Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Firebell AU3SR

Default Drivers Door Stuck???

Hi All,

Just arrived home and went to open the drivers door as normal but I got no response from the inside handle (stiff as). Also tried the outside handle via the window- no response!! Got out via passengers side and tried with the key , no response with little turn. If I lock my car with the key pad without leaving a window down, I will not be able to open it again. Any ideas how I can get the door open and what has gone wrong in regards to the lock?? Where is the best place to take the car too??

cheers

Steve

Firebell AU3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Drivers Door Stuck???

My first move would to ring a few panel beaters, explain the problem and ask if they have a fix for it.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Firebell AU3SR

Thanks GasOLane for your reply.

UPDATE:

I finally got the door open by pulling & pulling on the snipper rod and the interior handle at the same time. After removing the door trim etc, I soon discovered that the section of the actuator that controls the rods has seized up.I will be replacing the actuator tomorrow with a new one.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Firebell AU3SR

UPDATE:
New actuator installed and everything is back to normal again.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
im bak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebell AU3SR
UPDATE:
New actuator installed and everything is back to normal again.
May I ask how much a new actuator cost? New or reco? I have a similar issue....but not jamming, using remote will not close or open car, but key will.
im bak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
Firebell AU3SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by im bak
May I ask how much a new actuator cost? New or reco? I have a similar issue....but not jamming, using remote will not close or open car, but key will.
Cost me $140 all up (Trade via a mate) new from Ford. The BA/BF Actuator is a big improvement over the orignal AU one (more metal parts and a built in guide for the door handle rod). The door now closes much better. When you purchase the actuator you also have to purchase a wire harness adapter (different plugs between models) and a new door handle rod due to the change in angle.

In your case, it sounds like your plastic cog has broken which is a common problem. I replaced my 12 months ago. You can buy them on Ebay or upgrade with a complete new actuator.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I've bought two from these guys, cheap fast service (overnight post) 3 years ago and had no problems yet.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/STRUT-ACTU...2&_sc=1&_sop=1