Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #91
sudszy
Banned

Default Re: Burnouts at another funeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
The actions of a few will HARM the greater majority, it gives all the doo gooders, the police, the law makers all the excuses to bring in more and more restrictions to the every day driver..
Jim, I think we are on the same page about this burnout in a public space as moronic, yet I dont see how this is going to affect the "true" enthusiast, unless they have questionable/illegal mods and perform actions on the road that are not permitted.

I cant see how its going to unduly affect the everyday driver either, what restrictions are going to be imposed on them due to morons doing burnouts?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #92
B4GHI4
Just Cruiz'n

I guess your signature says it all XCwillo.....p plater...no offence to other p platers....

You seem to have the attitude that you will have fun regardless of anyone else, as long as you enjoy yourself.

Yes, the rain is dangerous, maybe because all the idiots who like to do burnouts on public roads, and generally whose cars cannot do it in the dry, are out and about?....I live just down from a set of lights and when it rains, the moron factor increases tenfold, all the wannabe burnout kings....

I enjoy the burnout comps at events, you'll see me in the front row cheering with the best of them, and I respect the guys and their cars and the money they have spent on them....but I get really ****ed at the public road heroes because they are the reason that the public has a poor opinion of car enthusiasts in general...to ALL the public road heroes posting here, not only does the public think you are losers, so do the majority of other car enthusiasts....again, I am not referring to all p plate drivers here and there are plenty of older (?..in age maybe anyway) drivers here that I am referring to.
I'm not perfect, I enjoy driving my car with spirit occasionally, but I am definitely not a public road hero (loser). In over 30yrs of driving cars trucks and bikes, I have been stopped by the law many times, I have never had a sticker and only had 1 speeding ticket.

Cheers
Old 05-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #93
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Whilst i dont condone this sort of carry on, you have to admit Moff and DJ doing burnouts at PB's funeral would have been a much better tribute than a Eulogy....

Tongue firmly in cheek, just in case...
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #94
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
The last time there were burnouts at a funeral, was anyone hurt or injured?
That isn't the point, I'll explain later in the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
You guys are all missing the point, we need to ban driving full stop. There's too much of a risk of someone getting killed.

Who cares guys. It was their mate who died, they can do whatever the hell they want to do as a tribute (oh no it's illegal D: )
There's more chance of killing more people whilst driving in heavy rain then there is of a slow burnout as such. even then, World keeps on spinning guys, stop trying to make it perfect.

Just keep seated and enjoy the ride...
Yes, but there is a place and a time and outside a freakin' cemetary isn't the place, its supposed to be a place to pay respect and that includes the rest of the dead who reside there, not just the new kid on the block.

I'd be very offended if one of my family members was also buried on the same day and a bunch of morons start frying tyres outside the cemetary as a "tribute".

Its even worse that the police didn't do anything about it.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #95
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldfart
There is 3 types of people answering here:
1. The majority who understand that it was wrong and only causes us all grief in the long run,
2. The ***** who truly thinks this was good and wishes they were there as well, and
3. The **** who is posting rubbish just to **** people off.

I think 3 pages of this is enough. How about closing this one moderators?

Cheers everyone.

Don't feed the trolls
Old 05-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #96
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Jim, I think we are on the same page about this burnout in a public space as moronic, yet I dont see how this is going to affect the "true" enthusiast, unless they have questionable/illegal mods and perform actions on the road that are not permitted.

I cant see how its going to unduly affect the everyday driver either, what restrictions are going to be imposed on them due to morons doing burnouts?
Sudzy as far as i can work out you havn't left your house in years... the reality is for those in the modified car scene we will now be targeted whether we have a blower out of the bonnet or not !

Sitting behind the keyboard does not make you an informed person on this subject .. myself however i am nervous to remove my ride from the garage !!!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #97
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
You guys are all missing the point, we need to ban driving full stop. There's too much of a risk of someone getting killed.

****** Happens
Car enthusiest will and always have had a bad name for hooning and being totally awesome
Media will always blow things out of proportion
People will always bi** about whatever happens
No one has a perfect moral sense, except for half the users on this forum, of course...

Who cares guys. It was their mate who died, they can do whatever the hell they want to do as a tribute (oh no it's illegal D: )
There's more chance of killing more people whilst driving in heavy rain then there is of a slow burnout as such. even then, World keeps on spinning guys, stop trying to make it perfect.

Just keep seated and enjoy the ride...
Bungy..I've seen a few of your posts...you are a young kid and one day you may know a thing or two...till you do , don't presume to talk for people who know a little more than (note it is than, not then ),you do.

"Who cares guys. It was their mate who died, they can do whatever the hell they want to do as a tribute (oh no it's illegal D: )"

Read my (and others ) posts , and I can tell you, ( I am a "car enthusiast", and an old guy who has done some s#it before...read some previous posts), if someone decided that this was the way they were going to pay their respects at a funeral for a child of mine who had been lost to a motor accident /natural cause,, whatever, then I would say put the moron in a box next to them ,cause this is exactly where they will end up.
Wake up to the real world and realise that you are going to be a little older than 21 one day.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #98
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Anyone who thinks this was acceptable behaviour needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

To call anti-social behaviour that provides fodder to those who would take our passion and enjoyment in our cars away from us a "tribute" is to make a mockery of all that this forum stands for.

This thread has run it's course.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread