Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
thebigd

Default MD Trend / Ambiente LED Headlight, DRL Park light upgrade

Hey all.
I couldn't find any recent Mondeo threads on this so...
I finally get my new Diesel Trend Hatch in Ruby Red next week so a little excited. Bitter sweet loosing the XR6 LPi, as it has been the best (company provided) Falcon I've had in my 28 years of service.
I have been reviewing the Halogen to LED options for the Mondeo. H7 / H15 / T10 within the headlight housing, excluding indicators, I believe. There maybe options for the H7 base connector I've just found, so any help is appreciated.
I happened to pass a white MD hatch this morning that was heading into Bangalow. This vehicle had clearly upgraded the H15 (DRL's) to LED. It looked awesome. Looked better than the Titanium IMO. If that person happens to be a user here, please share the brand of globe you used, as I want mine to look like that. 10/10. If there wasn't as much traffic, I would have done a U turn, and chased you down just to ask.
Cheers...
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Default Re: MD Trend / Ambiente LED Headlight, DRL Park light upgrade

Check out this site. https://www.carbulbsdirect.com/au/ve...eadlight-bulbs

The LED Kit from Phillips is a plug and play kit. Check youtube and watch installation, very easy.
I should've bought them but went with the Osram laser instead, couldn't find the cash at the time. This site is very good, i had the globes in less than a week.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
thebigd

Thanks ivorya.

Easy installation ? Youtube shows front end off to do the globes. Is this right ?
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Yes, looks that way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9y4lrxPHS8

Once off, the LED system is plug and play system.

Just take your time, don't rush
Old 29-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

This is interesting to watch also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wvpBZCot0s