Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #91
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand
In regards to the colours...this car is for soccer mums and classic families with a dog and 2.4 kids, not boy racers. It doesn't necessarily need 'look at me' colours like an XR6 or GT. Look at Toyota's success in selling everything in white and grey...thats the type of person the Terri is aimed at.

*shrugs* could be wrong...
You're spot on.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #92
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
From a Drive article. The 1/4 panels and bonnet are hardly 70% of the car's sheetmetal, so what else has been changed??
New Territory also has new rear qtr's.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #93
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Those colours suit the Terry very well for what it is, I mean a bright yellow terry would just look plain wrong!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #94
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Hmmm, thank's for putting up the colour range, I allway's thought White would be the pick but I'm dying to see Chill and Smoke now.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #95
falcon convert

Yeah, Smoke looks smokin'. Need to see it in the metal, but to me it looks like the pick of the palette.
falcon convert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #96
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
Those colours suit the Terry very well for what it is, I mean a bright yellow terry would just look plain wrong!
There are a few "hero" colours like Bionic and Blood Orange examples getting about, but they look like backside.

That colour range is quite good.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #97
bmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
We have been talking about this Terri for what seems like a year now and it is still 3 months away. OMG. Just like the LPG Falcon. In the meantime I've seen other makers models come and seemingly keep on coming taking sales away from Ford. Sorry I am Ford through and through but they are just too slow at bringing new stuff.
I agree. Its just taking them way to long to develop new products. They need to pick up the pace without losing quality.
bmorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #98
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Dont need sleeping pills anymore...
Maybe I could post you some "happy pills"....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #99
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just saw a big billboard in Sydney on Victoria rd leaving the city.. Picture of the new territory & the worlds of "new Territory coming soon".. Or something like that..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #100
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Just saw a big billboard in Sydney on Victoria rd leaving the city.. Picture of the new territory & the worlds of "new Territory coming soon".. Or something like that..
Excellent. They need to launch this car with some real vigour. Get it out there with positive reviews before the new Captiva (which won't hold a candle to it) is launched with the usual GMHolden hyperbole.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #101
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
Not really.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #102
FalconBrian
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Not really.
.. .the
FalconBrian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #103
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Hehe that yellow Terri looks.......interesting. IMO, for some reason, brighter colours dont look as good on the FG as they did on the B series. The FG just seems to be...bigger looking? So brighter colours dont really go as well as its almost too much...? Now we have an example of an even bigger vehicle in a very bright colour...and i still think it doesn't work.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #104
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sad that I'm quoting myself!!! But I've now see 2 bill boards in Sydney with the new territory is coming.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #105
BleedBlue

Is it just me or does it look alot taller than the current model in the side shot (on the "New Territory" website)?
Life is a path, Death a destination
BleedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #106
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Looks brilliant, and should sell very well. I'm familiar with the engine, working at a Land Rover dealer. Shame they couldn't use the new 3 litre, but cost would have prohibited I'd imagine. If it comes with the same spec 145kw/440nm as it does in the discovery, it should go very well considering it will weigh close to 400kg less than a disco.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #107
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Sad that I'm quoting myself!!! But I've now see 2 bill boards in Sydney with the new territory is coming.
there is at least 1 here in adelaide too. i meant to take a pic of it and put it up seeing as how ford always get hammered about their advertising.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #108
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Looks brilliant, and should sell very well. I'm familiar with the engine, working at a Land Rover dealer. Shame they couldn't use the new 3 litre, but cost would have prohibited I'd imagine. If it comes with the same spec 145kw/440nm as it does in the discovery, it should go very well considering it will weigh close to 400kg less than a disco.
Have you been in any TDV6 engined vehicles which have had tuning done on them? The common figures are 170kW/530Nm. Some are saying 180kW/540Nm like the bottom graph on this link.

http://www.deaconauto.com.au/tunning.html

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #109
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Have you been in any TDV6 engined vehicles which have had tuning done on them? The common figures are 170kW/530Nm. Some are saying 180kW/540Nm like the bottom graph on this link.

http://www.deaconauto.com.au/tunning.html
Hey mate, I've driven quite a few discos, mostly new or near new, so I very much doubt that any have been modified. The ones I did drive seemed to have fairly similar performance which was reasonable but in the lighter Territory I think will be excellent. I'm sure this motor when modified in a Territory will perform amazingly too.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #110
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Has anyone popped the bonnet on one of these? I would like to know if things like the radiator support are carried over from the old BA based one, or if its has an FG based composite radiator support. Also, are the lights based of BA units with a new lense and reflector set up or FG based?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #111
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Can't comment on the rad support.
But lights are neither B-series or FG ... they are very Mondeo-esque with projectors ... actually a lot sleeker really (better looking)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post