Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-08-2021, 06:28 AM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford brake parts

I have had a quote from the local Ford dealer to replace the front discs and pads on the MB, and it actually seems reasonable. The rotors are $140 each and the pads $76 for the set.

I assume these won't be OE parts?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Ford brake parts

No they probably are OE ones as they don't list as being expensive.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

My Rears were replaced before the fronts on my MB. I think they were Ridex with Bendix General CT pads. It was pretty cheap something like $230. $75ea rotor, and $80 for the pads.

Moving on to the front rotors I think they were a similar cost again, Protex Rotors with Bendix pads.

The biggest mistake I made was not buying rotors that were painted or coated to resist rust on the nonfriction areas.

there are other options: Brakes Direct
This user likes this post:
Old 03-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Front OE replacement rotors 7G911125EA are around $140 each and there is also the equivalent Motorcraft brand H2MZ1V125E which I guess is the Ford aftermarket equivalent and they are around $90 each.

Front OE pads BG912K021AA are around $190 each or Motorcraft ME6G9J2K021AB which are around $70.

So I gather you are getting OE discs and Motorcraft pads.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2021, 05:50 PM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Front OE replacement rotors 7G911125EA are around $140 each and there is also the equivalent Motorcraft brand H2MZ1V125E which I guess is the Ford aftermarket equivalent and they are around $90 each.

Front OE pads BG912K021AA are around $190 each or Motorcraft ME6G9J2K021AB which are around $70.

Thanks very much, I'll ask for the Ford pads. Apart from the dust, the front brakes have been great.

Old 17-08-2021, 11:47 AM   #6
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post

I had to wait 2 weeks to have this done! John Andrew Ford (Auckland) has a very busy service department.

You were right; they have fitted OE rotors and Motorcraft pads. Given the price difference, I went with the Motorcraft pads, but they did say they were fitting OE parts when I asked. So if I'm not happy with the brakes once bedded in, I will be back to have a chat with them.

The total price was $70 more than a local garage would have charged for aftermarket parts.

Old 26-08-2021, 07:48 PM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't done many kms yet due to NZ being in lockdown. The Motorcraft pads don't have the bite of the old ones, but they still stop the car well. It feels as though they are less progressive than the OE pads, but I will reserve judgement until they are fully bedded in.

I did some searching to find out who makes Motorcraft brake parts for the Mondeo, and someone on a UK forum said they were made by Bosch and the OE parts are from ATE. No idea whether that is correct.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:53 AM   #8
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't even done 100 km but the brakes are bedding in nicely. They feel quite different to the OE pads but stop the car well.

I will have quite a backlog of work outside of Auckland if this lockdown continues much longer, so they will get a good test then.

Old 29-01-2022, 12:52 AM   #9
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The brakes took a while to bed in, mainly due to the extended lockdown and travel restrictions in Auckland. I would say somewhere between 1000 - 2000 km. They are good now and stop the car well, but do need firmer pressure than the OE pads for a hard stop.

I'm not sure what the fade resistance is like, but no problems during the holidays on some downhill sections of road in Northland with the back of the car full of camping gear.

They are easier on the rotors, and generate much less brake dust. Overall, I prefer them to the OE pads for the type of driving I do.