Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 27-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #151
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well not from a reliable source (Ford Rep) but i have faith it is true. Bring on the press release and put our minds at ease.
Old 27-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #152
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Bring on the press release and put our minds at ease.
Agreed! Till them, I'm going to go on thinking the Fiesta ST will never make it here. Hope I'm wrong :1syellow1

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 27-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #153
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ill have a chat tomorrow with all the peoples at Ford Display and get a jist of what is happening. Ill make sure to record there comments for proof.
Old 27-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #154
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see another ST24 abortion on the way.... release the sporty variant right at the end of it's model life (when it's a bit old and out dated.) Then use some lame advertising campaign which doesn't do the vehicle any favours or attract people for test drives; and later can the model because it "wasn't right for the Australian market."

Hope I'm wrong.....
Old 01-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #155
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do u think Ford Aus will re-name the Fiesta Zetec once the XR4s are for sale? cos Fiesta Zetec wont be the "sporty" model anymore.

Or maybe discontinue the LX and substitute them with the Zetec.

What do yous think?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #156
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Do u think Ford Aus will re-name the Fiesta Zetec once the XR4s are for sale? cos Fiesta Zetec wont be the "sporty" model anymore.

What do yous think?
i doubt they will substitute. in the UK they have the 1.4 1.6 and 2.0 fez. they wont substitute no matter what. and dont forget that the UK has the ZETEC-S .. there should be no intention of replacing the LX. there are other reasons why not but im to lazy atm. let sum1 else do it i say.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #157
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid

What do yous think?
IMO I don't see that happening. Ford aren't dropping the XR6 name because they have the FPV Typhoon...If people can't afford the XR4/ST they would most likely buy the Zetec instead...same as the LX vs the Zetec.
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

Old 01-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #158
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

They won't drop the LX badge.

BEST example is the Focus. We still have the Focus CL, LX and Zetec even though the XR5T exists.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 08-03-2007, 12:00 AM   #159
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

www.fordfiestaxr4.com is the website of choice.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #160
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
I can see another ST24 abortion on the way.... release the sporty variant right at the end of it's model life (when it's a bit old and out dated.) Then use some lame advertising campaign which doesn't do the vehicle any favours or attract people for test drives; and later can the model because it "wasn't right for the Australian market."

Hope I'm wrong.....
You're probably 100% correct. Unless the thing costs $25-26k ON ROAD. That would price it far below its competition and make it excellent value for money.

But the way its looking it'll probably be a tad over 30k on-road, which is too much. If you're after a hot hatch, better off waiting for the Clio 197 or 207 GTi then that... or (if and/or when we get it) the Polo GTI Cup. Unless you want to void your warranty instantly, the XR4 does not stand a chance against any of the above trio.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #161
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
You're probably 100% correct. Unless the thing costs $25-26k ON ROAD. That would price it far below its competition and make it excellent value for money.

But the way its looking it'll probably be a tad over 30k on-road, which is too much. If you're after a hot hatch, better off waiting for the Clio 197 or 207 GTi then that... or (if and/or when we get it) the Polo GTI Cup. Unless you want to void your warranty instantly, the XR4 does not stand a chance against any of the above trio.
$31k on-road for Clio 197 or 207 GTi?
Old 08-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #162
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
$31k on-road for Clio 197 or 207 GTi?
Probably approx $35k-$36k on-road for those two (as the old 182 and GTi180 were).

A price I'd much rather pay ($4-$5k more) for the performance the XR4 lacks with a factory warranty to back it up.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 08-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #163
photn
AFF Post NAZI

okay heres my gripe. your winging about something that your not gonna buy......bagging this car out when you have no intentions of going anyware near it.....

why is what i ask. whats the point. im pretty sure that alot of people already know this stuff...your just winging for the sake of winging, about something that has nothing to do with you.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #164
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
So Danny........ GTI or XR4??
Neither actually, As it were : See you XR4 boys at the traffic lights ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Probably approx $35k-$36k on-road for those two (as the old 182 and GTi180 were).
I agree with you wholeheartedly Steffo!

EXACTLY why I didn't bother waiting for Ford to start delivering the XR4. I KNEW straight off that the 182 had the performance I wanted for about the same price as what I knew that the "warm hatch" 110kW XR4 would be (8 second 0-100 for a $30K FIESTA?). Anyways, I also knew I could get the 182 Straight away!

In the end it's also why I didn't choose Polo Gti, Punto Sport, Peugeot Gti180 or XR5 either....

Last edited by Danny; 08-03-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #165
bman

I will not be buying an XR4 for it's performance......

I will be buying an XR4 because of it's stellar driving appeal....and the fact that it is the best looking hatch on the market (soon to be). I like the VW GTI but at the end of the day, side by side the XR4 is a much better looking car.

Lets face it, we are not racing these machines people, you lot are not race car drivers. I do not intend to race people at my local intersection!!! I will leave that sort of behaviour to the idiots of the world!!

0-100 in under 7 seconds is plenty of power for me!! Goodness the 1.6 standard engine is enough power for me.

