Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Default GT-P Ad

The owner of Wheelking bought this car to get the wheels off but Ford won't sell him any more sets of wheels (GT-P 19") and this is his dig at FPV for not supplying him wheels
Old 25-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

OMG the bricks look so dodgey

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LMFAO. Never want another one. I think hes an unhappy camper
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey
The owner of Wheelking bought this car to get the wheels off but Ford won't sell him any more sets of wheels (GT-P 19") and this is his dig at FPV for not supplying him wheels
Well that explains everything.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
paul7v7
bring it on

the guy sounds like a tool. of course FPV aren't going to keep supplying him with wheels if he keeps selling them. They're made only for the GTP's. He gets what he deserves and he deserves to be back at HSV.
Old 25-05-2005, 12:08 PM   #6
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

That guy is a loser. He deserves to go back to f*ckin Holden.

In case you didn't notice, I'm having a personal vendetta against Holden drivers.
Old 25-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #7
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Arent the wheels supposed to be exclusive to the GT-P? So he has tried to circumvent Ford by buying a car taking the wheels off and asking for more wheels for it, am I right?
Thats what it sounds like from lukeys post.
LowEL2XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #8
XRated
Shoot.

This has been posted before.. But what a complete ****er. I hope no one buys it and he loses out big time! It shits me to tears how people whinge and moan about a brand because of this type of thing.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Where is this add from?

I think a few calls and emails will sort him out..lol Can anyone organise to flood his email account?

Good on FPV, what a tool, I bet the guy who brought the rims off him is laughing.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #10
paul7v7
bring it on

I fired off a quick email to FPV (I am sure they already know of it) with the details of this. If it is the case of him trying to scam FPV then he could have a law suit on his hands soon. As this pic makes the rounds on the net I am sure the reuputation of FPV will go down with it.
Old 25-05-2005, 01:59 PM   #11
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I dont think FPV can do anything about it to be honest. They have done all they can do. Ok not everyone knows the background info into this, but if someone didn't tell me that he sold the wheels off then I still would of thought it is a tool.

I still dont understand why FPV wont sell him the wheels, they make a killing off them.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 06:22 PM   #12
rob_o

Dont FPV's come with factory lock nuts anyway?
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #13
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I still dont understand why FPV wont sell him the wheels, they make a killing off them.
Because quite simply the FPV range is exclusive, there should be no "copiies".

Do you think someone in their 100k GTS would be a smidgen ****ed when rice boy parks beside him in an IDENTICAL visually poffo commy V6 auto with an aftermarket kit.

There are many out there who mod their cars to show individuality or whatever and this is great, I have seen some excelent examples, but someone who buys a XR6 or XT and then changes it to look exactly like something it is not e.g. GT or F6 is not individual or creative thay are just a pretender trying to present a false image, sort of like the guy with the fake rolex, fake designer clobber from Bali, display non working mobile phone borrowed from a phone shop, 12 expired gold Amex cards and a pile of photocopied $100 bills in his wallet (I live at a tourist trap, these people actually exist)

I call those cars "Miriams" because although they look the part when you get up close and personal there is SOMETHING about Miriam......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Because quite simply the FPV range is exclusive, there should be no "copiies".

Do you think someone in their 100k GTS would be a smidgen ****ed when rice boy parks beside him in an IDENTICAL visually poffo commy V6 auto with an aftermarket kit.

There are many out there who mod their cars to show individuality or whatever and this is great, I have seen some excelent examples, but someone who buys a XR6 or XT and then changes it to look exactly like something it is not e.g. GT or F6 is not individual or creative thay are just a pretender trying to present a false image, sort of like the guy with the fake rolex, fake designer clobber from Bali, display non working mobile phone borrowed from a phone shop, 12 expired gold Amex cards and a pile of photocopied $100 bills in his wallet (I live at a tourist trap, these people actually exist)

I call those cars "Miriams" because although they look the part when you get up close and personal there is SOMETHING about Miriam......
I agree Flappist, the Miriam bit in particular :hihi:.

This ad is a repost but I do agree - people like this dont deserve to be driving GT-P's in the first place.
Old 25-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #15
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh yeah, this guy is such a tool. He's really screwing Ford over by paying $70,000+ for a brand new car and then wants to go and pull excessive amounts of money for a new set of wheels straight from Ford. Jeez, he's really trying to screw Ford, eh? :rolleyes:

Edit- Now that I look at the ad again it's fairly obvious that you guys have the wrong end of the stick. He says Ford can't supply new wheels "until June." Sounds to me like another case of Ford's pathetic customer service and waiting queues.

