Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 20-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #31
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I suppose the beauty of the KB kit is you can take it home and in 4 hours or so have the engine back to stock.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #32
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Granted but i'm sure that 99% of the time you could just show the paperwork for the base KB kit and be right to go, i had a cpa kit on my xr8 which wasn't engineered or adr'd and didnt have any dramas. Bluffed my way out of one or two yellow stickers but a adr sheet from a stock kit would have been perfect.
If you can bluff your way through life......fine. But some of us aren't prepared to take that risk.
Ian
Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #33
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
I suppose the beauty of the KB kit is you can take it home and in 4 hours or so have the engine back to stock.
Providing your engine was stock to start with. Mine unfortunately runs on 9.0:1 compression and has a non standard exhaust, but I get your point.
Ian
Old 21-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #34
Jason50
Boosted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
Thanks. I tried Ryno and they would only insure me with a supercharger if it was "state legal". As we all know they are not legal in any state if they weren't fitted to the car as original equipment as is the case with most mods. You would have to get an engineers certificate on your supercharger install stating that it met all emmission ADR's and that the driveline and brakes, etc could handle the extra power. God knows what that might cost. Shannons insured the GT-P as a "highly modified" vehicle with supercharger, etc, for $1435 incl.GST with an agreed value of $53000 and maximum no claim. I must admit I forgot to ask what the excess was, but under the circumstances is probably academic. That is also only taking the car out 2-3 times per week. RACQ on the other hand was insuring the car for $1201 at market value which they said was currently $43000 and maximum no claim and NO supercharger allowed, but naturally could take it out as often as you liked. I still think total ADR compliance would be the way to go, but in the meantime I am insured. Just have to make sure I am not pulled over by the police or Transport Department. Jeezuz life is difficult for the enthusiast. Not like the good old days.
Ian.
Are you sure your vehicle is really insured ?

I got a quote from Shannons for my car which has the KB kit like yours, but when I told them it is not engineered yet and I wanted that stated on the policy they backed out on me.

They are happy to take your money, but don't ask many questions of their own, like "do you have an engineers report". Beware...
Old 21-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #35
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason50
Are you sure your vehicle is really insured ?

I got a quote from Shannons for my car which has the KB kit like yours, but when I told them it is not engineered yet and I wanted that stated on the policy they backed out on me.

They are happy to take your money, but don't ask many questions of their own, like "do you have an engineers report". Beware...
Ryno specifically states that it has to be legal "in your state" whereas I haven't seen that mentioned on Shannons site. They (Shannons) told me that I would have to disclose all facts relating to all their questions and I told them that I had supercharged the engine myself and fitted a Herrod quad exhaust. They said that they would then have to classify me under "heavily modified" and at no stage did he say that the mods would have to be legal. I will wait until I receive the disclosure statement and then comment further, but I believe I have not held anything back and he made no mention of exceptions. In the new year I plan to look into getting an engineers certificate. I have been told by a reliable source that as you get the CO gases, etc, to compliance levels on the dyno the NOx gases will increase above compliance level. There are supposedly devices that can be fitted to the end of your injectors which will bring down the NOx gases to compliance levels and certainly worth investigating. I will report if I find there is any such devices.
Ian
Old 21-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #36
Jason50
Boosted...

Thats interesting information about the correct C0 levels leading to acceptable N0x levels. NSW do the test for free unlike Victoria, but getting an indication before the test could still save a lot of driving for repeat tests for me.

Look forward to hearing more about how you go with all this.

