Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 28-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Default AU Capa Edit Question

Hey Guys

Im in the ACT and currently have had my car in being tuned for the past week and a half.....and it appears they are not having much luck.

I have an AU1 Fairmont 6 with 6psi Powerdyne charger, 373 diff, stage 2 cam on 98 octane fuel. Auto Gearbox. Started with 137rwkw.

The problem I have been told as i understand it (as im new to all this) is that the car is leaning out and pinging at 4500rpm. The Capa edit cant be adjusted to tell the cpu its getting boost (it only registers vaccum) and therefore they are having difficulty getting it all right.

After 8 days of tuning and almost 3 weeks from 'real driving' above 2000rpm im considering ditching the capa tune and going back to a unichip.

All I want to know is has G&D done this before, is this combination possible to get working?

Old 28-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Maybe you should have put this in the G&D section as you seem to be asking them a question, not sure if they look here.........
Or maybe seeing that it is in the BluePower section you could ask Chris the relevant questions.

Cheers.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
xr8ute
Back on the road

Has the fuel system been modified at all to suit the blower? i.e. bigger injectors or FMU? bigger fuel pump?

Obviously no engine management system can deliver fuel capacity that doesn't physically exist...

I've always wondered if the SCT Advantage software could be used to put a MAP sensor from say an XR6T into a non-xr? I remember in the very early days, Martin did this for a supercharged XR8 tune....in fact, CAPA still lists MAP sensors to suit a "2 Bar MAP sensor tune" for XR8 and GT.

Sorry I cant be too much more help. Good luck with your project.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
Maybe you should have put this in the G&D section as you seem to be asking them a question, not sure if they look here.........
Or maybe seeing that it is in the BluePower section you could ask Chris the relevant questions.

Cheers.
Sorry i did post this in G&D thread aswell. Im just asking around to see if anyone has done this before or am I the first silly idiot to try it.
Old 28-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Has the fuel system been modified at all to suit the blower? i.e. bigger injectors or FMU? bigger fuel pump?

Obviously no engine management system can deliver fuel capacity that doesn't physically exist...

I've always wondered if the SCT Advantage software could be used to put a MAP sensor from say an XR6T into a non-xr? I remember in the very early days, Martin did this for a supercharged XR8 tune....in fact, CAPA still lists MAP sensors to suit a "2 Bar MAP sensor tune" for XR8 and GT.

Sorry I cant be too much more help. Good luck with your project.
Im running bigger injectors and an extra pump - T-recs. The Powerdyne kit came with all the requirements, its just the tune Im having issues with.
Old 28-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

I took my Territory from Canberra down to Chris at Blue Power to do the CAPA install. Has a base line dyno done, car went off to have a new exhaust system fitted then back to Chris for the dyno and flash tune. It took him about a hour or so of runs to have it down pat.

Well worth taking a day or two off to go down and have the real expert have a look at it.

Mark

Last edited by Mark^^; 28-11-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #7
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
As said above, put a 2 BAR MAP sensor and it will work then retune.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Hey guys

Ive got the car back now, 90% ok. Its running not bad, but at 4000rpm-4500rpm it dumps heaps of fuel in, so the car bogs down. The tuners are still working on a solution. Anyone had or heard of this problem?

I did get 189rwkw out of it too, so im happy with that. Just wanna get it flowing nicely in the top end.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nudge~
Hey guys

Ive got the car back now, 90% ok. Its running not bad, but at 4000rpm-4500rpm it dumps heaps of fuel in, so the car bogs down. The tuners are still working on a solution. Anyone had or heard of this problem?

I did get 189rwkw out of it too, so im happy with that. Just wanna get it flowing nicely in the top end.
hows the car going ? What was the outcome ? did the Edit iron out your problems ......

i would eventually like to go the supercharger route.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Went back for a quick re-tune not long after.

Car runs well now, still needs a bit of work on the Gearbox and im still saving for intercooler piping. Onces thats all done it should run sweet with no pinging (it still pings ocassionally up high).

If your doing it, strengthen the auto gearbox and save about 10 grand. I got it all done and running for $7500 without a intercooler or water injection. Add about $3000 on that for tuning, intercooling and unforseen problems.