Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #211
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Global New Ranger Raptor reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibble View Post
0-100 times are impressive !

Sub 6 seconds is Faster than a BA GT! Thats some good numbers and the 60-110 of 4 seconds is much better than the 8-9 seconds of the Everest (and that was 80-110).
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2022, 06:20 PM   #212
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Well mines getting closer. It has been assigned to the Athens Highway vessel. If it is on this load then it is currently off the coast at Cairns.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-09-2022, 06:21 PM   #213
Gumboot

I thought it would be 6.5 -6.9 seconds for 0-100 with all that weight.

But wow 5.73 is super quick.Wonder how the other publications times will stack up
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2022, 06:34 PM   #214
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't resist.....And there's no Holden competitor with a warmed over engine just for the press fleet that gets equal times to HSV models and no-one blinks an eye....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2022, 06:36 PM   #215
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Well mines getting closer. It has been assigned to the Athens Highway vessel. If it is on this load then it is currently off the coast at Cairns.
If you know your VIN you could be able to check the shipping line's site and confirm if its on board. I was able to do that for the Escape I had on order.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:16 PM   #216
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
If you know your VIN you could be able to check the shipping line's site and confirm if its on board. I was able to do that for the Escape I had on order.
How do I do that? The ship is the Athens Highway.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #217
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

What a beast, the Thailand Special has come of age!

Super Thailand Special!

Fuel tank at 80L seems a bit small though, kinda reminds me of my 351C powered F100 with a 60L fuel tank - should be 150-200L

Because of the factory fitment size tyres, wonder how you'd go getting decent quality highway rubber in that size to put that power down on the road nicely.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2022, 06:29 PM   #218
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

0-100 with the beadlock wheels is about half a second slower. (each wheel is 4kg heavier)
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2022, 01:10 PM   #219
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
How do I do that? The ship is the Athens Highway.
In my case a poster in the Escape forum found out the shipping line used for transporting out of Spain.
I had my vin from the dealer and so went to the shipping line's site and was able to find the various ships being used and then searched by VIN their manifests which luckily on the second ship I search showed the Escape was on board. Bare in mind this was for euro transporters.

I would start by finding the shipping line that owns or manages Athens Highway and see if they have a public way of VIN searching for this particular ship.
Might not be as "open" compared to the Euro ships.

I found this on a very quick look..
https://www.balticshipping.com/vessel/imo/9443073
This led me to:
https://krbsgroup.com/krbswebsite/

Unfortunately i couldn't find a way of accessing any VIN searches etc.. the way I could for the Hoegh Line which ships for Ford out of Europe and had greater public access of VIN searching back when I had an Escape on order.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #220
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In my case a poster in the Escape forum found out the shipping line used for transporting out of Spain.
I had my vin from the dealer and so went to the shipping line's site and was able to find the various ships being used and then searched by VIN their manifests which luckily on the second ship I search showed the Escape was on board. Bare in mind this was for euro transporters.

I would start by finding the shipping line that owns or manages Athens Highway and see if they have a public way of VIN searching for this particular ship.

This led me to:

Unfortunately i couldn't find a way of accessing any VIN searches etc.. the way I could for the Hoegh Line which ships for Ford out of Europe and had greater public access of VIN searching back when I had an Escape on order.
Most car carrier shipping companies use the vehicles VIN as the "Marks and Numbers" for the Bill of Lading, so for those lines that don't have VIN search option, may be able to search by marks and numbers. If so, put the VIN in that field and will more than likely show up...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2022, 05:00 PM   #221
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
What a beast, the Thailand Special has come of age!

Super Thailand Special!

Fuel tank at 80L seems a bit small though, kinda reminds me of my 351C powered F100 with a 60L fuel tank - should be 150-200L

Because of the factory fitment size tyres, wonder how you'd go getting decent quality highway rubber in that size to put that power down on the road nicely.
Brown Davis are developing a long range tank for the Raptor thankfully
Old 11-09-2022, 06:58 PM   #222
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post
Brown Davis are developing a long range tank for the Raptor thankfully
Feels like a missed opportunity for a factory option you could tick - they've come so far working in with the aftermarket like ARB to this point with the new Ranger, but they've left out this one.