Cheers,

Jason.
Old 21-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #37
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

The car went on the dyno today to make sure that the air fuel ratio was safe and OK until Chris can come up and tune it properly. As you can see the rwkw was 296 but this was achieved at only 10 deg advance with normal advance being in the order of 16 deg (or is that 18 deg?) Bear in mind that each degree extra is worth about 25hp, so theoretically 16 deg advance should equate to about 408 rwkw. The boost is about 10psi. The tractive effort is the incredible figure being a max of just under 9000 (N) at under 2000rpm in third gear. No wonder it gets up and boogies from the beginning of 1st gear.
Ian
Old 22-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #38
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

The car went on the dyno today to make sure that the air fuel ratio was safe and OK until Chris can come up and tune it properly. As you can see the rwkw was 296 but this was achieved at only 10 deg advance with normal advance being in the order of 16 deg (or is that 18 deg?) Bear in mind that each degree extra is worth about 25hp, so theoretically 16 deg advance should equate to about 408 rwkw. The boost is about 10psi. The tractive effort is the incredible figure being a max of just under 9000 (N) at under 2000rpm in third gear. No wonder it gets up and boogies from the beginning of 1st gear.
Ian

Last edited by Aussie MustangGT; 29-07-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 22-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #39
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

wait untill you have the full power of it, when my ute was running a vortech it made 382rwkw's and i thought it was awsome untill chris told me what these kits will do. good onya mate

cheers Josh
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #40
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Below are a repeat of the pictures from my original post in this thread (thumbnails) so that people outside the Australian Ford Forums can see them without the need to register.

Old 23-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #41
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Im so jealous. I want onE!
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #42
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon
Im so jealous. I want onE!
Keep saving mate. Don't be jealous. Your turn will come.
Old 24-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #43
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
Keep saving mate. Don't be jealous. Your turn will come.
do you think you will put the original cover back on?
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #44
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Rob
do you think you will put the original cover back on?
No, I can't see the point. It would only cover the injectors anyway and would irretrievably be damaged if ever you wanted to go back to standard, plus I like the look of the supercharger being exposed. That is why I went for the quieter supposed ADR compliant Herrod quad exhaust. I plan not to cause attention to myself (famous last words) and have the law look under my bonnet until such times as I hopefully can get ADR compliance.
Ian.
Old 24-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #45
WASP
Whipple Induced

Ian,

Sorry for taking so long to see your post. The GT-P looks fantastic and your workmanship is superb. The peak figure will change once you advance the timing correctly. Also remember that your engine is fresh and tight still. I also like the look of the KB exposed being top mounted unit and with the series 1 black cam covers on. Well done and congratulations to all involved. Your GT-P is a great colour by the way.

Colville
Old 25-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #46
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Ian,

Sorry for taking so long to see your post. The GT-P looks fantastic and your workmanship is superb. The peak figure will change once you advance the timing correctly. Also remember that your engine is fresh and tight still. I also like the look of the KB exposed being top mounted unit and with the series 1 black cam covers on. Well done and congratulations to all involved. Your GT-P is a great colour by the way.

Colville
Thanks Colville for those kind comments. I just realized that I hadn't gotten around to a picture of the rear showing the quad exhaust system. The amount of cutting and shutting that I had to do to the pipe leading to the LH muffler to get the tips positioned exactly the same as the tips on the RH side was ridiculous, but now they are spot-on and look great. My colour (Manderin) replaced Blood Orange which apparently was FPV's most popular colour, but for some reason it would appear that my colour was not so popular and was dropped. Funnily the only sort of red or orange now is Vixen. I think it may depend on the paint treatment. I had a $600 treatment which seems to make the iridescent part really glow and it looks great. I have seen other cars with that colour looking really dull and lifeless.
Cheers, Ian
Old 26-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #47
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Ian,

Im glad you like the kit and the way it has transformed your car. There is no substitute for proven tried and tested gear installed by professionals, in this case im glad to say it was you.

You will feel ill when you see the 25rwkw you get for every degree of timing ( last week, 10psi man GT base tune 408rwkw@ a lowly 5000 rpm) and I have the complete and unique ability here to frighten you.

Pick a number from where you are now and 450rwkw and I can make it happen.

If you want me to bring the small pulley up and run 12-14psi, geez, is there enough road lol ??

Paul and I are glad you are having fun with your beast, all the very best , think Paul and I have found not only a friend in you Ian,but someone whom we respect and can also learn a lot from.

Regards,

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #48
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Ian,

Im glad you like the kit and the way it has transformed your car. There is no substitute for proven tried and tested gear installed by professionals, in this case im glad to say it was you.