Last edited by Mike Gayner; 25-05-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #16
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i bet he got more for the wheels than ford wants for them, so he deserves to loose 10K on his car for trying to shaft ford, i might go push it off thoes house bricks
Old 25-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Lets hope HSV cotton on to this scam and deny him replacement wheels too, then he'll be stuffed. I always wondered how he got a hold of these types of wheels just after the cars had been released.
Good to see it happen, at least FPV seem to be making an effort to keep some exclusivity to their cars, now if only they would stop people with non Boss powered cars from getting the buldged bonnets, and stop dealer fitted stripe packages to stop the tryhards from making pathetic GT clones. Not much they can do about aftermarket stripes though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 11:31 PM   #18
Dez
Banned

so you want them to stop AWC making bulge bonnets and BA GT kits? :

Quote:
and a 2 door chop :P

so this guy selling the GT-P owns wheelking? and bought the GT-P so that he would have GT-P rims to sell? is that right?

wouldnt that mean that people would have to be willing to pay ridiculous amounts for the set of wheels? if he has to pay the big bucks to get them from ford, and then add his % on to make a profit?

hope no one buys it, or that someone buys it for a ridiculously low price and he loses out big time
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

I actually find it unlikely somebody would buy a car just to get the wheels from it and sell it, and from what I gather WheelKing can obtain GT and GTP wheels anyway so I dont see why he wouldnt put some of those on his own car?

That said, I reckon that'd be a great way to save yourself $$$ on a new GTP. Just drive it round on XR 18's until Ford get you the new ones, or go aftermarket, i could live with it.
Old 25-05-2005, 11:44 PM   #20
Dez
Banned

slap on some of the ROH modena in black like jim boss or aussie pete! HORN!

thats the first thing i thought when i saw the pic of the GT-P wheel-less
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 11:57 PM   #21
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He didn't buy a whole car just to sell off one set of wheels.
As far as i know, to buy wheels from FPV, you have to show proof of ownership. Probably the same thing with HSV.
So he buys a car or two then has access to a whole bunch of wheels that noone else can get their hands on (unless they own the spescific car)
My guessing is that FPV got wind of his scam and suddenly has a supply problem - to him.

but then i might be way off the mark...my bad...

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:06 AM   #22
rick69
Banned

I reckon that this whole story about the owner of Wheelking buying this car to sell the wheels is total and utter BS.
I have seen genuine mk2 GTP wheels for sale at a number of wheel and tyre shops and I'm sure they didn't have to buy a GTP to do it.
Besides, if the story was true, wouldn't you think he would take off the wheels with the car on a hoist in his workshop, not in his driveway placing the car on bricks!!

Someone is spinning some major $hit.....

Last edited by rick69; 26-05-2005 at 12:09 AM.
rick69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:08 AM   #23
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who gives a shit imo.. i'd rather get some aftermarket wheels anyhow, probly better than what for has produced.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:47 AM   #24
Sundeep
Banned

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm GTP dumped on stockies.....

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:48 AM   #25
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm GTP dumped on stockies.....

Sundeep
they wouldn't fit, brembo's.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #26
BOFB
Starter Motor

I am the owner of the GT-P in Unique Cars. I have only lately visited the forums noted the various versions of what is supposed to have happened to the GT-P pictured. An absolute minority has chosen to call me a loser. The majority response has been to applaud it. It is now even clearer to me that FPV have many unsatisfied customers when it comes to customer relations. One only has to read through the forum to understand that.

Whether or not I am the owner of Wheel King at this is irrespective. The facts are as follows, I purchased the vehicle with the intention of having access to MkII GT-P rims for the purpose of resale. Nothing wrong or illegal about that intention and that same option remains open to anyone willing to part with their money.

I sold the wheels that came with the vehicle the same day I took delivery around December 20 2004. I ordered another set and did not get a full set until January 12 2005. Effectively it took over 3 weeks to get a replacement set. What if it was you that purchased the vehicle and your wheels through no fault of your own were damaged or stolen. Would you appreciate waiting 3 weeks plus over the Christmas break for your replacement wheels?

I sold the set that arrived in January 12, and yes, made a profit. That is not illegal and is the fundamental basis of all businesses. Ford would have made a profit when I purchased the vehicle and I am sure made a profit when I purchased each set of wheels as well as anything else I might purchase. The very forums you are on also must make a profit. It’s not a crime to make a profit.

After getting another set or two in February and many arguments with FPV’s customer relations department, I was told that the rims were on back order and would not be available to me until June 22. Again, how would you feel if that was your GT-P that may have had its wheels stolen or damaged by no fault of your own in February and you had to wait until June for replacements? As some of the unfounded comments have suggested, you too would feel like a loser.

