Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-03-2020, 07:03 PM   #3061
MercuryT
Banned

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Along with broken nails and paper cuts
Not sure if taking the * but no I mean it. Cling wrap and I don't get along at all.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2020, 04:16 AM   #3062
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

First world problems; being awake with indigestion after too much good food plus bruised guts.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #3063
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Escargot fighting again?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 07:15 AM   #3064
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Trench wrestling
Old 18-03-2020, 09:59 PM   #3065
.:4:.
Kicking back

With my current work forecast, last night i got a bit
of a kick in the pants. Had a hot water unit rupture. In a place i rent out. So its something as a landlord im obliged to fix and its getting done tomorrow, but unexpected expenses in times of the i dunno. I hate that.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2020, 05:04 AM   #3066
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Did you get your 8 years out of it?

Running pure hot water into a clean white bucket is a simple test of many (chronologically) older HWS - if it’s tinted compared to cold, you’re on the losing side regardless. After eight years with Sydney grade water, the anode is usually quite spent. A sub $50 DIY job that can save quite a bit.
Old 24-03-2020, 06:34 PM   #3067
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cleaning out my inbox and found a complete your registration link for this website back in 2011.

I only eventually made an account in 2016.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #3068
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Did you get your 8 years out of it?

Running pure hot water into a clean white bucket is a simple test of many (chronologically) older HWS - if it’s tinted compared to cold, you’re on the losing side regardless. After eight years with Sydney grade water, the anode is usually quite spent. A sub $50 DIY job that can save quite a bit.
It was an 05 manufactured thing. I bought the place in 2012. So it was 15 years old so coupled with the fact it was in the same space pool supplies like bags of clorine were nearby. That probably didnt help the cause. First order of business was to get rid of the above ground pool when i bought the place. Either way, i have the invoice, invoice paid, sucks balls but its done.
Old 26-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #3069
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Reporting a person to the police several weeks ago for fraud and identity theft after finding out they have ripped off thousands only for the Police to do nothing and watching the same person continue top rip off thousands each week.

Apparently they are waiting for the victims to come forward before they will take any action.

I had to visit 3 stations before someone would even take my report seriously...

'If you see something, say something'...

Yeah right.. what a bloody waste of my time.....
Still nothing from the fuzz - why? Coronavirus of course!

Apparently someone will call me by next week.

(That's the 4th time I have heard that by the way).

Since this post another $3-5k has been flogged.

Laptop(s), multiple pairs of shoes, dozens of items of clothing, each from 3 different suppliers, jewelry and furniture.

No rush I guess... credit card fraud is a victim less crime... right?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #3070
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Some unsavory person decided to help themselves to newly planted Dianthus from one of my commercial clients car park garden.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #3071
roKWiz
Cabover nut

From all accounts, seems the evidence was planted. CCTV ??

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #3072
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
From all accounts, seems the evidence was planted. CCTV ??
Mustang GT

Old 28-03-2020, 08:29 PM   #3073
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I hate plant thieves.

Mainly because they don’t steal the billions of excess monstera, clivia, broms I have...
Old 28-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #3074
TRAU BLAU

I hate this Chink virus!Ozzies will beat it down no doubt!
Old 29-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #3075
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Though it was nice to see a bunch of AC Cobra's on the highway yesterday, I didn't like the fact I spotted them all gathering in one place at Benalla.

Don't know their situation but thought it was irresponsible of them to journey up from Melbourne as a group considering most clubs have stopped car and truck runs.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #3076
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Some unsavory person decided to help themselves to newly planted Dianthus from one of my commercial clients car park garden.

Who the hell steals plants?

There's a sign in South Melbourne warning about plant vandals destroying trees, what an odd crime to commit.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2020, 10:31 PM   #3077
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Who the hell steals plants?

There's a sign in South Melbourne warning about plant vandals destroying trees, what an odd crime to commit.
Don't laugh..

In Sydney you can get done for murdering plants.

Yes, we have a high regard for our carbon dioxide consuming brethren.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #3078
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Plants are often nicked from fresh landscaping projects, especially civil jobs. I reckon they go into the yards of just-built houses.

Cutting thieves annoy me even more; why not just ask nicely rather than skulk about? It’s the horticultural equivalent of snowdropping.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 05:23 PM   #3079
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Plants are often nicked from fresh landscaping projects, especially civil jobs. I reckon they go into the yards of just-built houses.

Cutting thieves annoy me even more; why not just ask nicely rather than skulk about? It’s the horticultural equivalent of snowdropping.
Exactly, in fact it's a compliment and clearly someone admires your gardening skills.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #3080
MercuryT
Banned

Car collision today.

Just had my R36 rear light fixed after waiting for the part to arrive as smashed in a car park (no note), now today my car was reversed into smashing the rear bumper...........

