Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #61
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Burnouts at another funeral

look what happend to the street machine summer nats. can anyone remember why the street cruise was cancelled and now held on an oval, oh ya it was people who knew what they were doing and running into crowds on the side of the road. must have been the crowd that didnt know what they were doin
Old 05-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #62
shepv8
V8's for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper8
look what happend to the street machine summer nats. can anyone remember why the street cruise was cancelled and now held on an oval, oh ya it was people who knew what they were doing and running into crowds on the side of the road. must have been the crowd that didnt know what they were doin
LOL, no that was the super skilled drivers who never stuff up doing safe burnouts on public roads . It must have been someones funeral at those summernats, because everyone was paying their respects and grieving by driving like morons..dosent matter what the act is, its always safe till something goes wrong. Survival of the fittest.....or should that be most intelligent
Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #63
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

After what happened to Troy Critchely ... http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1111113772105

And this a week or so later... http://www.wmctv.com/story/6714667/f...type=printable

And this from a Honda forum of all places...

"I think the event organizers and promoters are as much or more to blame then anyone... they are the ones responsible for making sure it is a safe event. They obviously planned/ encouraged the drivers to do the burnouts and whatnot without evaluating it properly.

They are the ones to blame, unfortunately the driver should have not done it on the street or even shut it down after cleaning the tires but thats obvious in hind sight. He is directly responsible for what happened but not the sum of it or the root cause IMO. Of course I dont agree with the judgement of the full burnout but as someone else said there could have been mechanical issues or whatnot we dont know (media has not told us) in play there. Back to my point though, it would not have happened had the promoters not encouraged it in the first place without proper measures to ensure the safety of the spectators (which should be the #1 priority).

It was an accident and unfortunately the driver has to live with it, but I dont think the blame rests squarely on his shoulders. The families should be filing suit agianst those who planned and organized the event. Yes they choose to go to the event and place themselves in that atmosphere but when you go to these events... you dont expect the drivers to be asked to do burnouts and whatnot without proper safety considerations (which is common sense). These people had to expect that safety concerns were evaluated properly, almost anything done like this is the same. Think of how many times you have been to similar events that can end in loss of life if things go wrong but it does not... usually it is not because of a lack of accidents, wrecks, fires, explosions, etc... it is proper attention by event organizers and promoter to safety. I have seen many possibly injury's or worse avoided at events (even those without burnouts encouraged/ allowed) because the responcible people understand and evaluate the possible situations and in doing so know that anything can happen (plan for the worst, hope for the best).

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those injured or killed... and also the driver whom I dont think intentionally wanted to hurt anyone. Its very sad when accidents like this happen."

I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw these pics on another forum...

The condoning of this event given the constant heavy handedness of fines given out and the threat of impoundment up here for dropping a skid at the lights , makes me not want to take my ride out again.

How can a P plater have their car impounded for 48hrs for spinning the wheels all alone in the middle of the night YET others be allowed to Powerslide through a crowd of onlookers while defacing public property ??

The mind boggles..

There will be much more to flow on from this trust me .
Old 05-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #64
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
, its always safe till something goes wrong. Survival of the fittest.....or should that be most intelligent
Better ban driving then, hang on scissors to they can hurt someone, lets stop kids playing jump rope they might get it caught around a tree and hang themselves.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #65
StrokedXT
Banned

[QUOTE=XR6menace
There will be much more to flow on from this trust me .[/QUOTE]

only because a bunch of self righteous ******* wont let it go and live in fear of the big bad burnout monster.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #66
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but not too many rocket scientists in the crowd there by the looks of things.....

Mentality of the garden variety idiot really. Get killed doing dumb stuff then your simpleton worshippers celebrate by doing the same rubbish that got the subject person killed in the first place.

Behold the Jim Beam generation.........
so the person died doing a burnout?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #67
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Sudszy, you have never done a burnout, you have no idea just how harmless they are.
I suppose not, but nor have I shot a gun through a shopping mall either, so based on your logic I should accept either as safe practice.

Burnouts, I try to get 100 000km out of my tyres, not 100seconds, what could be more brainless......nothing comes to mind.

Oh, it teaches you car handling skills?? just go and do a motorkhana event on slippery grass, you can spin the wheels and get the same thrills/skilss without making a toxic plume and keeping Bridgestone exectives rolling in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
The fact that the police are just going to collect the revenue is proof of that .
This I do have concerns about, the police stood back and did nothing, perhaps they had reasons as mentioned ^, didnt want to start a riot etc, though I have suspicions they were just perhaps into self preservation(cant be too critical of that) to enforce the law on these dimwits. Certainly the question needs to be asked and addressed.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #68
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
This I do have concerns about, the police stood back and did nothing, perhaps they had reasons as mentioned ^, didnt want to start a riot etc, though I have suspicions they were just perhaps into self preservation(cant be too critical of that) to enforce the law on these dimwits. Certainly the question needs to be asked and addressed.
They shouldn't have stood back, that directly flies in the face of the hoon laws.

