Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #2581
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I hate litterers.
I hate parents that treat their children like dirt. And waste their money.
I hate tailgaters.
I hate people with no punctuation, no comprehension.
People that can't spell.
Idiots in general.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2016, 11:33 PM   #2582
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
I hate litterers.
I hate parents that treat their children like dirt. And waste their money.
I hate tailgaters.
I hate people with no punctuation, no comprehension.
People that can't spell.
Idiots in general.
Well there goes 90% of your Xmas card list!!
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #2583
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I don't do Christmas cards, lol. Sound like a grumpy old man. Hating everything.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-12-2016, 02:15 AM   #2584
.:4:.
Kicking back

I hate it when you have what you think at the time is a lovely pad Thai for lunch, then when you are on the drive home, the best part of an hour from the driveway, your stomach gurgles. Unsure of whether it's coming up or going down. That was my afternoon. Turns out I gave the bowl a spray tan, then threw my guts up.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2016, 07:07 AM   #2585
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
I'm happy I'm a little bit older and missed the Facebook generation.
I really don't get it, why would someone want to tell the world what they had for breakfast? I have a nephew who thinks the world wants to know what he does 24/7.

Recently I was out to lunch and there would have been 10 people at the table, out of those 10, 7 would have been doing their Facebook updates on their phones telling everyone what they had ordered for lunch.

Don't people converse anymore?
People have learnt not to talk on their phones in restaurants, now they Facebook.
You do realize that this forum IS social media, right? I'm only on here because I'm banned from Facebook. And I like Fords, a lot. Maybe it was a really good breakfast.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #2586
pursuit57
mortgage free !

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I hate it when you have what you think at the time is a lovely pad Thai for lunch, then when you are on the drive home, the best part of an hour from the driveway, your stomach gurgles. Unsure of whether it's coming up or going down. That was my afternoon. Turns out I gave the bowl a spray tan, then threw my guts up.
I take it the restaurant didn't have a Facebook page, or if it did would be gone by now.
Not a fan of FB, but your quote would have been a nice addition to it...
Old 03-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #2587
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
You do realize that this forum IS social media,
Judging by some of the posts in a number of threads you'd think it was antisocial media
Old 03-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #2588
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit57 View Post
I take it the restaurant didn't have a Facebook page, or if it did would be gone by now.
Not a fan of FB, but your quote would have been a nice addition to it...
Never looked at it from that angle, but either way, I've never had a face book account
Old 05-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #2589
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People....

I have an online company, get an email about delivery:

"Hi, just wanting to know how long it will take to receive an order?"

Hmmmmm

Sometimes I really wonder...... Is this a guessing game? This chap may live next door or Perth...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #2590
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People that call me over and over again. I'm not answering, I spoke to you yesterday about nothing for an hour. Texts next, Call me when you're not busy. I'm busy. An hour later the phone rings again.
Due to one persistent person, I end up turning my phone off. Then starts the calls to my wifes phone to get hold of me.
So damn annoying.
I just want to be left alone. I have things to do. I have kids I want to spend time with. And when I get some time to myself, that's how I want to spend it.
If you have nothing to fill your day, don't inflict your pain on me, because I end up with the same zero result.

....aaaand breathe.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #2591
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
People....

I have an online company, get an email about delivery:

"Hi, just wanting to know how long it will take to receive an order?"

Well doesn't that really depend on when he places it? Well buddy, as long as internet is working, you place an order and I should receive it within 2 minutes.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #2592
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate clowns who do the wrong thing on the road, have a mishap, then all of a sudden it's all your fault. They simply can't take responsibility for their own illegal, and stupid behaviour.

Stopped behind several cars, in fairly thick traffic. There was a VE wagon that was previously in an adjacent lane, where I'd already seen the driver texting on his phone. Now he's in my lane, boring down behind me looking in his lap. No chance of stopping.

I was preparing for impact, when he realised, braked, and ran up the gutter & onto the garden median (Norwest Blvd for those who know it). He tries to reverse, but traction won't let him. So he gets the hint & rolls forward over a few more small plants to get back onto the road, and when he's level beside me, puts his window down & starts yelling "what the f*^( did you run me off the road for?"