You will feel ill when you see the 25rwkw you get for every degree of timing ( last week, 10psi man GT base tune 408rwkw@ a lowly 5000 rpm) and I have the complete and unique ability here to frighten you.

Pick a number from where you are now and 450rwkw and I can make it happen.

If you want me to bring the small pulley up and run 12-14psi, geez, is there enough road lol ??

Paul and I are glad you are having fun with your beast, all the very best , think Paul and I have found not only a friend in you Ian,but someone whom we respect and can also learn a lot from.

Regards,

Chris
Chris,
I am totally wrapped in your KB supercharger kit which is an absolute credit to both yourself and Paul in every respect. The engineering and manufacturing of the kit (including intercooler) is second to none, not only because of the quality of the components and machining, but also the simplicity and reliability of design. For instance, to have the alternator remain in its original position is nothing short of brilliant and guarantees no belt drive problems, now, or in the future. To top all of this by having your car then tuned by the best tuner in Australia, well all I can say is, "what the hell else can any Ford enthusiast possible want?"

You are very kind to include me in the ranks of the professional and I can only hope I am deserving of such comment.

Friends aren't easy to come by and I have lost three of my best friends to heart attack and cancer over the years. I am happily married, but you have no idea how important other friendships are, especially with such common interests and especially at my age and it kind of makes me feel somewhat warm and fuzzy inside to think that you guys feel that way. It is certainly a mutual feeling.
It may be a public forum here, but I feel very strongly about the things I have said above and the younger people here can consider themselves extremely lucky if they have half the positive experience that I have had.

Cheers, Ian.

PS: In regards your comments on pulley size, a larger one may be in order before I embarrass myself in the nether regions.......lol. Seriously, one in the low 300's and one in the high 300's may be in order.
Old 26-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #49
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Here Here ................... :sm_headba : :
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #50
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

Was that you this morning Ian ???

Hard to pick with little to no blower whine.. looking good mate.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #51
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Hhahahaha, nice trawl Daz, 3 years.....

Glad you did though, as I hadn't seen this thread.

That's one tough Mofo that orange GTP! Very very nice indeed.

How much power did this car end up with in final state of tune?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #52
Road Games

Talking

390 + Still remember the test drive after i fixed the door handle.. I wasn't on the test drive .. I just heard it lol
Old 16-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #53
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Hi Daz,
Have'nt popped in here much lately. Since you last saw the car I dropped the rear subframe out (still on stands) and bought a pair of KMP 1000 hp driveshafts. I had the Tru Trac diff centre fitted to find out that Harrop had sent me up the wrong unit (meant for a ute). As recompense, Harrop sent up a plastic box with a pre-formed centre to accurately locate the diff housing and paid for the diff to go to them for a free refit of the correct Tru Trac unit. I machined up the ABS rotors to fit the new driveshafts. It was then when measuring the genuine halfshaft inner tri-axe housing splined shafts that I noticed the circlip groove position was 6mm different between left and right sides. On the KPM shafts the inner tri-axe housings were identical in all respects, including circlip groove position, with obvious results. I bought this to KPM's attention and hope they have had the problem corrected which I am sure they have. Harrop kindly regrooved the incorrect circlip groove free of charge as further recompense. Top company. I also bought the TEIN suspension kit with electrically adjustable shock absorbers as well as front and rear Whiteline stabilizer bars. I have fitted the adjustable TEIN springs to the rear end while the subrame was out and the stabilizer bars front and rear. I left the shocks till later when I fit the TEIN front suspension. It was then that I decided that I had enough working on the floor and that I would wait till l closed half the business which would allow room for a two post hoist. It was then that my left knee cap gave up the ghost and my feet started to give me problems bigtime. Things have been put on hold for a while. The Henry goes out for a run from time to time. The Kenne Bell blower is quiet but geeze the rear tyres seem to spend a lot of their time wheelspinning ...lol. It has still only done a little over 5000km.
I haven't even spoken to Chris since he was up here and that is over two years ago. God time flies.
Ian.