Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
MONDEO10
Starter Motor

Default MONDEO MB TITANIUM TDci WAGON BLUETOOTH PROBLEM

Hi all,
I have looked through previous threads and cannot find any other people who are having this issue..
I have just taken possession of a new MB Titanium TDci Mondeo Wagon and absolutely love it. The only issue is that I cannot get the bluetooth to work! This car has awesome mobile phone integration when it works and it is now quite frustrating that it doesn't.
I have a HTC HD2 touch phone and I can get the car to recognise the phone but then it drops out again. If someone rigns me it comes through the car but 10 seconds later it drops out again. When initally pairing the phone to the car it found my phonebook but has not been able to find this since.
The issue is that the car works fine with all other phones including iphone, nokia etc!
I was reviewing the following website, www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com and it says that my phone is partially compatible. Compatible enough to at least work with the main functions but I cannot get the car to hold onto the connection...
Has anyone else faced this issue and do you have any idea of a fix?
Thanks heaps...

MONDEO10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
jellybaby
Starter Motor

I have a samsung phone t480 (I think) and have the exact same problem as you. My phone says partial compatability also. Took car back and said nothing can be done their end.Wentto telstra and they said nothing could be done their end!!! Found out my hubbys crappy $49 cheap samsung works brilliantly in the car.
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I had the same issue with a N95. I had to de-brand it, which is updating the firmware and getting all the telco rubbish they put on it off. You might need to do the same.
Try upgrading the software, and see about getting the company rubbish off it. They will often only put on the lowest software possible and then put branding on it that plays with the connection.
Ford won't know anything about it, and the telco's won't care. You could also check out the Euro site for a fix (http://www.talkford.com/forum/96-for...o-mk4-2007-20/).
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
fordmondeoman

yeah sounds like software issue to me get ford to also update the software in the car as well as you doing your phone may or may not help is just one of thoughs annoying software incompability issues there are with bluetooth.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Fishman

Default Re: MONDEO MB TITANIUM TDci WAGON BLUETOOTH PROBLEM

Mondeo10

I have a HTC Touch Diamond 2 (runs windows 6.5) and just generally with my bluetooth, the phone doesn't stay discoverable. Neither does my wifes HTC which runs android. I just wonder if the phone is causing the problem and not the car??

Good Luck!
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First of all can you see your wife phone! can she see yours! if your phone is working with the Mondeo it will automatically read the head unit ID as Ford Audio so that your Paired Devices in your phone can know what is what like your wife's phone will have its ID my Nokia for e.g. can talk to the console even while its Hidden from view to other users, don't expect help from mechanics and make sure your Android is higher than v.1.5 my Mondeo/Nokia can also detect my Philips Bluetooth headphones in the house while I'm in the garage!!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Stocky58
Starter Motor

I have a HTC touch 3g (Windows 6.1)and the phone works perfectly in my MB 2010 Zetec. Cannot offer any solutions for you.