Yep, it's all my fault because I stopped behind other stopped traffic.

Bloody morons on phones...never their fault....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #2593
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
I hate clowns who do the wrong thing on the road, have a mishap, then all of a sudden it's all your fault. They simply can't take responsibility for their own illegal, and stupid behaviour.

Stopped behind several cars, in fairly thick traffic. There was a VE wagon that was previously in an adjacent lane, where I'd already seen the driver texting on his phone. Now he's in my lane, boring down behind me looking in his lap. No chance of stopping.

I was preparing for impact, when he realised, braked, and ran up the gutter & onto the garden median (Norwest Blvd for those who know it). He tries to reverse, but traction won't let him. So he gets the hint & rolls forward over a few more small plants to get back onto the road, and when he's level beside me, puts his window down & starts yelling "what the f*^( did you run me off the road for?"

Yep, it's all my fault because I stopped behind other stopped traffic.

Bloody morons on phones...never their fault....
My daily drive is a 94 Magna wagon. Its been kept for the simple fact that it is a very useful wagon, not like a short wheelbase VE, which has less room in the back than a Mondeo. Nicer to drive than any Falcon or Commodore of the same vintage. For $120 I got Myself a Kenwood head unit, with Bluetooth. I can make and receive calls and text whenever I like. Guy comes into work last week all smart in his brand new Land Rover that looks like it cost about $80k. Less of a wagon than the Magna and he drives away talking with a mobile to his ear. Now I would put money on that car having Bluetooth connectivity. What is it are they too lazy or too dumb to work it? Or do they just have the attitude that rules are made to be broken? I want to keep my money to spend it on what I want to buy, not to pay fines I don't need to.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #2594
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Foxtel.

Why dose every channel have to be on a commercial break at the same time.

Mrrrrrrr......
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #2595
xr8cam

Quote:
My daily drive is a 94 Magna wagon. Its been kept for the simple fact that it is a very useful wagon, not like a short wheelbase VE, which has less room in the back than a Mondeo. Nicer to drive than any Falcon or Commodore of the same vintage. For $120 I got Myself a Kenwood head unit, with Bluetooth. I can make and receive calls and text whenever I like. Guy comes into work last week all smart in his brand new Land Rover that looks like it cost about $80k. Less of a wagon than the Magna and he drives away talking with a mobile to his ear. Now I would put money on that car having Bluetooth connectivity. What is it are they too lazy or too dumb to work it? Or do they just have the attitude that rules are made to be broken? I want to keep my money to spend it on what I want to buy, not to pay fines I don't need to.
my work takes me around the nth shore 7-4pm m-f. Should see the attitudes from the other half on the roads. Rich sense of entitlement. No indicators, no courtesy, speeding, ignore school zones, mobile phones, double parking to have a chat, illegal parking. I see more bad displays of driving there than anywhere else I can think of.Maybe it is really stressful having loads of $$.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2016, 06:00 AM   #2596
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
my work takes me around the nth shore 7-4pm m-f. Should see the attitudes from the other half on the roads. Rich sense of entitlement. No indicators, no courtesy, speeding, ignore school zones, mobile phones, double parking to have a chat, illegal parking. I see more bad displays of driving there than anywhere else I can think of.Maybe it is really stressful having loads of $$.
The stress is in having loads of debt, trying to keep up with the neighbours, private school fees etc. And if you say anything to them its instant aggression.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #2597
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Foxtel.

Why dose every channel have to be on a commercial break at the same time.

