Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-05-2022, 08:54 PM   #4531
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I have a customer who comes in every few months with his wife and mother. They live a couple of hours away and from what I can gather, he comes to town to visit his mum, then come out to have wander around the garden center.

After the first few visits spread over about a year, he asked me quietly after greeting them if the white Ranger in the carpark was mine, to which I grinned and nodded. He said he thought so and that I kept it so nice. That of course started a bit chat about Fords.

As the encounters went on, I got to learn he was an old school Ford mechanic, having driven and worked on the all over the years. The EB XR8 is red, the FG-X being Kinetic blue. He traded a FG MK II FPV GS ute for the FG-X and has owned a variety of other desirable models too. His eyes lit up when I mentioned I had owned a T3 TS50 and went on to say he services a T2 regularly.

So while I was supposed to be "working", I spent 15 minutes chatting about cool Fords. If anyone askes, I was building a "customer relationship" ok.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2022, 09:28 PM   #4532
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I have a customer who comes in every few months with his wife and mother. They live a couple of hours away and from what I can gather, he comes to town to visit his mum, then come out to have wander around the garden center.

After the first few visits spread over about a year, he asked me quietly after greeting them if the white Ranger in the carpark was mine, to which I grinned and nodded. He said he thought so and that I kept it so nice. That of course started a bit chat about Fords.

As the encounters went on, I got to learn he was an old school Ford mechanic, having driven and worked on the all over the years. The EB XR8 is red, the FG-X being Kinetic blue. He traded a FG MK II FPV GS ute for the FG-X and has owned a variety of other desirable models too. His eyes lit up when I mentioned I had owned a T3 TS50 and went on to say he services a T2 regularly.

So while I was supposed to be "working", I spent 15 minutes chatting about cool Fords. If anyone askes, I was building a "customer relationship" ok.
Sounds great, you didn't happen to attain whether he still does the odd job on Ford's for customer's at all did you ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 09:31 PM   #4533
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
Sounds great, you didn't happen to attain whether he still does the odd job on Ford's for customer's at all did you ?.
I'm pretty sure he does run a workshop, sounds like he is very meticulous.
Mustang GT

Old 08-05-2022, 04:13 PM   #4534
.:4:.
Kicking back

Simply being able to hear properly again. A week and a half ago i perforated my left ear drum again. So only having 1 ear to hear from, it left me a bit lop sided and the main thing that annoys me is simply having to ask people to repeat themselves because i cannot hear them.
Woke up this morning with ear goober on my pillow, but i could hear in sterio again.
The only good thing after you tell someone your hard of hearing is they dont know that you are intentionally ignoring them.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2022, 12:10 PM   #4535
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What did you say?
This user likes this post:
Old 10-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #4536
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8
Great story... but the RIP at the end is alarming!
Yeah, soz, I probably didn't word that as well as I could/should have. Fear not, he didn't pass away that week away. It would have been a couple of years later. Although, perhaps the fear he suffered that day had some impact on his life longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Simply being able to hear properly again. A week and a half ago i perforated my left ear drum again. So only having 1 ear to hear from, it left me a bit lop sided and the main thing that annoys me is simply having to ask people to repeat themselves because i cannot hear them.
Woke up this morning with ear goober on my pillow, but i could hear in sterio again.
The only good thing after you tell someone your hard of hearing is they dont know that you are intentionally ignoring them.
I wish! I'm like that permanently. I could handle the lack of responsiveness in one ear if I could just get over the dizziness I suffer permanently. Walking into door frames, or furniture, all the time. Falling over/losing my balance pretty regularly, too. Very frustrating. The dizziness was supposed to clear up after 12 months, but it hasn't gone away. And that was after doing some physio exercises, too.

You also get used to asking people to repeat themselves, especially with the screens introduced due to covid in a lot of public access places. Masks don't help either, as I have adapted to reading people's lips pretty well.

