Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #91
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: International Olympic Committee considering Transgender athletes to be allowed to compete with other

CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #92
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: International Olympic Committee considering Transgender athletes to be allowed to compete with other

I was walking through my local K-Mart yesterday. There was a recorded announcement over the PA. Words to the effect of:

"Here at K-mart we respect and tolerate all no matter what race, religion, gender and sexuality. blah blah blah."

Something like that.

Shouldn't that be a given? It's a bit like another shop announcing that they respect and tolerate all people of dark skin and they can shop without fear of being forced into the slave trade??

I generally don't pay much attention to what they say but when I started hearing that stuff I tried to catch it the next time...

Last time I was there the announcement was about not letting kids stand up or ride in the trolley.

How things change....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2019, 10:57 PM   #93
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I was walking through my local K-Mart yesterday. There was a recorded announcement over the PA. Words to the effect of:

"Here at K-mart we respect and tolerate all no matter what race, religion, gender and sexuality. blah blah blah."

Something like that.

Shouldn't that be a given? It's a bit like another shop announcing that they respect and tolerate all people of dark skin and they can shop without fear of being forced into the slave trade??

I generally don't pay much attention to what they say but when I started hearing that stuff I tried to catch it the next time...

Last time I was there the announcement was about not letting kids stand up or ride in the trolley.

How things change....
Nothing worse than virtue signalling companies. Just sell me crap quality home decorations and cheap clothes and shut up with all the pointless words that do nothing but show you pretend to care
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #94
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickford View Post
You mean like this bloke HERE??

The 2019 Women's AFL draft is on next month (Oct 22).
I like the look on the woman's face in 44
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #95
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Something like that.

How things change....
They have to do this out of fear, reinforcing a message like kids may fall out of the trolley and then try to sue if they can, especially with the no win no fee helps in making millions of claims against such places so they have to record such a message to warn such idiots. it's the same with the so called race card message because their are just so many morons out their who will play their cards to get a quick buck, not only do such company's have to deal with morons stealing it's also all the rest like such cunning dogs having a go at diddling you if they can.

It's a way of life for some now, because of Political Correctness has taken hold of a nation under control of degenerates, not to mention that there is nothing truly correct about anything Political in fact, as such is just a vehicle for desire or craving request lust act that's truly at hand that is being worshiped or idolised in fact.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #96
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Nothing worse than virtue signalling companies. Just sell me crap quality home decorations and cheap clothes and shut up with all the pointless words that do nothing but show you pretend to care
Do you blame them.
Look at the back lash any company big or small faces if they dare to offend those who are always looking to take offence on someone else’s behalf.
Social media is an effective way for this vocal petulant unreasonable minority to express their outrage in an attempt for the general population to feel guilt and tow their line.
Have Alan’s Jones’ sponsors come crawling back after boycotting his show following social media back lash from a small minority of limp wristed woke SJW when he metaphorically told the Aus PM what to do with that near on retarded incompetent air head from NZ...
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #97
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Overall, appreciate and care for all other people - or try to given the way interactions can become. And appreciate and care for nature as well. We are all souls and all connected.

In sport - I actually reckon go for it, with no restrictions. Have Trans athletes in their gender choice for all sport. The results will be carnage (and it will be the dedicated female athletes who will pay for it). A lot of televised commercial sport now includes a heap of virtue signalling and social programming, so the sooner the masses turn off from it, the sooner they lose the circuses of "bread and circuses" and people might just start researching the really important stuff, like the ability to print currency out of thin air. We can live in hope.

https://twitter.com/emptyseatspics?lang=en

Superyob, you are spot on too. You've looked into the history of this. Where it wants to go is not pretty.

On the ability to identify as who you wish:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...ify-as-objects

"...further expressing their contempt that a movement focused on protecting oppressed groups "has been co-opted by people who believe they are dragons.""

and the response

https://www.reddit.com/r/OtherkinHate/

Last edited by Sprintey; 08-09-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #98
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Do you blame them.
Look at the back lash any company big or small faces if they dare to offend those who are always looking to take offence on someone else’s behalf.
Social media is an effective way for this vocal petulant unreasonable minority to express their outrage in an attempt for the general population to feel guilt and tow their line.
Have Alan’s Jones’ sponsors come crawling back after boycotting his show following social media back lash from a small minority of limp wristed woke SJW when he metaphorically told the Aus PM what to do with that near on retarded incompetent air head from NZ...
Oh I know if a company or an individual says the wrong thing they will get hounded on social media and their sponsor will react, but why does KMart or any company for that matter feel the need to randomly say they respect everyone over the loud speaker or in a TV commercial. I would hope they treat all their customers equally. They haven't done anything that shows they are racist or sexist or whatever else so why would I think they are.

I know it's cliché but random statements over loudspeakers out of the blue reminds me of the novel 1984.
When I hear stuff like that I feel like it's not genuine. There's no emotion behind it, it's like they're a robot that has been programmed what to say because that's what's expected.

On a personal level it's like going on a date and starting with "Hey, just so you know I respect women's rights" or meeting someone from a different race to your own and saying "Nice to meet you, I'm not racist just so you know"
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post