Mrrrrrrr......
Because if they didn't, nobody would sit through the adverts and the advertisers know that, and if you don't watch the ads then Foxtel goes under as all the advertisers wouldn't bother wasting their money on ads nobody will watch. But hey, you aren't lone as the FTA channels do the same thing 99% of the time as well for the same reason.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #2598
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Thats the reason why I have Netflix, $15/month and no ads, or download TV series, all the ads been removed.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #2599
xr8cam

Every suburb apparently has a different Motor Law regarding how far you park from a corner. I live on a corner block and people park in the street to walk up the road to the city bus. If I could load photo's I would show people that park so close that a drivers vision is impaired when approaching from either direction to execute a turn. I rung the police who could not tell me what the law is. They said traffic cops know....
Old 08-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #2600
Kicking back

There are 2 things that I really hate, and they both happened yesterday. First one is sick days. had my first in 2 years yesterday, and just like the one before I ended up in hospital. Still squirting off the back of Fridays Thai lunch, I was at the point where nothing would stay in for more then about 10 minutes and since Friday I had lost 7 kilos that I can't really afford to lose. So at the point of shaking uncontrollably, after 5 days of not being able to retain anything, my wife called my mum to take me to the hospital. Which lead to my other hate. For the past year I refused to even look at the b200 Benz she ignorantly bought (I have voiced that in this thread before) I had no other choice then a ride in an ambulance, so I kneed myself in the chin and squeezed into the front. Once I got sorted by the urgent care people for heavy dehydration I was on my way, but food and water are still not entirely my friend. I have no problem with hospitals, but going in the b200 goes against everything I stand for.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:33 PM   #2601
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Every suburb apparently has a different Motor Law regarding how far you park from a corner. I live on a corner block and people park in the street to walk up the road to the city bus. If I could load photo's I would show people that park so close that a drivers vision is impaired when approaching from either direction to execute a turn. I rung the police who could not tell me what the law is. They said traffic cops know....
I guess the streets aren't always marked with a solid white line which is illegal to park beside.Unfortunately commonsense doesn't always work so people park where they don't have to walk more than a few metres.One would think that the cops should know as they aren't backward in order interpreting the law to suit themselves if they want to book you.If it is the same rule as school crossings it would be 30 metres before the intersection
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #2602
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Don't know if this one had been said?

When you put a receipt / parking ticket in your mouth to hold it temporarily and it rips a patch of skin away from your lips upon removal.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #2603
Lunch
Wait, what?

When you stop in at the shops to get a souvlaki for dinner cos the wife won't be home till later, after you order you go straight back to the car to find that some moron has decided to squeeze between your car and the concrete column 1 foot in front of the bumper, lost their balance and fallen onto your bonnet leaving a clear hand print ( see dark spots in centre of bonnet ( white spots are cloud reflections ) ) and somehow a 100mm scuff for you to deal with

But what really annoys me more is when you see the bigger picture

Note: guy in picture was not the idiot

Last edited by Lunch; 08-12-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #2604
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Yeah, you can really see why squeezing past your car was necessary and not an utterly ridiculous decision to make.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #2605
Kicking back

I find it ironic that the sign on the glass infront for diflam says pain in big letters
Old 09-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #2606
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Americanisms degrading our Australian unique culture and language. Yes I know its inevitable. Still don't like it...
Old 09-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #2607
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

The name BUTTERFISH on menus in cafes and takeaway shops.
Just tell me what the damned fish is.
If its hake or flake, just say so.
If it’s three eyed basa from some Taiwanese backwater estuary, just say so.
Stop hiding crap slimy grey substandard fish behind a generic name.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #2608
xr8cam

Quote:
The stress is in having loads of debt, trying to keep up with the neighbours, private school fees etc. And if you say anything to them its instant aggression.
Agree 100%. My brother is like that.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #2609
xr8cam

Ring Thursday to confirm stock availability & booked job in. Friday, I arrived early, paid for the product, went around to despatch thinking 'sweet, will be on my way in 10mins' to be met with 'Nah mate, too busy now' I had to go back the office, explain everything to the moron there so he could tell the moron out the back to do what I had paid & booked for. Nearly every purchase or service recently has involved either an issue about the agreed price or I have had to 'oversee' the service due to incompetence. My wife & I are looking for builders atm to do an extension. If we get dodgy builders I will shoot them.

Last edited by xr8cam; 09-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:15 AM   #2610
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's nothing'. I've been to places where they park nose to nose on the corner in the space where you would normally cross is you were a pedestrian. I think Smart cars were invented for these people.