Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #6031
09FTG
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all, I, like you, appreciate everyone's efforts gone into making this forum site a wealth full of knowledge/ experience and a bit of sh!t entertainment for our own benefits, thank you.
09FTG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #6032
dragon
Starter Motor

Hi thank you for this great site. I have a 2017 Ranger XLT.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #6033
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn460 View Post
Thank you for adding me to this forum. I have a stock 1968, 460 big block working through a C6 transmission to a 9 inch 2.75 ratio diff in my Auburn Boat Tail Speedster. Looking forward to tips on maintenance and tuning.
Oh my goodness what a thing of beauty!

Welcome to all, but Auburn you need to start a thread on your car!
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 11:45 AM   #6034
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Hi all, apologies for taking some time to say g'day.
Thanks to the Director and admins, the knowledge consolidated here is amazing.
I drive a 2013 G6ET, less than 50,000 on the clock.

I used to have XC coup, bought an XD police car and swapped the drivetrain.
RIP to that car, written off a few days after I sold it.

Thanks again ... everybody
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #6035
Tropo
Starter Motor

Hi folks, I am a returned member as I used to be known as Eagleman1 and am now known as Tropo (real name Chris). I live in Westbury, Tasmania. I have a '95 Fairlane Ghia and a '93 Volvo 850 GLE SE (yes I know all the flat cap jokes). Am looking for parts for the Fairlane althow there are a few Volvo parts I need also.
Tropo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2020, 11:18 AM   #6036
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Welcome everyone
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #6037
sumersandhu87
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day ford wizards, new member here.
Just wanted to ask i have a BA wagon with 250ks and the front seats are buggered. Anyone knows what's the best seats to swap them with. Bought some fairmont ghia seats but got stuck with the electronic drivers side and couldn't figure out the wiring. Any recommendations. Thanks
sumersandhu87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #6038
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumersandhu87 View Post
Just wanted to ask i have a BA wagon with 250ks and the front seats are buggered. Anyone knows what's the best seats to swap them with. Bought some fairmont ghia seats but got stuck with the electronic drivers side and couldn't figure out the wiring. Any recommendations. Thanks
Check out the AU-BF forum, someone there may be able to help.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 09-08-2020, 02:12 AM   #6039
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumersandhu87 View Post
You have the best seats in my opinion. You need to add only 2 to 3 connections to get them operational. I have them set up for both my RTVs. You should also provide an ignition feed to prevent the memory seat function from activating while driving.
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2020, 01:49 PM   #6040
denmoor
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, thanks to admin for adding me to this forum. I'm in NZ and have a 2012 Ford Territory. Recently we noticed when we stop and reverse a horrible smell comes out of the air vents. Took out the cabin air filter and noticed rat or mice poo on the filter ! Yuk ! Put my hand in can't feel anything. Question is where are the air intakes etc for the cabin air flow? Hopefully won't have to dismantle whole dash but would be good to try and find the source. I guess eventually it will dry up haha !
denmoor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:20 PM   #6041
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmoor View Post
Question is where are the air intakes etc for the cabin air flow?
Cabin air filter behind the glove box.

Open the box, pull the clip down (middle at the top) and the box will come down and can be removed from the hinges, pull out while its down from memory.

In front of the black box inside, slide the front rectangular panel to the left.

Pull out cabin filter. Search it for youtube, cleaned mine a week or two ago, google told me yours is the same
Old 09-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #6042
denmoor
Starter Motor

Thanks - yes I know where the air filter is behind the glovebox, I was inquiring about where is the external air intake. I wondered if it was some part of the grills where the wipers are. Ultimately I'm wanting to see if there is somehow a dead rat or mouse in the system
denmoor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2020, 07:43 PM   #6043
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmoor View Post
Thanks - yes I know where the air filter is behind the glovebox, I was inquiring about where is the external air intake. I wondered if it was some part of the grills where the wipers are. Ultimately I'm wanting to see if there is somehow a dead rat or mouse in the system
Have you checked out the Territory Forums?

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=387
Old 10-08-2020, 11:39 PM   #6044
Tow_Ute XL V8
Starter Motor

Hey Guys

I am a returning ford ute owner. I used to have an xr6 turbo but, sold it and moved overseas (was meant to be for the long haul). Recently bought myslelf an Xl Ba Ute with the 5.4l V8 (3 valve SOHC) engine.

Bought it as a parts chariot and a tow vehicle when the "race" car is built.

I will likely mostly be picking at people brains about this or that until I get the ute how I like it, in regards to brakes etc

There are a few more immediate issues that I need to get sorted and will definitely bve annoying folks about that

Look forward to chattinhg with you all

Peace!!
Tow_Ute XL V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2020, 02:49 AM   #6045
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Welcome, we occasionally stop talking about pandemics and fix cars instead.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #6046
xwfordman
Starter Motor

Gday to all the ford fans great to be apart of it all,I’ll jump straight in my n/a 07 bf xr6 is throwing a lean fuel code in one bank I’ve already done the filter have recently added a kn pod and I’ve been told it could be my pump light surging when cold and feels flat when you pin it past the h*****s,any insight would be much appreciated and thanks for your help in advance!
xwfordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2020, 03:02 PM   #6047
Crippy
Starter Motor

Hi everybody, my name's Chris. Long time territory owner first time poster. I'm on my second territory now, a 2012 awd diesel. It has a couple of issues that I'm hoping you guys can help with. The passenger floor is wet and i can't find the a.c drain to check if it's blocked or dislodged and i have an egr 'b' fault. The code relates to a low resistance i think so wondering if it just needs changing. Any info would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Crippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #6048
@JackBullock
Starter Motor

Smile Hey Guy and Girls

Hey Crew,

New member here, have recently purchase at 2009 Fiesta I'm really happy with it looking for a few little mods here and there. Mainly cosmetic I would like to lower it a little bit as it driving a bit like a boat plus I like to look of a bit lower. I'm thinking maybe 30/40mm? Any advice on what springs etc to get and is it easy to do yourself I'm sure I will find a three on here somewhere.

