Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
deemo
Starter Motor

Default roof racks for MA

im after some roof racks for my surf ski, was wondering if anyone knows, what should i go for? would those rola fit-all work? i just need the bars as i have board attachment

Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi deemo,

To use a "Walkerism" Unless I'm very much mistaken, the mounts for roof bars on MAs attach into threaded holes which are loacted in the underside of the roof edges in the door apertures - so I'm thinking you would need a mount block that conforms to the roof edge profile.

Given the number of Mondeos that have been sold here it might mean that "genuine" bars are the only variety that will fit properly.

So if you want things to look neat this could be your only otion - with the obvious penalty of cost.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi again,

Had an idle moment, would these suit?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RHINO-EURO-RO...item2eb2deba09

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 03-02-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
deemo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD
Hi again,

Had an idle moment, would these suit?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RHINO-EURO-RO...item2eb2deba09

Cheers
that is what i was thinking, r they right? when ever i see "multi fit" or "fits all" i think yeah right...
that looks good i reckon...
Old 04-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo
that is what i was thinking, r they right? when ever i see "multi fit" or "fits all" i think yeah right...
that looks good i reckon...
Similar thinking here, but I sourced a set of Thule bars for the Territory and they have never let me down (even though I overloaded them by 50% inadvertently once).

I noticed that at the seller's site there were some alternatives that looked more integrated, but were more expensive too.

It is difficult to see if the "clips" that run between door and roof have holes to allow the threaded bushes in the roof rails to be used and thus fix the bars seats to something solid. If it is just a friction fit then I'd expect some paint damage after a few mount/demount operations.

Since I have the Territory for carrying work, none of this is a concern to me, but if I was looking for a set for the Mondeo I would certainly ask the seller a question about fitment before proceeding.

Thule do make a kit that is specific to the 2007 and later sedans and hatches, go here to view:

http://www.thule.com.au/vehicleguide...odel_id=358403

Looks to be quite good as there are pegs that use the roof rail bushes and wedges for the bar mounts so that the bar mounts conform to the roof profile.

Based on my experience with the Territory I would seriously consider these.

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 04-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
deemo
Starter Motor

thanks for the feedback Alan, ill have a look into these & see what happens