Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
mondeomatureguy

Default This forum is great

Hi Guys,
Well because of this Covid 19 I am out of work at 61 years old. I don't give up in a hurry and I am still looking for work and will keep doing so.

I am not the only one and there are people in a worse situation then myself at the moment. This forum has been just great for me it helps me get things off my chest, have a laugh and learn things from you blokes.

May be in the future when the Virus is dead n gone we may be able to meet up for a dinner and a talk? if I had to I would drive to where ever that would take place.

So I want to "Thank you to all the guys that contribute on the Ford Forum great reading, great advice, and your all down to earth guys.

cheers
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 09:39 PM   #2
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: This forum is great

8 thanks but no advice.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 09:44 PM   #3
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
8 thanks but no advice.
and your point is?
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #4
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi Guys,
Well because of this Covid 19 I am out of work at 61 years old. I don't give up in a hurry and I am still looking for work and will keep doing so.

Keep the chin up mate, there's always someone worse off out there..
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on you MMG, it's a great topic actually.

If you think about what we've all been through so far this year, from bushfires of huge size to international pandemic, all of you are doing really well to even respond to it. I've been heartened with the threads here on AFF about depression: compared to where I grew up, just talking about anything like that is a huge milestone - and responses have been so supportive. It's been nice to talk to some of you in the messages as well. The forum is really down to earth and a huge hat tip to the mods, it doesn't get overly political - which can rip other online text forums of this type apart as the trauma gets channeled into two sides baying for blood on what can be silly concepts.

Have a laugh and learning things - this forum is a great source for tech, manuals of "how to" and a real depth of knowledge. It's a gem. As for the humour, there's such a depth of idiocy going on (from all sides) presently that it's a bumper season for witty, slightly troll-y comments. If you give someone a chuckle, you've done well today. Eg: if you are locked down and can't leave your home, is it OK to do burnouts in your own driveway? that was an epic pic btw...

MMG, wish you all the best, our family has been hit by it all as well, but I'm pretty confident Aussies shine their best in hardest times, I have the stories of my Grandparents back in the '30's to fall back on there. When it's all passed, it will be great to drive and catch up with everyone.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys,
There's people a lot of them in a worse situation then myself. My wife and I own our home and have done for a long time, own our two cars and like ever body else just have the bills that come in to pay.

There's people out there that have to pay rent, pay car loans and with out a job that must be so hard for them.
I know a lot of you guys are from Victoria and its in total lockdown which must be frustrating for all of you.

This forum gives every body a chance to vent there frustrations, and gives the guys n girls if there are any hear a chance to say what they want to say and even receive some good advice also.

When I joined the Ford Forum a years ago nearly i wasn't sure what to expect at first but after reading the posts that were written and nobody seemed up them selves just plain down to earth guys talking about there experiences and giving good advice.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post