Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #2791
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

If the cladding needs that treatment, the stuffing probably merits a wash with carbolic soap!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #2792
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Heard on Radio the other day it is common practice to boil underware in Hotel kettles.
That's why I stay in motels.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #2793
.:4:.
Kicking back

It happened to me today. I hate it when all you want is the breakfast from your favourite place and you get held up and miss the cutoff. My first job was done well within breakfast hours, i had a hankering for a plate with toast, scrambled, sausage, bacon, garlic mushrooms and baked beans. But i got an urgent callout that turned out to be stupidity. Of course the lights dont work when the switch hasnt been turned on. I made it back to my preffered place of food by 11:20, and i knew it was a gamble, but breakfast was no longer. Walking away dissapointed that it was the changeover and no hot food was out, i saw something in the corner of my eye. It wasnt any harty breakfast, but the next best thing. A fresh lasagna being bought out from the kitchen. So that was the go.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #2794
roKWiz
Cabover nut

When the man says we just sold out........ ?

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #2795
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
That's why I stay in motels.
Haha to be honest they mentioned both, and i thought they were cheaping out on the tea bags with the ummm tangy taste you sometimes get when away..
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #2796
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I hate it when people skite about Collingwood’s very occasional failure to deliver a resounding victory over perpetually inferior teams.
Old 30-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #2797
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Magpie histrionics aside, I really hate having tweaked my back loosening the fourth of five wheel bolts. The sudden pain had me seeing stars.

A strut replacement job was planned for today, it’s not going to happen for a few days now.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #2798
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Tax Time.

Spending hours collating data / receipts ect that is ultimately un-billable time.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:29 PM   #2799
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Tax Time.

Spending hours collating data / receipts ect that is ultimately un-billable time.
That is why you spend a few minutes a day or weeknight/ weekend keeping on top of the paperwork.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:06 PM   #2800
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Flaming “aged care/assistance” agencies. Drop the ball on existing arrangements, and when you get onto them, all they can think of is upselling.

Bottom line as I see it, is if you don’t retire with at least 3/4M PP in current assets plus your own house, the government and bureaucracy wants you dead the moment you become seriously ill; the sooner the better.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:14 PM   #2801
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Heard on Radio the other day it is common practice to boil underware in Hotel kettles.
One of my motels had a guest cook his curry in the room kettle. He almost lost his turban when they charged him $40 for a destroyed appliance 😈

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 06-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #2802
Kicking back

I hate getting stitched up at work. Today i went to site, was told the 2 blokes working on that job know whats going on, that was it. Get there a bit early and meet 1 bloke there. A nice 30 foot scissor lift gets dropped off. So ok, dont mind working off those, have my ticket and all. Then the other bloke on that project rocks up and another bloke from my service team. He had been given the same loose description, but told to pick up the trailer and scaffold. So we walked through the job, the 2 guys on the job from the start say they are doing this, this and this off the lift, and us stitched up service guys do that that and that off the scaff. The ceiling height is 6m. A 30 foot scissor goes to 10m. So those guys were fine. The max working height of the scaff is 3.7m. So myself at 6"2' and my collegue at 6"4', yes we could reach the ceiling, but couldnt get too far into it. Plus both of us hate working off scaff we build. Not because we build it dodgey, we use common sense bracing it and use all the braces, but neither of us have been shown by someone who actually knows how to build it. The reason work ask but give a loose description for weekend work when they know its a stich up, is so we say yes, the reason when you talk to the guys on site and they always say simple things, like, its just installing cameras and omit the facts stitching me up, is clearly, its work they dont want to do. Got it done, but it could have been so much faster and easier off a 19 foot lift, and i can trailer those behind my ute. $325 day rate over wasting 2 guys time on overtime building and using scaff is just stupid.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:39 AM   #2803
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Taco shells - always one broken. I utilise it though, top it and eat it like a Salada - not the same though. That traditional bite and crunch, the flavour burst and textures - reminds me we're the top of the food chain.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2019, 02:07 AM   #2804
marty351

I hate it when tortillas break open and spill all over your hand.

Now I've learned not to fill it so much....
Old 07-07-2019, 05:36 AM   #2805
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

I hate politics and politicians.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #2806
marty351

How politics work in Australia....

Last edited by marty351; 04-08-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #2807
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Safe Tricycling - There’s no such thing.

A message brought to you by TAC Victoria.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #2808
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Twice this has happened this week working out amongst the farms where the roads are 100kmh narrow single lane spray seal and some dimwit decides to not only pull out in front of you but then realise the road is not wide enough to pass each other.
Being the only car heading towards them, maybe they could wait for me to drive past before they turn out.

I have never been able to fathom this one out.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #2809
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Exactly the kind of behaviour that underscores my cynicism about policing drivers by fixed camera.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #2810
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Fixed camera's don't bother me but I would rather see police presence out here as well.
Getting along with 3 ton of granite on the back and twits do this is what gets me, especially when I can not simply drive off the shoulder.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #2811
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Women and feeling cold all the time, our admin office was set to god damn 28 degrees today, I felt like I needed board shorts, a Hawaiian t-shirt and one of those fancy drinks with the umbrella when I had to walk through there today.

My office is set to a nice balmy 18 degrees, if its too cold put more god damn clothes on.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:02 PM   #2812
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

How would they hook up then though? (Oh, I'm going to hell.)
JasonACT is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #2813
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

We have a system at work. (Hmm, Canberra.. guess where.) You need a resource, you apply for it on the main system. Hundreds of other systems are connected. When you apply, every system is sent the request. If one system is down (I.E. we're doing maintenance on that system today) the request fails.

