Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
351hardtop
Wahoo

Default Engine light reset?

Hi all,
Recently bought an 04 Fiesta - great little car but the engine light keeps coming on (constant, not flashing). Had an O2 sensor replaced that fixed it for a few days, Ford seem to be guessing that it's the cat converter now.

While I'm preparing to rob a bank to pay for that, does anyone know how to turn the warning light off? I've tried disconnecting the battery for a while, that didn't help.

351hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Have they reset or reflashed the ECU? I had an issue with the engine light at one point and it turned out it was an error pertaining to a flat battery. I'm a little surprised that you'd be needing a new cat already...
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

How many k's on it?

I would go to an exhaust place to get the cat changed. May as well get a little cat back system to help it along the way!!!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #4
351hardtop
Wahoo

Thanks for the replies,

LethalLeigh I'm not sure about the ECU, they didn't really offer any help other than to say it was going to be very expensive, I suppose that's what you get for a free diagnosis. Having not been through this with any car before, I didn't know what to get them to do. I'm taking it somewhere else for a second opinion (I'll pay for this one) and really try to get it investigated rather than accept whatever code it decides to throw up. I agree, the cat shouldn't be giving up this early, Ford dealer said they hadn't even replaced one in a Fiesta yet.

Twinpiston it's done just over 76,000ks .

Something just doesn't ring true and hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it - I'll post here for everyone's info if I do get it sorted.

Thanks again,
Rick.
351hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post