Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default au s1 v8 auto irs vibration in reverse, some vibration at idle.

Hi again.
I have a somewhat strange issue as i seem to have a small vibration at idle and a larger vibration in reverse under load with the brakes on or when accelerating under load in reverse only.
The car also feels like it has a looseness in the driveline when on and off power and a little wiggle when the converter locks and unlocks up at highway speed or when the cruise control engages and disengages.
The irs is in good condition with new bushes and joints and wheel bearings, the diff has a tiny bit of backlash.
The half shafts have almost nil backlash.

With the bonnet up in drive and loaded a bit with the brakes on, the passenger engine mount does not seem to lift much, but in reverse loaded up it seems to lift a little more on the drivers side.

I think the vibration in reverse and the engine lifting a bit in reverse on the drivers side and the loose driveline feeling are related.

I have never really come across a car with failed drivers side mounts but anything is possible i suppose.

Any ideas?

Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post