They have a badge, why didn't they use it?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #69
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of you people are being too hard. It was a tribute to a fallen brother. It's like when my mate died robbing a bank after a massive shootout where 10 people got killed. We thought it was a fitting tribite to my mate to go cap 10 people and rob a bank in the process. Come on, in the spirit of the funeral and memory of my mate, we all thought it was a great way to pay a tribute to him. Police even allowed it to happen, then came after us later. Something about breaking the law.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #70
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Some of you people are being too hard. It was a tribute to a fallen brother. It's like when my mate died robbing a bank after a massive shootout where 10 people got killed. We thought it was a fitting tribite to my mate to go cap 10 people and rob a bank in the process. Come on, in the spirit of the funeral and memory of my mate, we all thought it was a great way to pay a tribute to him. Police even allowed it to happen, then came after us later. Something about breaking the law.
As far as I'm aware the fellas didnt die doing a burnout, no one has in Australia as far as I am aware so the shooting people crap is just that and not relevant at all.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #71
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So if someone dies of alcohol poisoning, you celebrate by getting drunk?
You talk about "tributes" and memories.... what about appropriate public behavour? Whenever a "bikie" is killed, you see a nice procession of 100s of bikers.. surrounded usually by dozens of police cars to keep in check.

suddenly idiotic behavour in public is acceptable as long as its a "tribute"

Grow up seriously...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 05-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #72
WMD351
Size it up

Quote:
That's just selfish and immature Bucky, didn't you ever stop to consider that some of those ten people you shot could have gotten hurt?
It's people like you who give all of us decent and honest bank robbers a bad name.
And we don't like the label "bank robber", we prefer to call ourselves "monetary enthusiasts".

Last edited by WMD351; 05-06-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #73
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Grow up seriously...
Did you quote the wrong post or just not read it?

Doing burnouts in the fashion they did was disrespectful of every other wife, brother, mother, father, sister, child etc of anyone else whose life will be celebrated at that location for some time to come.

There was enough people there that could have kicked the tin to hire a venue and go nuts... have a big bender and remember their mate as they see fit without defiling a place sacred to most.

The burnouts themselves do not trouble me at all, it's the bloody mess they left.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #74
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Pretty sure Austin wasn't serious.....
Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #75
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
You talk about "tributes" and memories.... what about appropriate public behavour? Whenever a "bikie" is killed, you see a nice procession of 100s of bikers.. surrounded usually by dozens of police cars to keep in check.

Grow up seriously...
Check your "sarcasm detector button" Jim, i think it's stuck in the off position...

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 05-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #76
Matty4
Banana

Quote:

Grow up seriously...
You're being a bit of a Goose, Jim.
Even I can see the tongue planted firmly in the cheek

As for the topic, it absolutely staggers me that there are people that condone this type of behaviour and furthermore, are encouraging it when they themselves die
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #77
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

okay so some gang member gets shot, lets all pull out our nines and shoot at the sky to "mourn the loss" or somebody dies in a plane crash, lets hold his funeral on a plane or somebody dies scuba diving lets hold his funeral underwater or somebody dies of a cocaine overdose so lets all do cokaine at the persons' funeral these things are all inappropriate so how is doing burn outs at the funeral of somebody who died in a car crash appropriate, sorry I just dont understand

they didn't hold Steve Irwins' funeral in a stingray tank now did they?

some of the responses on this thread really defy belief and logic?

if that is the way you wish to pay your respects organize a legal off street event and raise money, use the money raised to assist the family in their time of loss and need this is much more how I would like to be remembered knowing that my friends are looking out for my family

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 05-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #78
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
only because a bunch of self righteous ******* wont let it go and live in fear of the big bad burnout monster.
I'm sorry , did you say something ?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #79
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Seeing the person/s died enjoyed doing burnouts, (assumption of course), wouldn't have been more appropriate to hire a venue that is approved for this sort of sport? (Yes burnouts are a form of sport)

After all, funerals generally take about a week to organise, so I'd assume it would have been reasonable time to try and organise a venue to pay this sort of tribute to the person/s that passed on, instead of doing this sort of crap on the streets where it is frowned upon.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #80
LTDHO
The one and only

Was anyone hurt or injured?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #81
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Was anyone hurt or injured?
Not on this occasion, but that's not the point
Old 05-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #82
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Raggy
Not on this occasion, but that's not the point
The last time there were burnouts at a funeral, was anyone hurt or injured?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #83
B4GHI4
Just Cruiz'n

There is 3 types of people answering here:
1. The majority who understand that it was wrong and only causes us all grief in the long run,
2. The ***** who truly thinks this was good and wishes they were there as well, and
3. The **** who is posting rubbish just to **** people off.