I also have 2009 Mondeo Wagon as a family car.

www.instagram.com/jackbullock

Ford Fiesta WS Zetec Hatch MK7 1.6L - 2009
Ford Mondeo MB Zetec Wagon/Estate mk4 2.3L - 2009
@JackBullock is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #6049
Rocketmanmatty
Starter Motor

Lightbulb Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi new member currently driving in 2013 PX 1 ranger (chrome grill) just wondering if there’s anybody with a decent suggestion of a front and mainly a rear bar.
Probably prefer the Polished alloy front bar for weight to save putting any spring kit in not needing winch just a couple of lights on it, something with a couple and in the High top loop bar style.

But what for the back bar?! I would’ve like something matching but other than the Ford standard chrome one, there’s not a lot of really decent looking ones out there?
Any feedback would be appreciated not really keen on that Matt black square chunk looking junk ones that are coming out of ARB and the like?
Cheers safe driving 😎✌🏼
Rocketmanmatty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #6050
Warre
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

My name is Malcolm Warren my project car is an xm ford coupe built in1964 i found it with no running gear rusty floor and cut out transmission tunnel so I decided it would be easier to modify than restore . I bought an ELFord 5 litre v8 with a factory fitted 5 speed with Ticford enhancement . It was still registered so I drove the car for 3 months . The first course of action was to replace from fire wall to back seat section with the modified el floor pan . I found an excellent guy who restores cars back to rust free condition. He does excellent work file finished and under coated only.he takes photos and has no problems showing you work in progress and pay for work done step by step as it progresses along .Fantastic no big money shock in one lump. Have not heard of anyone else doing it this way . Cheers Malcolm W.
Warre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 02:21 PM   #6051
Niftymac
Starter Motor

Hi, Thanks for the add, just became a new owner of a Ford Ranger FX4 2020. Still tweaking things, 6 week delay to get canopy from Victoria due to COVID :-( , on its way finally to Sydney for install on Monday. Same with drawers, 5 week lead time with the ones I chose. With no one travelling it seems everyone is going crazy with buying 4x4's and doing upgrades, all our 4x4 shops are as busy as ever . Once completed will post some pics. Looking forward to see what everyone is doing with the Rangers.
PS - is there a trick to posting pics? just tried to upload one photo and it just failed? no advice why?
Niftymac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #6052
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftymac View Post
photo just failed? advice why?
Size.. error is at the top. 146kb for pics
Old 13-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #6053
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftymac View Post
Once completed will post some pics. Looking forward to see what everyone is doing with the Rangers.
PS - is there a trick to posting pics? just tried to upload one photo and it just failed? no advice why?
Posting pics is easiest with Postimage, just don't forget to post them in the Ranger Forum not in this thread please
https://postimages.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Size[/url].. error is at the top. 146kb for pics
That's the avatar size, Donating members avatars can be 195.3 KB .

Any size pic can be posted (within reason) using an external site.
Old 14-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #6054
ausjohn
Starter Motor

Hello everybody hope you are all staying safe I am John I own a 1983 XE Spac
would anyone have any idea were I can but the heat cover that goes on the EGR pipe
ausjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2020, 10:57 PM   #6055
MikeGof
Starter Motor

G'day all.

My name is Mike.
I have an 2001 AUIII Fairmont Ghia which I bought secondhand 15 years ago. It has been a great car but starting to get a few niggles which I have been trying to solve, which is how I landed here. What a great resource this forum is. Thanks to all contributors!
MikeGof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #6056
David R Goard

Hi. I'm David. I'm new here. I have a Territory sz. I've installed new rear coil springs 20mm higher. Have a wining noise in the rear & avibation after get the rear diff mounts replaced & a diff seal replaced. At first I was told that noise was from the neoprene bushers. So I had them replaced with original ford parts. Still getting the same noise & vibration getting worse. Then I was told from a mechanic that I need to replace the rear CV axles. Done that still the same noise & vibration. I had rear diff checked out at first & was told it was good. Has any one had the same problem & found the solution? Just private message me or call me on 0412077436 Sydney Australia.

Last edited by David R Goard; 16-08-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: An after thought.
David R Goard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #6057
Fella
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, my names Chris
first time posting, I've been a member for a while now. I enjoy working on all old cars but mainly Fords. I'm working on an XY Sedan at the moment, some days are great. Other days it feels like I'm taking 2 steps backwards but that's the joys of building cars I guess
Fella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #6058
BAFALCONMK2
Mental Mark

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey everyone i'm Marcus, i'm only 16 and my ute has become a backyard covid project now that Victoria is in lock down again . ive made a few posts already and the response from the FF community was great . ill be on here any time possible so if your up for a chat pm me...
Old 18-08-2020, 06:11 PM   #6059
nf56
Starter Motor

Hi I am nf56 have just purchased 1994 p/v and am hoping I can get help with a Barra transplant into my 1994 4 speed auto what do you all think is it possible cheers love this forum
nf56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #6060
roscoe
Starter Motor

Hi every one i am a newby here i drive a 2016 px 11 Ranger Wildtrack great to be in a like minded community
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post