When I spoke to the guy who i know, i ensured we had a good laugh about it to make light of the situation. Like "I thought we were mates and you do this to me!...ha) etc

In the context of what people are going through a minor car accident is nothing. Not like he meant to do it.......

He really appreciated it so hopefully we all look after each other in these upsetting times globally when things don't go as planned.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #3081
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Well, technically speaking.......that crime is what I do regularly to my own plants and trees when i attempt the strange practice also known as "gardening"......
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #3082
Trendseeker

It’s a common thing around homes situated on waterfront reserves for the residents to hack down trees to improve the view from their house. The council sometimes erects a sign about vandalism and installs a large net to obstruct the view, or at least make it a bit uglier, and plant new trees. They know who has probably organised the vandalism but have no proof.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:28 PM   #3083
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My trusty Pug broke down in Chatswood. Either the idle air motor gumming up, or the ignition driver, I’d say. Eventually decided to go again.

I have had three breakdowns in Chatswood in ten years, all within 500m of each other. No wonder I hate the place with a passion.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:47 PM   #3084
Kicking back

When i went to pick up my car it wasn't done yet. Thats fine. My manager said he did the sign writing guy the favour to speed him up and removed the 6 latches and associated central locking business to speed things up. So i was asked to put it back together. My manager is left handed and raided my car for tools. So his left handed logic is nonsensical. Im also left handed, yet conform to the right handed way that is how society is. So after asking and not understanding the logic as to why things like nuts and the through bolts were in odd ball places, i put things back together. Now, the latches were easy. The central locking was a complete pain in the hole. The stupidist part about it was my manager took it apart using the crappy socket set in my car i bought when i was 17. I have a really nice set with deep sockets, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch ratchets, uni joints, extentions. That set goes from small to 24mm. Its the why didnt you ask? When the question was asked, the stupid thing was, well 2 things. Firstly, wheres my good socket set, and secondly, my old roached out set, its a 3/8, with a 1/4 adapter, but if you lift the plastic former there is a sweet action tti 1/4 inch ratchet and extentions. And both still have 13s. I just dont like people digging through my tools.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #3085
BJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I hate plant thieves.

Mainly because they don’t steal the billions of excess monstera, clivia, broms I have...

Get in touch with the Special Branch, they leaf nothing unturned.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #3086
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJB View Post
Get in touch with the Special Branch, they leaf nothing unturned.
Geez i hate that when a moderator i've never seen before jumps out of the wood work. .
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2020, 10:45 PM   #3087
BJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Geez i hate that when a moderator i've never seen before jumps out of the wood work. .

Just lumbering by......
Old 11-04-2020, 12:57 AM   #3088
Kicking back

2 stroke gardening equipment.
Today i had nothing to do. My plan was go all out and run over my grass even though it doesnt need a mow and edge the crap out of it. But it was raining. So not the best time to do that. After a long time on the phone to my son who also had nothing to do, i decided to cut down a tree thats been annoying me. I havent started my chainsaw in a few months. I did the pre start checks. Chain tension etc. Topped up the fuel and bar lube. I hate that little thing. I disregard the prescribed starting procedure. 1st pull full choke it wanted to live. 2nd pull full choke it kicked. 3rd pull half choke it was alive and good to go. Theres no challenge in that. For the cheapest most scary 2 stroke thing i have, i should have to atleast swear at it twice to get it to start. Especially as its been sitting for months. No sense of triumph at all because no tricks out of the book needed to be used. It cold started almost like a warm start. Its never seen any love bar pre start checks because i dont want to cut my face off, and i replaced the chain once. I had the lowest expectations buying that thing. It annoys me how well its done.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:00 AM   #3089
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was t one of those baumr ebay saws? If so mine was like that: no expectations but the thing just goes like a decent brand one.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2020, 12:41 PM   #3090
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Was t one of those baumr ebay saws? If so mine was like that: no expectations but the thing just goes like a decent brand one.
Nah, it was the cheapest one bunnings sold. So a 12 inch bar, 35cc homelite. I just bought its 2nd new chain this morning. Its seen way more action then i expected. Been handed over the fence to neighbors. The whole over the fence question 'did you buy a chainsaw?' . I cut the meaningless conversation and say do you want to borrow it, or if its one of the old ladies, just trim their trees because im good like that. Realistically, if you tally up the 2 bottles of bar lube its used @ $12 per bottle, the 2 chains its used at $35 each and the fuel its used, its getting close to the $119 i paid for the thing. It was only supposed to trim a few limbs off small trees at my place because i got sick of doing it with a hand saw. But it didnt crap out as expected. The stupid thing has cut up a monster gum tree limb that levelled the shed of people 2 doors up, taken down a 10m limb off my neighbors tree, cut up a fallen tree blocking the driveway to my neighbors work. Dunno, i must have got the best of a bad bunch. Still hate the stupid thing.