Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
GregAnd
Starter Motor

Smile New Mondeo Owner

Well, pick up my new Ford Mondeo MC Titamium in Lunar Sky in April 1st. I know April fols day, but will make sure it is after 12.00.

Never owned a Mondeo before, always had European cars though. Two firsts for me, diesel and also front wheel drive. I do not like front wheel drive but I did liked the way this drove when I test drove the car.

We do mainly highway country miles so are looking for the fuel savings from the diesel, hopefully.

I know people in the UK who have owned Mondeos and they have been happy so I am hoping. There are heaps of toys though.

Cheers, Greg

GregAnd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
BrisVegas
Noobie

Default Re: New Mondeo Owner

congrats Greg. They're an awesome car for the money. A friend of mine who does high mileage country driving recently traded his diesel Peugeot on a Mondeo diesel. Very comfy highway car and very efficient. Good luck.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
sando75
Starter Motor

Congrats Greg, what other vehicles did you consider / test drive and if you don't mind me asking what price did you pay driveaway?, did you get any options such as towbar, tint windows etc
sando75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
GregAnd
Starter Motor

Smile Re: New Mondeo Owner

Thanks guys.

Paid $48,000 all up with Tint, towbar, and also boot protector. We had to choose whether to buy down south or up here. We chose up here as while a little more expensive it saves us the cost and time of travelling to Brisbane.

We should be happy. Looking forward to grabbing it.

We also looked at VW Passat, Golf Wagon, Subaru Outback and Liberty. We have owned a Subaru Outback and loved it wlthough servicing costs are so high. The VW was good, although a newmodel is due out May 2011. We have owned a Passat before and loved it. The Golf was so roomy for the size of the car but it did not have anough power for me.

Regards, Greg
Old 25-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Congrats. Trust me when I say you'll be breathtaken by the fuel economy and the performance of such a big, spacious car. It's the ultimate highway car plus it looks fantastic! I miss my MB Mondeo Titanium 2.3 petrol!!!
Old 25-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congrats mate. you'll love it...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
GregAnd
Starter Motor

Smile Re: New Mondeo Owner

Thanks fo the good wishes.

I think we will be happy as well. Although I noticed today diesel is now 1.55 per litre in Airlie Beach.
Old 26-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
GregAnd
Starter Motor

Thanks for the good wishes.