But, yes, there are some advantages; I get to choose as to what I 'hear'

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2022, 03:31 PM   #4537
Kicking back

That.
So i rate asahi as a very good beer. The ones we get over here are brewed in china under licence, still good in my opinion. But ive had better travelled people tell me they do not hold a candle to the japanese ones. Never had those. Ive had the uk brewed asahis that were private imports, they were very good. That flagon or jug, i guess thats what your call it, its a private jap import. Id love to drink it. The import sticker on it is in english as per regs, its 2L and product of japan. But im giving it to my brother who is gluten intollerant so cant drink it anyways to take to a work event or something like that. The aluminium bottle is cool in itself.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2022, 06:11 PM   #4538
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 more Sydneysiders removed from the gene pool.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:15 PM   #4539
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Who cares, if your reffering to what im thinking, they chose the wrong path.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #4540
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

A local political candidate of the “fat bloke from Queensland party” has deliberately had his signs hung from some trees near me. The unthinking irony of it.

…for the crows to pluck, for the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2022, 11:16 AM   #4541
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
No loss with these dregs of society!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2022, 05:45 PM   #4542
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Close to wrapping up the immediate stages of what started as a cam belt change in early January and became a sorry tale of rain, more rain, still more rain, electrical faults, postal delays, cracked breather hoses and near-inextricable leaky coolant pipes.

The spiders will soon get to experience life at 110km/h.
6 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2022, 07:07 PM   #4543
Kicking back

I got around to something on my eventually list. So i have two lists, the to do list which is more stuff you have to do immediately, and the eventually list which is more or less the too hard basket. The fix i did today that was on the eventually list. Its been an issue for the past decade. No joke, it took 5 minutes to fix.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2022, 09:52 PM   #4544
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gee if that was on your eventually list and took 5 minutes, you should be able to bowl over the immediate list in the same time.
Old 20-05-2022, 01:35 PM   #4545
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Gee if that was on your eventually list and took 5 minutes, you should be able to bowl over the immediate list in the same time.
Well, it was on the eventually list because when i used to work 6 days a week i just temped it up, stopped the leak, but not a proper fix.
So what it was, was a slow leak for the hot water connection in my laundry for a washing machine. My washing is cold water only as it has an internal heater in it.
The temp 'fix' was a zip lock bag over the outlet and cable ties. The real fix was simply changing the washer in the remote mounted tap. So as the thing didnt leak with a bag cable tied over it and that outlet was never used, it wasnt a high priority. But its done properly now.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2022, 04:58 PM   #4546
Kicking back

So i have 1 plant that has grown a rather large appendage. Its a yucca, 1 of many in my garden beds, but said appendage is now around 6 foot tall and laying over a bit. So plan was tie it to the fence to keep it upright.
I think the saying goes no good deed goes unpunished.
Long story short, about a year ago i lent ropes and equipment to the lady in the house behind when she had someone over to lop her big tree.
Today, she sticks her head out and after asking what i was doing, asks why dont i just put a star picket in?
Answer is i dont have one. No reason i couldnt go out and get one, but she had a spare in her shed. I said more then enough times are you sure? So yeah, belted said star picket in with my lump hammer, couple bits of rope, and the long appendage on my plant is now properly errect.
Old 20-05-2022, 05:30 PM   #4547
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Your said appendage is now erect! (sometimes I can't help myself)
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2022, 05:58 PM   #4548
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Your said appendage is now erect! (sometimes I can't help myself)
Yep, sorry mate, gardening related.
My bed I call my work bench, my bedroom, well.. that's the cockpit.
Old 21-05-2022, 06:24 PM   #4549
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
what made me feel good today is having great work mates most are female workmates.

On the 9th of May in the afternoon i was taking a wheelie bin down four steps when i missed one step.
The wheelie bin feel onto the concrete and i went also and smashed the top of my head on the really hard part of the wheelie bin at the top.