The facts are as follows:

The GT-P advertisement does not say anywhere that the wheels were stolen. It merely emphasises the fact that the wheels will not be available to June. As a HSV owner I have never experienced the difficulties that FPV and Ford have presented to me, quite the opposite actually. To those who were offended because they made an incorrect assumption, I apologise.

If you or I wanted 1000 tail lamps, 500 dipsticks, 2000 right hand front guards, 60 boots, 321 left hand head lights, we could without restriction have order them tomorrow and no one would care. You don’t even need to own a Ford to do that.

I shelled out my hard earned money for a MkII GT-P for the main purpose of obtaining the wheels and can’t get any because of someone’s attitude at either FPV or Ford. I am disappointed and disgusted with FPV and Ford’s attitude. The ad is my personal protest which I have self funded and is more than most are prepared to do. I am still considering further campaigns to highlight my point, but by the response to date, I am sure that everyone is aware of the “GT-P in Unique Cars”.

What I have chosen to do is not a scam as may be suggested. If you feel the same after considering the above, I apologise for having stood up to a multinational company like Ford and highlighting their customer service inadequacies.

Anger on this issue would be better directed at the people who promote copy wheels. Wheel King despite what may be suggested in forums, under no circumstances deal in copy wheels or spacers, however there are plenty available in the market.

The sad fact is that many you guys on the forum have purchased these copy wheels thinking they are genuine at a bargain price. Currently there are copy EF, AU I, AU II, BA XR6 and XR8 wheels everywhere in the market place and Ford have done absolutely nothing to the sellers that represent the copy wheels as genuine. It probably won’t be too long until the 19 inch FPV wheel will also be available in 17, 18 & 19 inch copies. It is those wheels that degenerate the true value of FPV vehicles, not people like me trying to promote the genuine product.

At the end of the day, the XY GT is the classic example, what is worth more, the replica with all the best genuine and repo gear or the run down genuine iarticle with matching original numbers and I.D. plate. The genuine product will always draw more respect than the replica no matter how good the replica is. Nothing unique about replica wheels.

Finally I sincerely hope you appreciate my comments and have a better insight as to what the advertisement truly represents.

Kind regards and I look forward to your response.
BOFB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #27
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFB
Whether or not I am the owner of Wheel King at this is irrespective
Actually it really does matter if you own wheel king . People like you make it hard for someone who really has had their wheels stolen to get replacement ones. So I guess putting your profits ahead of those who really need the wheels isn't illegal so it's ok right?

Quote:
I shelled out my hard earned money for a MkII GT-P for the main purpose of obtaining the wheels and can’t get any because of someone’s attitude at either FPV or Ford
This remark ****es me off as it proves your selfish goals and you are now after your third set of wheels to make a profit. It's not Ford/ FPV's attitude, it's yours.

Quote:
What I have chosen to do is not a scam as may be suggested
If it's not a scam then what is it??

It's funny when the truth comes out you came here with a long winded post defending your actions as you knew very well that people who saw the ad will think the wheels were stolen and FPV were not helping you enough. So how about doing another ad with the truth mate?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #28
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I hate ppl that copy... i think that a good idea would be that any wheels bought from FPV or HSV for that matter should have the old wheels traded in as proof... or maybe they should see that they are damaged to sell the old wheel.
Ok, i think im confusing myself. Basically, if you buy a wheel from FPV or HSV, you should give back the old wheel you are replacing... that way, only 4 wheels per FPV

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #29
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

GEZZZZZZZZZZZ just saw the BOFB post now... I agree with RATT... maybe the reason that FPV are taking their time is because they know that you are a downright scam artist and are making a profit out of selling their tyres?!

I think FPV would be smart in taking the action i mentioned above... replacement tyres given if the ones to be replaced are given back.

In regards to replicas... they are always replicas and never look as good, so they dont worsen the FPV image. Just like Look-a-like HSVs going around... they look shit, so who cares?

Also, some tyre places might have GTP tyres cause they did a SWAP for aftermarket rims?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 26-05-2005 at 01:43 AM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:49 AM   #30
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
GEZZZZZZZZZZZ just saw the BOFB post now... I agree with RATT... maybe the reason that FPV are taking their time is because they know that you are a downright scam artist and are making a profit out of selling their tyres?!

I think FPV would be smart in taking the action i mentioned above... replacement tyres given if the ones to be replaced are given back.

In regards to replicas... they are always replicas and never look as good, so they dont worsen the FPV image. Just like Look-a-like HSVs going around... they look shit, so who cares?

Also, some tyre places might have GTP tyres cause they did a SWAP for aftermarket rims?
what if your rims are stolen ??
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post