Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #91
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

double post

Last edited by 40RDT; 04-09-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: double post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #92
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04 View Post
Geez you guys are a funny bunch... GTS hasn't even been delivered yet. Once it's delivered, and proper tests have been done, then we'll all see.

It's more than just auto parking and blind spot etc, it has a heap of strengthened parts, extra cooling, massive brakes, fantastic suspension, lots of R&D went into this car.

There's a doco on Speed (foxtel) tonight at 7:30 about the GTS build, i'll be watching it with interest.

I'm 99% sure my next car is going to be a GT (i've always wanted one, well before this new GTS was mentioned), but i'm not so biased and worried about 0-100 times that i won't consider the GTS. The main reason i'm opting for the GT is price. If the GTS was closer to 80k, i'd have some more serious decisions to make!

How will all you guys react if the GTS does manage a 4.4, or even faster? Let alone if it flogs our beloved GT around a track? I'm sure as hell not going to get as defensive as some of you lot, and hell i'll probably own one in the next few months!

At the end of the day, who cares if it does exactly the same time as the R-Spec, or a tad slower, it's still a fantastic package.

And, as for facts... It is currently the most powerful. FPV being understated or not, that's FPV's fault. Even if FPV didn't understate, the GT still isn't 430kw but probably 375kw. I'm tipping the GTS to nudge 340-350rwkw on the dyno, but time will tell.
LSA's have already been on the dyno, and most do high 200's to low 300rwkw.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #93
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
Stock ZL1 numbers -

348rwkw
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6jnMigxDYZc

357rwkw
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B68W1Furo_U

347rwkw
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtBCL994ICY

370rwkw (Shelby GT500 kicked it's bum / 443rwkw!)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBKBf8Zsjo
Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #94
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think you will find they're a bit higher than 300rwkw

http://youtu.be/6jnMigxDYZc

http://youtu.be/Cbo_ObdOfIM
Old 05-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #95
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are several variants of LSA with different tunes. Anyone who thinks the GTS will make high 200rwkw needs a reality check. With that much torque, plus a blower I'm sure it will be 340-350rwkw. At worst, it will be close to the GT 335.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #96
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

& so it should be! With 430 kws, it should blow the 335 out of the water....
On the dyno & on the dragstrip! Seems to be having trouble with the latter though & probably why there is so much interest in the dyno figure for the GTS.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #97
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Everyone - I repeat Everyone states dyno's are a tuning tool - the only way to prove the power you have is the black top dyno (1/4 mile)

No point having a 430kw badge if you can't "spank" one with a 335kw badge lol

Again as HSV haven't let dyno figures out yet as they did with not letting the media post 0-100klms and 1/4 mile times out - there was a reason for the later as its not a FPV killing machine it was made out to be

If I owned a FPV GT 335 I would be one very proud boy - what a weapon

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
6 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #98
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
Everyone - I repeat Everyone states dyno's are a tuning tool - the only way to prove the power you have is the black top dyno (1/4 mile)

Again as HSV haven't let dyno figures out yet as they did with not letting the media post 0-100klms and 1/4 mile times out - there was a reason for the later as its not a FPV killing machine it was made out to be

Exactly...HSV are hoping lots of people front up with their non-refundable deposits and jump into the order queue in the meantime...
Anyone who's been around FPV and HSV for a while knows that no indepedent reviewer ever gets HSV claimed times, the reason being, its pretty hard to co-ordinate the talents of a 45kg race car driver, with the use of a super smooth clean dry dragstrip on a cold 2 degree day with a 60 knot tailwind running 100 octane fuel in the specially prepped press special car loaded with just enough fuel for the run...all at the same time
6 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #99
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Exactly...HSV are hoping lots of people front up with their non-refundable deposits and jump into the order queue in the meantime...
Anyone who's been around FPV and HSV for a while knows that no indepedent reviewer ever gets HSV claimed times, the reason being, its pretty hard to co-ordinate the talents of a 45kg race car driver, with the use of a super smooth clean dry dragstrip on a cold 2 degree day with a 60 knot tailwind running 100 octane fuel in the specially prepped press special car loaded with just enough fuel for the run...all at the same time
You can get a job at Alfa Europe Rodge!

Hers
BFII Ghia
This user likes this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #100
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post

Wow...wow

I believe when one press GT 335 was out there, it was sneakly thrown on a dyno. Ford didn't "allow" it to be dyno'd.

Tell me, how many cars are thrown on a dyno before it's been even released? Go on, tell me.

And once again, we seem to just concentrate on 0-100km/h and 1/4 mile times as if it's the only thing that matters. HSV didn't spend all of its R&D budget just so it could beat the GT 335 down the 1/4 mile. There is no doubt that the GTS will be a much better and complete performance car. I would hazard a guess that if you put both cars around a track that the GTS will handle better and be much quicker (and so it should be).

tl;dr It's not all about drag times.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #101
strobe

So let me get this right. The GTS isn't slower down the 1/4 because it's hasn't even been delivered and no real driver has run them. But the GTS is absolutely quicker than a GT at everything else because the holden website says so, even though they've not been delivered, mostly due to its heated blindspot magneto aluminium brake cupholders.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #102
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Out there in the real world when talking about FPV and HSV you talk about which car is faster - not which car has the complete package lol

If you blow the GTS 430kw off at the lights with your FPV 335kw or at the Drag Strip you will have a smile on your face from ear to ear - complete package won't even come into it - just saying

And if you want to wait for the public to get hold of it and run better numbers here are some numbers to beat ;-

AFF members 1/4 mile times

Modified.
BPT.............. 10.70 @ 131mph. Auto GS. M/T 26 x 10 Slicks
RDP.............. 10.96 @ 127mph. Auto GS.
Autotech....... 11.10 @ 129mph. Auto GT.
KPM.............. 10.65 @ 129mph. Auto GS.
RACEGT......... 11.63 @ 118mph. Auto GS.
XFT.............. 11.70 @ ???mph. Auto GS.

