Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
Wink

Default AUIII XR6 VCT Cams?

Hello.

Wondering if there has been anyone that has gone down the path of fitting aftermarket cams to the AU engine with VCT?

If so, what was your experiences?

I am thinking of going down this path, though would also require either a J3 if it supports the VCT or an aftermarket computer too help adjust the VCT too suit cam.

I am aware of people disconnecting VCT or removing the VCT etc. Though I don't want to go down that road, not yet anyway.

I would say it is possible, though anyone else have any experience?

Thanks

Wink is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: AUIII XR6 VCT Cams?

Joe @ cresent motor sport in Sydney has done a few regrind cams. a stage 1/2 cam can be fitted and doesn't require a tune. however for best results you would tune (most use SCT X3 Cal flashers but i hear J3 is good to)
a Stage 3 cam needs valve springs upgraded. unsure if it needs tuning.

best to talk to him but i've thought about it my self.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Wink

Yeah, I've seen your posts man on you build thread. been watching you hahaha.

Wade has told me he can do them, though the cam i am after will require chip/tune/flash. I have also got in contact with T.I Performance about their J3 chips an they also state that the J3 supports VCT to do the tune. So looks like I will be going down that path.

If you go through with it, let me know your results.
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Day-mow
rexnet

hhah sweet.

depends on what happens with $$$ etc man. seeing as im gonna sell my X3 cal flasher im less hesitant to put a cam in but i may still do a stage 2.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post