They do maintenance on one of those "hundreds of systems" every fricking day.
JasonACT is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2019, 08:48 PM   #2814
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

French autobox, pressure reg issues (well known problem).

I flushed twice with Nulon SYNATF, with 40km of driving between flushes. Still thumps horrendously when cold, next stop is changing the solenoids.

The net cost will still be quite reasonable, but I prefer to nail the problem first time (doesn’t everyone?).
Old 22-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #2815
Kicking back

I hate that its up to me to sort a solution for unexpected work equipment related breakdowns. Today the ute died. Nothing major really, just blew the 2nd intercooler its had. 1st went at 70 thousand, this one went at 130 thousand. So i tell my manager im taking it to the mechanics because it wasnt really driveable, and he blows up that im not knocking jobs off the list. Then when it comes to needing something to drive, i just get told work it out. I was hoping the mechanics would lend the shop ute, its beat up, but it still utes, but it was loaded with scrap motors. So they lent me the courtesy car, better then nothing i guess. But yeah, a 6 foot ladder barely fits in a 2 door yaris, so that and hardly any tools in it, untill i get the ranger back work is going to suck. Last intercooler they did for me only took 5 hours to source parts and fit it so i hope to get the ute back tomorrow. Dunno why work just didnt goget me a hiace so atleast i could put some stock in it. The only positive is that ive been on works back about my ute needing a service for months but we have been to busy to have a car off the road for a day, so thats getting done too. Its bringing up a code for plugs, the code for low boost, well, that only came up today for obvious reason.
Old 22-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #2816
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I hate that its up to me to sort a solution for unexpected work equipment related breakdowns. Today the ute died. Nothing major really, just blew the 2nd intercooler its had. 1st went at 70 thousand, this one went at 130 thousand. So i tell my manager im taking it to the mechanics because it wasnt really driveable, and he blows up that im not knocking jobs off the list. Then when it comes to needing something to drive, i just get told work it out.
Easy fix, tell them that you've worked it out and the mechanic will call you at home when it's repaired.
Old 22-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #2817
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Easy fix, tell them that you've worked it out and the mechanic will call you at home when it's repaired.
For some reason i dont think work would pay sick leave for a sick car. What is odd was the original intercooler was a slow progression and a 3 inch slit in the back side of it. This time it went with a pop and a 6 inch slash in the bottom of it. I did do the obvious boost pipe check roadside as ive backyard temp fixed one of those before, the mechanics checked all the basics for about 10 minutes, but 30 seconds on a hoist and yep, theres the problem. Its a bog stock 2.2 4 banger, so maybe its a design flaw.
Old 22-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #2818
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
For some reason i dont think work would pay sick leave for a sick car. What is odd was the original intercooler was a slow progression and a 3 inch slit in the back side of it. This time it went with a pop and a 6 inch slash in the bottom of it. I did do the obvious boost pipe check roadside as ive backyard temp fixed one of those before, the mechanics checked all the basics for about 10 minutes, but 30 seconds on a hoist and yep, theres the problem. Its a bog stock 2.2 4 banger, so maybe its a design flaw.

You need to be harder on work. It’s in their best interest that the vehicle they supply is in working order. Don’t ask them to get it serviced, tell them it’s getting serviced. We have a fleet of 60 ish utes on my contract and one the other day had a bent tail light protector. The company took it off the road as the next hit in that region would take out the light. Got fixed the next day

It shouldn’t be up to you to figure out there problem of car suffling

Your manager seems very average
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #2819
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
You need to be harder on work. It’s in their best interest that the vehicle they supply is in working order. Don’t ask them to get it serviced, tell them it’s getting serviced. We have a fleet of 60 ish utes on my contract and one the other day had a bent tail light protector. The company took it off the road as the next hit in that region would take out the light. Got fixed the next day

It shouldn’t be up to you to figure out there problem of car suffling

Your manager seems very average
Its a small company. We have 2 mitsubishi vans and a ranger on the road. The other 9 potatoes dont get work cars. The intercooler isnt a service item either. Had i got the thing seviced 2 months ago, it still would have failed today. Its more the me having to orginise alternate transport thats annoying. Yes its my managers job, i get that part, but he and i are good mates, and i know he only had a go because he is getting snowed under with work too. Granted in 8 days ive been working there 13 years, 5 years longer on the tools then the next tradesman (23 years for my manager, 22 for the owner, and more then me for the admin lady) but, to some degree, over the years, ive seen many whingers fall on their own sword and like a dodgy circumcision man, get the sack. So yeah, the temp solution is the smallest car in the universe, not ideal, but for me, work cant hold it against me not having the gear. I have the gear in a busted ute. They chose not to rent a van. They can deal with it. And the tiny toyota doesnt have bluetooth, so thats a great reason not to answer the phone.
Old 23-07-2019, 08:14 PM   #2820
Kicking back

Got the ute back today. Goes good. But whoever does the work always over adjusts my bloody handbrake. It was fine. 3 clicks it held. 4 clicks it was tight. Any more then it would take effort to get it off (pun intended). Yes i get annoyed being a passenger in a car where the hand brake has to get reefed so it points to the sky just to hold, but now its 1 click to hold, 2 to be tight, and 3 clicks is more then enough. 5 clicks. Thats all i ask. Enough but not to be skywards. 1 click hillstarts, theres no feel in that. Its a manual. I always park it in gear, opposite to the incline, so no excessive hand brake is required, so im not a bandit for stretching the cables. So i hate the one thing on the ute that wasnt broken (there was a few other things, i appreciate they were fixed), but dont mess with the one thing that was perfectly in the zone.