf6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
An anti-lag system for turbocharged vehicles helps to reduce the amount of time it takes for the turbos to deliver boost. There are several different approaches out there as far as what these systems look like and how they function. That said, every anti-lag system requires some form of air bypass. The 3.0-liter’s anti-lag set-up utilizes a throttle bypass in particular, adopting the patented technology that Ford previously employed on its GT race cars. According to Morgan in an interview with R&T, this system works by cracking the electric throttle open when a driver’s foot isn’t on the pedal, allowing enough air through to keep the compressors spinning. With the turbos already moving at a high rate of speed, the time to boost is greatly reduced once you get back on the gas pedal. Unlike other systems that utilize spark and excess fuel to keep everything motivated, the Bronco Raptor’s injectors stay idled during the process. This provides benefits in terms of thermal management, which is always important for a vehicle destined for desert exploration. It also brings benefits for the longevity of the turbos, and the engine as a whole.

Bronco Raptor has the same engine.
Thanks great info, you guys have all the answers.
Only hope this is a durable engine like the mighty Barra, and the 10 speed can take this HP for many years like the amazing ZF.
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2022, 11:04 AM   #314
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

It also says something where a TTV6 petrol engined Ute is desirable where Hilux v6 petrol crashed and burned years ago. It just goes to show that right product timing is essential and while many wanted a V8, the 3.0 EBV6 is the perfect alternative. Perfect timing with petrol now significantly cheaper than diesel, RR owners finally getting a break…..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2022, 12:27 PM   #315
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
It also says something where a TTV6 petrol engined Ute is desirable where Hilux v6 petrol crashed and burned years ago. It just goes to show that right product timing is essential and while many wanted a V8, the 3.0 EBV6 is the perfect alternative. Perfect timing with petrol now significantly cheaper than diesel, RR owners finally getting a break…..
I remember back in 2008 (or thereabouts) when Toyota tried the whole "fast dual cab" thing with the TRD Hilux. Supercharged 4 litre V6 -225kw. They sold in tiny numbers, and where discontinued very quickly... Wrong car, wrong time.. Fast forward to now, Ford cant keep up with demand for the Raptor (which is, at least in part, the modern version of the TRD Hilux).

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2022, 01:30 PM   #316
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
I remember back in 2008 (or thereabouts) when Toyota tried the whole "fast dual cab" thing with the TRD Hilux. Supercharged 4 litre V6 -225kw. They sold in tiny numbers, and where discontinued very quickly... Wrong car, wrong time.. Fast forward to now, Ford cant keep up with demand for the Raptor (which is, at least in part, the modern version of the TRD Hilux).
But did the TRD have just an engine and a few plastic addons? The Raptor is a different beast and the marketing has been about that, offroad capability + hanging on the coat tails of the F150 Raptor.
Old 16-10-2022, 02:21 PM   #317
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
But did the TRD have just an engine and a few plastic addons? The Raptor is a different beast and the marketing has been about that, offroad capability + hanging on the coat tails of the F150 Raptor.
The point is that Toyota just couldn’t spark enough interest in the SC Hilux TRD back in 2008,
the near $65,000 price back then clearly was too much for buyers regardless of whether
the vehicle was deficient in the eyes of buyers. In the ensuing years, Ford and Toyota have done
a massive job of inflating Hilux and Ranger from affordable SC work trucks to desirable dual cabs.

Toyota is now scrambling to bring forth its own TT V6 Hilux but is that what Hilux buyers want?
Is Toyota about to discover that the Ranger Raptor is a vehicle formula that’s exclusive to Ford?
Old 16-10-2022, 09:59 PM   #318
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
The TRD Treatment was the Engine, exterior look, interior as well as the suspension and brakes, not to make it better off road, but a better handler on road. Another take on the Raptor idea of taking a pedestrian ute, and making it perform alot better from factory. Not in the same way, but the same basic idea.

My commentary was more on the whole time and place, and how Ford read the market, and gave us what we wanted (especially in new gen with an ACTUAL performance engine) whereas Toyota, well, they didnt. They gave the market something that noone had asked for, nor really wanted. If they did similary today, they would sell out...

Old 17-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #319
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still laugh every time I read Toyota TRD....surely someone, somewhere in the Toyota empire must have realised .....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2022, 02:21 PM   #320
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I still laugh every time I read Toyota TRD....surely someone, somewhere in the Toyota empire must have realised .....
Like ATM Machine... Triggers me every time...

Old 17-10-2022, 06:48 PM   #321
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
They saved money by using one less letter?

But seriously, yes someone probably did but we’re too afraid to derail the whole thing.
A bit like Honda Prelude, sounds ok to us but in California it was a popular feminine douche…

One thing Ford learned years ago is that if you’re pressing “Built Ford Tough”,
then give your vehicles tough iconic names and buyers will do the rest.
Old 18-10-2022, 09:38 AM   #322
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

MY2023.50 comes with the option of a powered roller shutter and a drop in plastic tub liner.
There is also a modest price increase.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2022, 10:02 AM   #323
Gumboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
MY2023.50 comes with the option of a powered roller shutter and a drop in plastic tub liner.
There is also a modest price increase.
When does that take effect?
How much is the increase?
Does it apply to people that delivery’s were meant to be 2022 but have pushed out to 2023 due to ford issues?
Old 18-10-2022, 10:05 AM   #324
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be fair the TRD came out when you could buy any number of performance sedans, the rev head demographic has been waiting for an affordable performance vehicle for years and now it's here they'll sell like hotcakes, same would be true for an Everest Raptor
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2022, 10:24 AM   #325
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
When does that take effect?
How much is the increase?
Does it apply to people that delivery’s were meant to be 2022 but have pushed out to 2023 due to ford issues?

It’s from March 2023 production.
$1300 is the price increase over MY22.
Powered roller shutter is $3500.
If you’ve signed a contract most dealers will honor that pricing.
Roller shutter production will be limited at the start but quickly ramp up in a few months.
Old 18-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #326
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Roller shutter production will be limited at the start but quickly ramp up in a few months.

Price protection would only apply if you are getting a MY22 model. If your order isn’t yet allocated and is rolled into a MY2023.50 there is no price protection.
Old 18-10-2022, 10:53 AM   #327
vbomber

Quote:
Ah interesting rumors on Facebook suggested information would be out soon regarding the my23 models see what the other models get
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2022, 12:14 PM   #328
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There’s no other changes to the Raptor apart from the optional powered roller shutter.
Old 19-10-2022, 07:42 PM   #329
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Here’s mine..

Done 700kms already but the real test is the trip back to Karratha tomorrow with it. Very much looking forward to the drive!
Old 19-10-2022, 07:49 PM   #330
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post
Here’s mine..

Done 700kms already but the real test is the trip back to Karratha tomorrow with it. Very much looking forward to the drive!
We have twins. How good are they to drive. Have you been playing around with the different exhaust, suspension and steering settings?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post