I think 3 pages of this is enough. How about closing this one moderators?

Cheers everyone.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #84
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All you guys defending these clowns... You do realise that people like them doing things like this are the reason that the laws -- and public opinion -- are so tough on car hobbyists, right?

The public will NEVER discriminate between hoons and self-appointed "true enthusiasts", so it's up to you to dissociate yourselves from this kind of behaviour by discouraging it. But if you're happy to have your hobby further marginalised in the public eye, go right ahead and stick up for this kind of stuff...
Old 05-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #85
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
The last time there were burnouts at a funeral, was anyone hurt or injured?
So at work when one of the crew come up to me and point out a hazard, do I assess the hazard and make a decision on whether it's safe or not, or do i sit on my *** and ask if anyone has been hurt or killed ?? if the answer is no, do i then tell the individual to stop wasting my time and come back when someone has...??

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #86
mrfordfairmont
351 clevo

the some of the burnouts we prearranged but there were some took it too far as fatty was part of the rebels.

2004 territory ghia
click here for pics
work daily ke laser ghia RIP
click here for pics
Daily EF II fairmont wagon RIP
click here for pics
XD 351 clevo lowered
click here for pics

thanks to
p.e.a.c.h performance at stafford
http://www.peachperformance.com
Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #87
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i could`nt agree more..... MoreXbs, a better tribute to their mate would be to turn up neatly dressed to funeral neat an tidy and show some consideration to the dudes family, by all means have a wake or do burnouts elsewhere later with your mates.
So Plus#@%$^$$# plus for this comment!!!
I'm a parent and I wonder what some other parents must think when their kids mates pull this ****!. Show some respect for the years that a dedicated parent has put into bringing their kids up, to have them lost to a moment of pressure from their peers to do something so pointless as scrubbing $100 worth of rubber off their tyres to proove something to their mates. Go to a strip/track...whatever , (and if there isn't one around...then count to 10 before you come in your pants that you haven't impressed someone), grow up!!(and ,no that doesn't mean get old!!)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #88
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

You guys are all missing the point, we need to ban driving full stop. There's too much of a risk of someone getting killed.

****** Happens
Car enthusiest will and always have had a bad name for hooning and being totally awesome
Media will always blow things out of proportion
People will always bi** about whatever happens
No one has a perfect moral sense, except for half the users on this forum, of course...

Who cares guys. It was their mate who died, they can do whatever the hell they want to do as a tribute (oh no it's illegal D: )
There's more chance of killing more people whilst driving in heavy rain then there is of a slow burnout as such. even then, World keeps on spinning guys, stop trying to make it perfect.

Just keep seated and enjoy the ride...
Old 05-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #89
Road Games

Not perfect mate .. Just a little bit consistant !!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #90
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
You guys are all missing the point, we need to ban driving full stop. There's too much of a risk of someone getting killed.

****** Happens
Car enthusiest will and always have had a bad name for hooning and being totally awesome
Media will always blow things out of proportion
People will always bi** about whatever happens
No one has a perfect moral sense, except for half the users on this forum, of course...

Who cares guys. It was their mate who died, they can do whatever the hell they want to do as a tribute (oh no it's illegal D: )
There's more chance of killing more people whilst driving in heavy rain then there is of a slow burnout as such. even then, World keeps on spinning guys, stop trying to make it perfect.

Just keep seated and enjoy the ride...

The media didnt blow anything out of proportion...
Tell me something when ever there is a state funeral... do they just go out and do it? or do they employ barricades, traffic control, police, notify road users? Of course they do, are you saying these idiots are more important then any other funeral "tribute"?

I dont think anyone here has gone on too much about the dangers, but the fact that idiots like this, who are selfish, ignorant morons who dont care about the law and take it upon themselves to block a road for an hour and act like dimwits in public is the real issue.

Do you honeslty think that media attension like this will be a good thing?
Next time another "hoon" law is amended, or fines increased, or car crushing becomes the norm, think about it....

The actions of a few will HARM the greater majority, it gives all the doo gooders, the police, the law makers all the excuses to bring in more and more restrictions to the every day driver.

Clearly some of you cant see this... and it seems those that dont see it, dont care. Well next time you all WHINGE about Police, or WHINGE about the laws being too restrictive, its because of actions like this which bring about our downfall.

XC willo let me put it this way..
You just joined the army, you will learn quick that if you behave badly in public and its reported to the media that your in the Army, your gonna be paying for it. Defence has had a lot of bad press the past 12months and a lot of ***** have been kicked. Its the same in society. No difference.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Closed Thread