Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 20-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
MikeyCorrupt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bluepower does it again

Dropped my 2006 BF MK 2 XR6 Turbo off at Bluepower a couple of weeks ago to do a custom tune. It ran 200rwkw stock and after a days tuning it maxed out at 260rwkw but was detuned to 239rwkw because the injectors were not spraying enough fuel. Picked the car up and hopped in and straight away the car felt different even under boost it just felt like it had more torque and as soon as the thing hit boost the power was unleashed.

I then went back and dropped the car off the following week to install a larger intercooler, injectors and Bluepower CAI and have it retuned and after a few days of installing and retuning it made 280rwkw with the standard exhaust. Picked the car up and hopped in and gave it a bit and when boost hit it was like a kick in the pants. The power and not to mention the noise from the CAI is exhilarating and very addictive. The car now flies from 0-120 in a blink of an eye.

I will be keeping the standard exhaust but will be changing the cat and take the car back and get it retuned and enter into the 300rwkw+ club.

A massive thank you needs to be said to Theo for spending countless hours fitting my so called "direct replacement intercooler" lol and also to the magician himself Christopher for doing the tuning.

Definately worth the 3.5 hours stuck in traffic getting there and coming home as they are not money hungry nor do they mince their words just to get dollars out of you.

Also Chris and Theo are not only great performance mechanics but they both should be comedians on the side because they are some of the funniest blokes you will ever meet.

If you want great customer service as well as well as the best people working on your car who don't dribble bs, I recommend going to Bluepower.

PB: NYR
Goal: 11 SECOND STREETER

Mods: INTERCOOLER, 60LB INJECTORS, BLUEPOWER CAI, CUSTOM TUNE 280RWKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tumpy
LOL... Isn't torque a better figure to go by when you're talking about real power anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Yep and thats exactly what the forums are full of...................
MikeyCorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

Couldn't agree more Michael enjoy mate ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
MikeyCorrupt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also just a side note, the only thing missing is a bluepower key ring which I will happily replace my Horse Power Factory one :p

Quote:
LOL... Isn't torque a better figure to go by when you're talking about real power anyway?
Quote:
Old 20-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelecevic
Also just a side note, the only thing missing is a bluepower key ring which I will happily replace my Horse Power Factory one :p
Whaa ??
Hrmm never saw one of those
Old 20-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Nearly Fell off my chair when i read 260rwkw then says N/A 6 in your Sig..

What sort of S/C kit does this beastie have?

Good to hear the BPR comedy sideshow still rolls on..

BPR Keyring you say hey?

Theres an idea guys..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
MikeyCorrupt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha nah I need to update my signature no more NA6.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 21-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #7
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Nice one Michael!! The reality of an 11 second streeter is just around the corner
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Road Games

I reckon its already there if he pulls the wheels off the Black ute
Old 21-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
MikeyCorrupt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XRCIST you are my hero and inspiration. Ever since I met you on Donny road and hearing your quest for 200rwkw NA I just knew that I had to follow down your path and listen and learn from you. You have been such a big help both with my previous cars and now the turbo. If only my car could ever be half as quick as yours I would be over the moon.

Dazz you are probably right but I want to run the car just as I drive it on the street. It is pretty funny though when yo pull up next to some v8 or some guy driving like a hero and you are in a stock looking car and blow past them haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 23-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #10
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelecevic
I then went back and dropped the car off the following week to install a larger intercooler

A massive thank you needs to be said to Theo for spending countless hours fitting my so called "direct replacement intercooler" lol
what brand is the intercooler ?
rapid or pwr

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
xpl0sive

I'm going to take a guess and say plazmaman stage 1?
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Its a Monza Cooler, which goes to show you dont need to spend big bucks to get results. With a cat change and retune the car will make around 300rwkw
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
Its a Monza Cooler, which goes to show you dont need to spend big bucks to get results.
well done mate!
most people ..... bag the monza cooler

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
Road Games

I reckon the monza is bonza ....
Old 25-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #15
MikeyCorrupt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha anyone who says they are crap are people who have never had one before because the guy I bought it from was running 327rwkw with it.

Bang for buck they are awesome.

Plazmaman and PWR are all $1000+ and may be worth it but for people on a budget the Monza is the pick of the bunch.

Quote:
Quote: