Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default EA, EB, ED Chrome door molds

Just incase anyone was wondering or wanted something effective but cheap to do this week on the car. I see a lot of threads in the AFF history and in facebook groups about the door and bumper strips.

You can get "19mm adhesive pinstripe tape vinyl" off ebay for about $18 a roll and it works great on Fairmonts or anything else with chrome door mold strips. Haven't got any good pics of it yet but it is chrome and it fits pretty much perfect. Even if it lasts only 3 or 4 years who cares. Re-apply it.

I've also used the chrome bumper mold strips too - they do the job pretty good - just get yourself decent 3M double sided tape to use with it as well. About the same price for 18 feet of it too.

I should have used a heat gun with the vinyl though just to get the pesky edges down but otherwise its pretty easy. I'll redo them once I get my car back from the panel beaters.

Last edited by Fev; 02-11-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post