And i will be buying one as one of my best mates is a principle dealer at ford and he has already quoted me a stupidly low price! SWEET!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #166
bman

oh and the xr4 interior is my favourite when compared to other Hot Hatches.....
Old 09-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #167
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

If i start saving now, i can hopefully afford it come Jan next year, just need to learn manual (yes i still have no idea). I think its is the hottest looking hatch out there for under 30g (excluding ORC). Yes it should have been here 2-3 years ago but its here now, so get over it. : 74kws does it for me let alone 110kws. Tho i would say a Polo Gti with ecu upgrade (32g + 2g Chip) ok say 35g max gets u 152kws + 330nm. Now thats best bang for buck. I would concider it if xr4 wasnt happening. :eclipsee_
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #168
0xyg3n

I have been thinking since you guys are so upset about the lack of power. I have an idea that Ford could use to get you guys back into the Fiesta XR4. No its not more power. But a range of accessories.

The first is a loverly leather hand bag as modeled by Paris Hilton. Comes in a range of colours including Hot Pink. With plenty of pockets inside for tissues and your fav lip stick.

Second is this hot little number. Some of features are:
* Cross front jersey dress
* Deep v-neck and sash at waist
* Cross over strap detailing at back
* Wear this dress with a backless, strapless bra or an invisible bra for a fabulous shape
* Dress like a fashionista for a night on the town in this fab frock, in the style of Paris Hilton!

Third we have a matching pair of sandals to go with the above dress. Made by Ted Baker from 100% leather.

I would be interested in what you guys (steffo danny) think of my idea. You might not be driving around in the most powerfull hot hatch but dam you would turn heads in a snazzy outfit like that.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #169
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Pwned

Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #170
JayLow80
Starter Motor

Ouch!!! Oxyg3n u makin me laugh so hard!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #171
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
The first is a loverly leather hand bag as modeled by Paris Hilton. Comes in a range of colours including Hot Pink. With plenty of pockets inside for tissues and your fav lip stick.

Ahhh thats not Paris, thats Nicole Ritchie..
and FYI Its a Chloe "Paddington" Bag ;)

and besides wouldn't those accessories be aimed at Clio Owners :P
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #172
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
Ahhh thats not Paris, thats Nicole Ritchie..
and FYI Its a Chloe "Paddington" Bag ;)
Ah yes sorry its Nicole. My mistake.

It even has a padlock on it so other girls cant steal your makeup lol.

Last edited by 0xyg3n; 09-03-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #173
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Ah yes sorry its Nicole. My mistake.

It even has a padlock on it so other girls cant steal your makeup lol.
Its to lock the little dog in while you're 'purging' after dinner...

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #174
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Please explain how this went from being about the Fiesta XR4 to a Flacon GT vs Clubsport?

If you wanna compare a GT to a Clubsport this ISN'T the place for it
Old 10-03-2007, 02:48 AM   #175
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
i know about the real world times. I don't want to promote drag racing on the street but my dad and I were in the car with 3 other people. 5 people in the car. A nice ss pulled up with about 3 young bloke in it. This thing had an exhaust and extractors. My dads Gt was pulling away despite the slow take off and the 2 extra people in the car. Ive been in a car. I know first hand what they are like and for a stock ba2 gt to remain even with a slighty worked vz ss with 2 less people says enough for me. for the record the other bloke had the auto and my dads is the 6 speed manual. i think your talking crap about a 235 kilow watt 460 nm torque ss beating a GT with 290 kilowatts and 520nm . obviously the ss's have been worked.

And another reason I know your full of crap. My cousin's mate just bought a beaut vy ss. worked with 240kilowatts at the wheels. It ran at the creek and got 13.4, only .3 more then the standard average vy ss? it doesnt make sence because it's a load of crap that a standard ss with 235kilowatts runs rings around a GT. the xr6t has 245 and is proven to be faster then an ss but still i have never seen an xr6t beat a GT
Our VE Calais V8 makes a shame of GT's, as for my neighbours VZ clubby its a weapon, its so agile and quick i think ill buy it off him once the lease is up!

As for the XR4 i would love one to drive to work (so compact, good on fuel and nifty) and ill seriously consider buying one with the next performance FORD i buy, probarly a Turbo Territory (wonder if the XR4 will fit in the boot!).
Old 10-03-2007, 03:04 AM   #176
Danny
GT4.

So what was that about handbags???
Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #177
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that popcorn in the micro ready yet, Piotr? I'm lovin' this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
So what was that about handbags???
One of the options at no extra cost.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #178
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Is that popcorn in the micro ready yet, Piotr? I'm lovin' this.

One of the options at no extra cost.
im not. im sick to death of ppl corrupting good threads for no bloody reason. if you want to argue a god damn GT and HSV make your own bloody thread and duke it out. FFS ppl.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #179
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
i know about the real world times. I don't want to promote drag racing on the street....
Oh it's alright, mate, we're all adults here. We know what's right and what's wrong, what's appropriate and what's inappropriate.

Anyways, Fiesta XR4 is NICE, I like. If I have $25,000 under my pillow doing nothing, I'd get Colorado Red with white stripes.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #180
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

I haven't visited the Fiesta XR4 thread for a while... Is there actually any more discussions on the XR4???

I was excited to hear the XR4 was coming to Australia mid 2007 and can't wait to see them on the roads.

Is there any more juicy goss on the XR4? Who's getting one and when and where will I be able to first check one out? Is there any information I can find on the XR4 within the Falcon GT part of the site perhaps :P
Closed Thread