There was issues around the previous generation Ranger and aftermarket long range fuel tanks causing dramas with the DTE calculations, if Ford was involved in it they could have a programming option they could tick on the scan tool to calibrate fuel gauge and DTE calculations for either size tank for example.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2022, 07:14 PM   #223
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

You could change the programming at home for fuel tank size for the PXII onwards with Forscan. Which meant accurate DTE readings with long range tanks. I've done 4 in town here after ARB and Ford said it couldn't be done.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:55 PM   #224
vbomber

Quote:
Feels like a missed opportunity for a factory option you could tick - they've come so far working in with the aftermarket like ARB to this point with the new Ranger, but they've left out this one.

There was issues around the previous generation Ranger and aftermarket long range fuel tanks causing dramas with the DTE calculations, if Ford was involved in it they could have a programming option they could tick on the scan tool to calibrate fuel gauge and DTE calculations for either size tank for example.
Ford are doing that now with the ARB tanks, ARB fit and then taken to ford for recalibration
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2022, 12:06 AM   #225
Gumboot

Update. I ordered a Raptor in May. My Raptor was initially due in November, then was pushed out to December. Heard from Ford Aus today, that with delays it will now be a Jan 2023 build with delivery in February 2023.
On the positive side, I get a 2023 model..

Last edited by Gumboot; 13-09-2022 at 12:17 AM.
Old 13-09-2022, 02:22 PM   #226
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

I think it's more of a case of it being harder for a factory fitment, with the dual exhaust and bigger spare, plus the watts linkage rear end, meaning there really isn't much room back there. Put one up on a hoist and it all makes sense.

An aftermarket company won't have some of the constraints Ford does.

Either that, or Ford ran the numbers on Raptor sales vs potential long range tank sales and figured it wasn't worth it from a cost perspective.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2022, 05:58 PM   #227
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crash testing with a 150L+ tank would be the issue.

Prado wouldn't pass rear crash test in the US with the secondary tank.
(their FJ Cruiser only had one tank too)
Not sure I'd own one without the protection of the tow bar.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2022, 02:20 PM   #228
Gumboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I think it's more of a case of it being harder for a factory fitment, with the dual exhaust and bigger spare, plus the watts linkage rear end, meaning there really isn't much room back there. Put one up on a hoist and it all makes sense.

An aftermarket company won't have some of the constraints Ford does.

Either that, or Ford ran the numbers on Raptor sales vs potential long range tank sales and figured it wasn't worth it from a cost perspective.

And if Ford did it OEM, Where would they put the large spare wheel.
I guess it will be left to the aftermarket industry.
Old 14-09-2022, 02:52 PM   #229
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Aftermarket is the best way with fuel tanks, Hilux has a 142 litre drive in drive out changeover option,
I don’t see why Ranger couldn’t have similar, especially if they can cover petrol and diesel.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2022, 10:18 PM   #230
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:

This led me to:

I couldn't work out how to search the shipping site but it looks like it's on the ship at the moment (which is currently moored in Brisbane) as the CEVA website has it booked to pickup on the 19th from Port Kembla.
Old 15-09-2022, 01:55 PM   #231
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Aftermarket is the best way with fuel tanks, Hilux has a 142 litre drive in drive out changeover option,
I don’t see why Ranger couldn’t have similar, especially if they can cover petrol and diesel.
Problem with Everest is that the Payload wasn't much in the previous model and if you added another 50kgs of fuel (plus tank weight), it hurt payload a bit. New one seems to have more so should be good.

Ranger will have a 140 litre option coming soon apparently.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2022, 10:54 PM   #232
vbomber

Customer deliveries started today, Paul Maric from carexpert got his so hopefully plenty of content coming soon
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2022, 09:33 AM   #233
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Problem with Everest is that the Payload wasn't much in the previous model and if you added another 50kgs of fuel (plus tank weight), it hurt payload a bit. New one seems to have more so should be good.

Ranger will have a 140 litre option coming soon apparently.
While new Everest payload is listed at 741 kg, SUVs are a pain when it comes to calculating legal towing with passengers, adding another 50 Kg weight doesn’t help especially when Jerry cans can be stored in the trailer.

Most people who tow this way, find it better to stick all luggage in the trailer to leave enough payload for 10% to all weight (~300kg) and about 350 kg for driver and four passengers. Then comes the fun of ensuring combined vehicle and trailer weight does not exceed the maximum 6250 kg.

