Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
white_XR8

Cool Au Xr8 Engine Cover Fit in EL engine

Would an Au xr8 Engine cover fit onto a EL XR8 engine? What kidna of cutting and manipulation be needed to make it happen, does anyone Know of anyone that has done this before ?

white_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #2
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

It will fit, but you need to find a new mounting point up the top of the engine, as there is a plate that says 5.0L on the top of the intake where the four allen key bolt usually go..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
white_XR8

Will it fit straight on? Is there any cutting involved ?
white_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

i THINK the bottom 2 holes line up with the cover. There could also be issues involved with the top part of the cover hitting the EGR stuff, as AU's didn't have it.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Could be alot of messing around, but the result would make it worthwhile. The E-series 'BBQ Plate' engine covers are pretty craptastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I've got one here, doubt it'll clear the EGR. You'll need different brackets up the front.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

The AU one mounts to the manifold differently, and the AU one won't clear the E-Series dizzy and coil, as well as all the other reasons above.

Engine covers are for poofs btw :P

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Last edited by Aaron_EF8; 09-10-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Ah coil, that's why mine doesn't want to fit properly. Meh.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #9
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Could be alot of messing around, but the result would make it worthwhile. The E-series 'BBQ Plate' engine covers are pretty craptastic.
yeah theyre damn ugly arnt they, anyone ever seen a painted cover or a custom one, that looks better than the stock one?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_Lightning
yeah theyre damn ugly arnt they, anyone ever seen a painted cover or a custom one, that looks better than the stock one?
not as ugly as the engine underneath it! even a plastic bag over that engine helps with asthetics.
there are heaps of painted/chromed/chopped covers around. some look good (if done well, and not painted weird colours)
Old 09-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #11
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
not as ugly as the engine underneath it! even a plastic bag over that engine helps with asthetics.
there are heaps of painted/chromed/chopped covers around. some look good (if done well, and not painted weird colours)
yeah your right, taking the top covers off the engine isnt much of an improvement
Old 12-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Bump bump bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
The AU one mounts to the manifold differently, and the AU one won't clear the E-Series dizzy and coil, as well as all the other reasons above.
Are you talking about with the HO manifolds? I test fitted mine today now the clutch fan shroud is gone and it seems to clear the dizzy on coil fine. The coil bracket will need a bit of modifying for a perfect fit, but it fits.

Well, it fouls on the thermo fans, but a bit of hacky hacky will fix that. And I didn't have a snorkle on.
Old 30-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #13
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Au Xr8 Engine Cover Fit in EL engine

My EB XR8 is missing the engine cover I'm thinking of getting an engine plate off a AU 5litre and just replacing the engine plate, my question is is it a straight swap will it all line up , ive seen on ebay plain plates which look ok but I prefer the AU because of the 5 litre printed on the plate
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post