Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
heaps79
Starter Motor

Default Help with purchase of a Titanium

Hi
First time poster on this forum but know from reading that I've come to the right place!
I am wanting to purchase a Titanium TDCI hatch, I know there is a difference between the 2009 to 2010 model, but what would I miss out on if I didnt purchase a 2011 model ?
What should I be paying if I want to get a 2010 Titanium TDCI vs a new 2011 model ?
I'm in Perth if that makes any difference.

heaps79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
heaps79
Starter Motor

Default Re: Help with purchase of a Titanium

I should of really asked the question a bit better (sorry )
Basically - is there a difference with a 2010 MC Titanium diesel vs a 2011 MC Titanium diesel ? (I'm looking for a hatch as well)
I wondering what prices as well I should expect to be paying ? Is there any chance in picking one up under $40,000 ?
heaps79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you will find that you will not be able to get a 2010 MC Titanium as the MC only just started showing up at dealers in the last month.

If you want a 2010 model you would be looking at an MB Titanium. Powertrain wise I am 99% sure they are identical, both have the updated 120kw 2.0 Tdci with the powershift (DSG) 6 speed box. The MC has a few more gizmo's and safety features (look at the MC thread for new features).

You should be able to get a low km or even no km demo MB for under 40k, but I doubt you will get an MC for that money.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mondeo gets EcoBoost engine in June....
Old 17-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Menai Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaps79
Basically - is there a difference with a 2010 MC Titanium diesel vs a 2011 MC Titanium diesel ? (I'm looking for a hatch as well)
I wondering what prices as well I should expect to be paying ? Is there any chance in picking one up under $40,000 ?
The 2010 MC Titanium is the 2011 model. There's no difference. MC's only started arriving end Oct, but this was only the LX and some Zetec's. The Titanium was slated for arrival Nov but was delayed to Dec, then Jan. My Titanium was slated for arrival in Jan, but arrived mid Feb. This was a Dec 10 Build but MY11. Not much discounting with Mondeo's due to demand vs supply, they're basically selling them at the factory or off the ship. If you're leasing a car (eg novated lease) then use the discount that they give the Fleet company to bring the cost down.
Tip: I dealt directly with the dealership and they gave me the full discount they would have given the Fleet company. This meant that 1. The Fleet company didn't hold onto some of this for themselves. 2. I only dealt directly with the dealership so when car was delayed, they gave me loan cars for the interim at no cost!

As for what it's like - fantastic. Has a lot more bells and whistles than the MB and in my opinion worth the wait (4 months from when I placed the order). Also I'd challenge anyone to find a European Built car, that has the amount of technology features that the Mondeo has for the price. At least 20k cheaper than BMW's, Mercedes etc and they still don't match the features that the Mondeo Titanium has. It also ticks all the right boxes (for me anyway) Five Star ANCAP safety rating, European Emissions 5, excellent fuel economy, plenty of torque for towing, great luggage space and excellent family car. Yes it doesn't go 0-100 in 3 secs but who cares, it's not a race car. IMHO it's at least equivalent to a BMW or Mercedes without the price tag of one.

Despite what others say in this forum, Ford Australia have got it right with the Mondeo esp the Titanium.
BTW. My father in law who lives in the UK, went to his local Ford dealer in Nov last year. Wait time then for Titaniums was March! UK has same delivery times / problems as Australia.
Menai Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post