It can be done but the thing to remember is that this is no Landcruiser and the limits on GVW Aand GCW are a lot lower /tighter for anyone planing an expedition that requires maximum loading..
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #234
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber View Post
Customer deliveries started today, Paul Maric from carexpert got his so hopefully plenty of content coming soon
Excellent, Paul normally does a good impartial review but also not afraid to call out areas that could be improved.

While all this restricted supply is frustrating, imagine Ford’s situation, here now they have the best ever Ranger and Everest and yet are confounded by constricted supply, how they must be wishing they could be delivering thousands more, they are literally money in the bank. More than anything, that restricted supply is the reason why Ford cannot discuss more variations as it struggles to fill orders for the most popular versions.
Old 17-09-2022, 09:46 AM   #235
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
While new Everest payload is listed at 741 kg, SUVs are a pain when it comes to calculating legal towing ......

.....Then comes the fun of ensuring combined vehicle and trailer weight does not exceed the maximum 6250 kg.

It can be done but the thing to remember is that this is no Landcruiser and the limits on GVW Aand GCW are a lot lower /tighter for anyone planing an expedition that requires maximum loading..
Landcruiser is hardly any better:
300 series
GCM 6750kg
GVM 3280kg

Trailer 3000kg (arbitrary #, max is 3500kg)
Tare 2630 kg, then add 10% downforce of towbar:
300 kg
= 5930 kg, taken from 6750kg, leaves

820kg for payload (fuel, passengers at 80kg each, bull bars, any cargo.) doesn't leave much overhead (and it has the same single lift rear cargo door now),

Of course if you go to max 3500kg, with another 50kg of downforce, its even closer...

Last edited by 383hq; 17-09-2022 at 10:01 AM.
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2022, 10:00 AM   #236
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
Landcruiser is hardly any better:
300 series
GCM 6750kg
GVM 3280kg

Trailer 3000kg (arbitrary #, max is 3500kg)
Tare 2630 kg, then add 10% downforce of towbar:
300 kg
= 6040 kg, taken from 6750kg, leaves

820kg for payload (fuel, passengers at 80kg each, bull bars, any cargo.) doesn't leave much overhead (and it has the same single lift rear cargo door now),

Of course if you go to max 3500kg, with another 50kg of downforce, its even closer...
At least you have some breathing space with a Landcruiser when people try to max out everything.

Doing the same thing when you have less GVM and GCW with say, the Everest means all luggage
and fuel must go in the trailer as trailer downforce and five up mean you’re at near max GVM.
Take the 300 kg trailer down force off the 741 kg payload and you have 441 kg for occupants and fuel.

Last edited by jpd80; 17-09-2022 at 10:08 AM.
Old 17-09-2022, 10:05 AM   #237
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think when Mr plod starts weighing the grey nomads, it'll drive demand for GVM increase

eitherway, 741 v 770kg at maximum's ain't a big difference from what I've seen, Maybe the stocked Engel is moved from the car.

(PS I mis calculated - hopefully I've corrected it now I've had a coffee)
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2022, 10:11 AM   #238
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
I think when Mr plod starts weighing the grey nomads, it'll drive demand for GVM increase

eitherway, 741 v 770kg at maximum's ain't a big difference from what I've seen, Maybe the stocked Engel is moved from the car.

(PS I mis calculated - hopefully I've corrected it now I've had a coffee)
You assumed deduction on GCM but the downforce comes of payload /GCM side,
if I’m right on that, Everest and Landcruiser 300 are not much different = your point
I’m surprised that transport departments aren’t already checking all these
caravans, it seems very easy to become overloaded without realising it.
Old 17-09-2022, 10:37 AM   #239
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
You assumed deduction on GCM but the downforce comes of payload /GCM side,
if I’m right on that, Everest and Landcruiser 300 are not much different = your point
I’m surprised that transport departments aren’t already checking all these caravans, it seems very easy to become overloaded without realising it.
Not keeping up are we?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-...ance/101130762

https://www.drive.com.au/news/police...re-overweight/
Old 17-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #240
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really, you’re gonna throw up a 20 second google search as proof of commitment?

Those were blitzes carried out over a short period, not an ongoing commitment,
the fact that 90% of those checked were overweight shows widespread non-conformance.
If this had been policed for say, the past five years, a lot of this could have been avoided.

What people don’t understand is catching people in remote situations means off loading
excess weight before continuing, what things do people need to leave behind?
Thinking when it’s grandma and grandpa by the side of the road, it must be distressing for them

Last edited by jpd80; 17-09-2022 at 11:48 AM.