Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 31-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Default Auii Xr6

Gidday Chris,
I have a friend who has just bought a AUII XR6 Tickford Ute. It has done 40,000 k's and is immaculate.

The question is, what advice/suggestions do you have to get it going a bit better, other than trading up to a Boss LoL. (He has only had it a week.)

Congrats on the results at the drag day to you and the team.

Speak soon mate,

Chris

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
Gidday Chris,
I have a friend who has just bought a AUII XR6 Tickford Ute. It has done 40,000 k's and is immaculate.

The question is, what advice/suggestions do you have to get it going a bit better, other than trading up to a Boss LoL. (He has only had it a week.)

Congrats on the results at the drag day to you and the team.

Speak soon mate,

Chris
Hey mate, hows things? in the new place yet??

What is the primary use for the car?? Day to day usage, occasional race, towing etc

give me a buzz my friend,

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
Ute Daddy
Ute Daddy

Default AUII XR6 Updates

G'Day Chris and Chris

Thanks for taking the time to reply in relation to my new XR6 [new to me that is] I had the pleasure of occupying the pilot seat on Chris' XR8 this morning...I know swearing isn't tolerated on this forum, so I will remain polite...Holy moses, that was some serious power, I absolutely loved it, although I may have to take more blood pressure medication! I don't hold any illusions that I will be able to duplicate that sort of rocket launching boost in my standard XR6, but I'd like to get some semblance of the take off. I am a little limited on budget, and need to also address the cosmetics of the body and much to chris' disgust - the sound system. Any suggestions you may have in regards to improving the delivery of power to the wheels would be greatly appreciated. I was considering altering or replacing the exhaust system, primarily to get a sound out of the back end, but if I can add some performance in doing this that would be ideal. I love the whistle of the Helix Spacer on Chris' motor, is this something I can look at doing? I have replaced the factory air filter with K&N, but have been told that the T series snorkel would be advantageous to my XR6 performance.

Cheers for now guys

Phil
Ute Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Phil,

For a day to day car, a tune, modified air inlet with filter, and a good quality exhaust will make a huge difference in the day to day driving - but it wont give tree stump pulling bottom end.

The final drive ratio in the differential can be changed to suit much livelier takeoffs, but this can be at a cost with cruising rpm's. A smart selection can make an excellent street compromise.

If you get a chance, pm me your number, or give me a buzz on 03 9305 3000 and i will take you through some scenario's and we will see if they apply to your day to day application.

Regards

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Ute Daddy
Ute Daddy

G'Day Chris

Sorry about the delay in replying, I've almost got my feet back on the ground, what with the new car and a new job,m its been an entertaining couple of weeks. Thanks for the information, its appreciated. I have just ordered a new bodykit {pursuit Ute] so once thats on I will look into the next stage of Mods [the wife has a hold on those purse strings quite tightly at the moment!!!]

I'm off on holidays this week, so maybe I can give you a call on my return?

Cheers mate

Phil
Ute Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
Chris
AFF.com.au

No probs mate.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post