I got up and put my hand on top of my head and then looked at it, great no blood i can return to work.
By the time i got to the main office which was only about 10 meters from where i feel over there was blood all over my face.

My work mates took me into first aid room and the first aid lady tried to stop the bleeding while another work mate cleaned the blood from my face.
To cut a long story short i was taken to Hospital and only got 3 stiches in the wound.

The Boss later said "ive never seen the office staff move so quick". Its great to have such nice workmates who really care and thank you for all you did for me that day.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2022, 08:19 PM   #4550
Kicking back

I went for afternoon tea with my mum and her boyfriend today. I supply him with yuccas i cut out to thin my garden beds. He plants some in the communal garden at the retirement village he lives is as he is the head of the committee for that. The rest he sells at the local garden market.
I was telling him about how verile one i have is and how its appendage is 6 foot long. He is a gardening person and said surely its a different plant. Short answer is no, it was cut off an existing plant that he has already had cuttings off and was put in a shaded place, so i guess its looking for sunlight or something.
Thing is, before i gifted a couple cuttings today which was never the plan, my mum asked me do you have any more?.
Short answer was yes, but I'd rather offer then be asked.
It is nice to see they're appreciated though.
Old 22-05-2022, 06:41 PM   #4551
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Like many, I grew up watching the Simpsons. Those earlier seasons were both funny and clever. The later episodes I simply can't watch, they lack the brilliant observational humor of the early years.

I woke up needing a fix, and started to watch a few clips that always make me laugh.

"Smithers, dismember the corpse and send his widow a corsage."

"How dare you disturb me during nap time".............."get the axe".........

"Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts"

"Put this in your pipe and smoke it"

"Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that."

Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 22-05-2022, 06:46 PM   #4552
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Agree that the earlier ones were better. Everything is so tame now!

I usually go to FailArmy if I need a chuckle. There’s always someone coming off worse than myself.
Old 22-05-2022, 06:48 PM   #4553
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Agree that the earlier ones were better. Everything is so tame now!

I usually go to FailArmy if I need a chuckle. There’s always someone coming off worse than myself.
One Foot In The Grave is another safe bet for laughs too..........

Mustang GT

Old 22-05-2022, 06:53 PM   #4554
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Mustang GT

Old 22-05-2022, 07:01 PM   #4555
marty351
Shenanigans..............

mmmm... hogfat

https://youtu.be/jQFWOkZvaAs
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2022, 08:36 PM   #4556
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simpsons got worse when Homer became a jerk. He was always a dope, but in earlier seasons he was still a good guy at heart. Once the seasons got to double digits he just become unpleasant and selfish.
Not to mention the story writing and comedy got worse.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-05-2022, 09:04 PM   #4557
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally got my mate's widow and his daughters and families out of their homes this weekend. We've been going down to Brissy to their places just to support them as they are doing it really tough.
It took us a few weeks but we talked them into all coming up to our place in the bush for a change. Well, his grandkids had a ball running around with our animals, feeding them and generally playing with them. Their mums and Nona just watched them and I could see their faces lighting up for the first time in a while. Did my heart good to see it.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2022, 07:56 PM   #4558
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Lowered my Merc, Detailed my brakes and painted my wheel fasteners body colour.

Car looks mint and drives ace with it's NEW turbo and subtle mod's

Just need some fine weather so we can crack open the sunroof and enjoy a nice looooooong drive somewhere...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2022, 07:15 PM   #4559
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Washed 2/3 of my street-parked wreck. The paint was starting to look more dirty with algae and mould than I felt befitted my area. Just the offside panels and nose to finish tomorrow evening.
Old 26-05-2022, 03:22 PM   #4560
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took my brother out for Devonshire tea at a Cafe for his birthday this morning.
Got him onto some anti depressant/anxiety meds about 10 days ago.
He wasn't too good for the first few days, which the Dr explained to me, but last few days he's been much better.
We actually got a bit of the old banter going again, so good to see him joking about again.
5 users like this post: