Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
mash
Starter Motor

Default XH Splash Ute

I believe I have a limited addition Splash Ute but have not been able to obtain very much infomation on it other than that they were optioned up s packs with Splash graphics. Any infomation would be great. VIN No. comes up as an S Pack.

If you live in usa check this website: Cvs weekly ad.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

mate becuase thats all it is. Much like the marlins now....im sure its nice but its just another ute.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
CruizinEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
mate becuase thats all it is. Much like the marlins now....im sure its nice but its just another ute.
dont be like that to new members.

Hello and welcome to ford forums, i hope you are able to find the info you are looking for.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
mash
Starter Motor

Thats OK, I knew it wasnt anything special, I was just interested in what they were sold with or why they were marketed that way. Lets face it we havent had a really special falcon in a long time. Would be nice to see a coupe again. The late 90,s thunderbirds were about the same size as a falcon but with 2 doors and an all alloy v8. Pitty we didnt get any here, took a while for the alloy v8 aswell.
Old 31-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

I remember when the Splash came out, I could hardly find any info when it was new! But then again, I didn't have the internet.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #6
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash
Thats OK, I knew it wasnt anything special, I was just interested in what they were sold with or why they were marketed that way. Lets face it we havent had a really special falcon in a long time. Would be nice to see a coupe again. The late 90,s thunderbirds were about the same size as a falcon but with 2 doors and an all alloy v8. Pitty we didnt get any here, took a while for the alloy v8 aswell.
*cough* GT/GTP *cough*
*cough* XR6T/F6es *cough*

But yes, Thunderbirds rock!

Splash graphics... they kind of sound like what you see on 90s Hyundais & Barinas. Are they literally like that? (not meaning to sound derogatory here, just wondering if they're those kind of "splash" graphics)

Enjoy your time here, cheers

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
dont be like that to new members.

Hello and welcome to ford forums, i hope you are able to find the info you are looking for.
lol...what are you talking about. Its called honesty.

Ok let me re-phrase it then. Yes your splash ute is an amzingly unique vehicle, the decals were a limited run of how many thousands ford needed to clear at the time.

The reason it doesn't have a special VIN is because its exactly the same as every other XH ute getting around, excpet for those famous stickers; they rock!
: _2:

Seriously, it wasn't a rude statement, your ute is about as unique as my EA. If you want a unique ute then do a google on "TERRA" or "R5"; to unique for their own good.

But welcome to the club, I guess you are kinda in the right spot. And no, you dont see to many splash versions getting about.

As for as I know, or conclude, the splash ute was an attempt to move stock, so add the usual special stickers, maybe alloys, possibley trim, maybe a standard sportsbar and presto, you have a winner.

Pop up some pics so we can see the differences. :
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 31-10-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 31-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

XH "Splash" Ute: (Limited edition) Alloy sports bar, alloy wheels, cruise control, leather steering wheel. July 1997 - November 1998, 300 produced.

Get your facts right before you shoot off Polyal.
Old 31-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
XH "Splash" Ute: (Limited edition) Alloy sports bar, alloy wheels, cruise control, leather steering wheel. July 1997 - November 1998, 300 produced.

Get your facts right before you shoot off Polyal.
wtf..shooting off. Was I right or wrong? The only reason ford do specials is to flog off stock..lol..you of all people should know that with your expierence.

Nice job steffo with that stat aswell

Im sure its a fine example, but no point trying to say that its awesome when its "just" a special pack. Jesus, some touchy people here.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 31-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #10
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I doubt the Splash will match the Cobra in popularity in the years to come... but it's all these little niche special editions that make the model range so interesting (to me)!

I'll bet that no-one here (save Steffo) could list all the E-Series special editions that were sold.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #11
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The splash was optioned as mentioned above and also had 225/60-15 tyres and cloth door trims which the series one XH Longreach S didn't. These were carried over to the series two though.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #12
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I doubt the Splash will match the Cobra in popularity in the years to come... but it's all these little niche special editions that make the model range so interesting (to me)!

I'll bet that no-one here (save Steffo) could list all the E-Series special editions that were sold.
I ell you what, thats a ripper of a thread to start.

name all the special edition e series....

Ill start it up if ya want.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 01-11-2005, 08:52 AM   #13
mash
Starter Motor

Thanks for all the info, Mine has all that was mentioned but no cruise control, has the trim, sports bar, had the alloys, leather steer wheel and t bar. Whats the odds if only 300 made, the brick layer building the house across the road has an identical white one (mine is white). I live in country SA 25000 people. both have had the graphics removed from rear quarters but left on tailgate and bonnet. I know it is nothing special but I was happy to pick it up for the same price as a standard one in a car yard when mine has a pedders suspension kit, brand new 16" alloys, brand new tyres and factory tickford gas. (after a wiring diagram for the gas)
Old 01-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

ah yeah mate, dont get me wrong, if anything they are the best of the utes because 2nd hand you get the extra goodies for not much more
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XH Splash Ute

Sorry to hash up an old thread but does anyone know of those crappy Splash decals are easy to remove or is there a clear coat over the top of them?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #16
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I ell you what, thats a ripper of a thread to start.

name all the special edition e series....

Ill start it up if ya want.
EBGT
ED SPRINT

After that- who cares..............

(Okay I am biased towards those two)

But I do agree with all the limited editions just being a marketing quick fix by FOMOCO. Think Magnet ute, Lowndes ute, Longreach ute, etc. etc.

Cheers

Colin

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4
spebgtsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #17
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcore
Sorry to hash up an old thread but does anyone know of those crappy Splash decals are easy to remove or is there a clear coat over the top of them?
Prettty sure theyre a sticker...... Put a heat gun or even the missus hair dryer on and peel the edge off slowly. Use meths/turps to remove any traces of glue etc.

In the "old days" before stickers, I used to dod a bit of detailing for car yards and if a commercial vehicle came in with painted signwriting, we used to spray on a can of oven cleaner, let it set in for 10 minutes, then use a buff to cut it away....... Hey Presto, as new again!

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4
spebgtsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2022, 04:09 PM   #18
fairmonty_burns
Starter Motor

-with respect, i don't see the need to minimise old mate's Splash, it might not be the rarest Ford ute ever made, but there were only 300 produced, and it did have a few useful extra features. saying it's just another one of thousands of others makes you look relatively desperate to sh*t on the Splash.

Long live the Splash
fairmonty_burns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post