Modified (privately owned).
anthGT335..... 11.31@122.95. Auto GT.MT ET2 265/40/18
Sutty............ 11.38 @ 122mph. Auto GT.
Cygnet.......... 11.54 @ 121.9mph. Manual GT-P.
Scottrod1...... 11.95 @ 116.23mph. Auto GT.
Timtams......... 11.99 @ 121mph. Manual GT.
Buttnekid....... 12.09 at 118.9mph. Auto GT-E.
XRT-HOWSEE..12.09 @ 119mph. Auto GS. Tune & Filter
xrglen........... 12.30 @ 118mph. Manual GS.
Rusty62.........12.39 @ 113.7 mph Auto GT-P (Only mod air filter)
Bloosted........ 12.60 @ 113mph. Auto GT.
Unr33l........... 12.72 @ 110mph. Auto GS.

Stock.
200sxs15....... 12.27 @ 115mph. Auto GT.
Scottrod1.......12.39 @ 113.97mph. Auto GT.
shonkymofo.....12.47 @ 113.37mph Auto GT
HP-0351.... ....12.48 @ 113.54mph. Auto GT.
RDP.............. 12.90 @ 109mph. Auto GS.
HP-0351........ 12.92 @ 113.99mph. Manual GT.
Rockape........ 13.40 @ 108mph. Manual GS.
Auslandau .... 12.43 @ 116mph. Auto GT

Thread with times here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11328022

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #103
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon View Post
Wow...wow

I believe when one press GT 335 was out there, it was sneakly thrown on a dyno. Ford didn't "allow" it to be dyno'd.

Tell me, how many cars are thrown on a dyno before it's been even released? Go on, tell me.

And once again, we seem to just concentrate on 0-100km/h and 1/4 mile times as if it's the only thing that matters. HSV didn't spend all of its R&D budget just so it could beat the GT 335 down the 1/4 mile. There is no doubt that the GTS will be a much better and complete performance car. I would hazard a guess that if you put both cars around a track that the GTS will handle better and be much quicker (and so it should be).

tl;dr It's not all about drag times.
It's not all about circuit times. What percentage of people really go to a circuit? I've never heard someone say "oh I beat such and such car around a circuit". Cause no one gives a **** about circuit times.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
9 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #104
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In all honesty, i'd not believe anyone if they told me that their GTS or GT beat a GTS or GT by a full car length on the street. Up to the speed limit, it's going to be neck and neck. In the real world, i don't think one is going to be significantly faster from one set of the lights to the next...

On the track though, i think the GTS will be significantly faster, due to various things. More torque, torque vectoring, bigger brakes, etc.

And, even if comes down the 1/4... i don't think there will be much in it... if the GT gets a good launch, it'll win, if the GTS gets the jump it'll probably win... they're going to be quite close to each other i think...
2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #105
Rodge
Banned

^^I'd go along with that. In addittion to those things mentioned I had hoped we'd have adjustable suspension and switchable DSC in our FPV cars by now, these things make a difference too.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #106
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree Rodge, i'd love to have seen some more tech in the FPV. When i say tech, i don't mean electric handbrake and stuff like that... Just more mechanical tech, better suspension, more options to vary the ride etc.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #107
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04 View Post
In all honesty, i'd not believe anyone if they told me that their GTS or GT beat a GTS or GT by a full car length on the street. Up to the speed limit, it's going to be neck and neck. In the real world, i don't think one is going to be significantly faster from one set of the lights to the next...

On the track though, i think the GTS will be significantly faster, due to various things. More torque, torque vectoring, bigger brakes, etc.

And, even if comes down the 1/4... i don't think there will be much in it... if the GT gets a good launch, it'll win, if the GTS gets the jump it'll probably win... they're going to be quite close to each other i think...
I tend to agree there wont be much in it in a straight line, probably more of a case of who is the better driver and / or who has more grip.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #108
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
It's not all about circuit times. What percentage of people really go to a circuit? I've never heard someone say "oh I beat such and such car around a circuit". Cause no one gives a **** about circuit times.
L-O-L.....And what percentage go to the drag strip???

25%?
10%?
5%?

They are in the minority as well mate.

Most owners don't care about "times". So it shouldn't even be in the discussion but it's like people need to find a reason for the GT to be better and they run with it. Both cars were never designed to run down the strip, so shouldn't we be comparing other aspects of the cars? How it handles? ride quality? features? quality of materials used?

And if you bought a car soley because it can do the 1/4mile in 12.** then good for you but there's more to a car than that.

I know which one ticks all the boxes.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #109
1TUFFUTE
Banned

This thread is not about Complete packages...otherwise I'd just keep slamming the price tag in your face to shut u up. It's about how available this car has been to many many journos on the road,track and touring and we have ZERO performance numbers. These are PERFORMANCE cars guys.....not bentleys.....if my far cheaper GT RSPEC beats your 100k plus GTS in a quick squirt off the lights or on the highway.....then guess what.......the GT SPEC is still Australia's muscle car. BUT if its not quicker .....then so be it.....it shouldn't be anyway....
Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #110
BHDOGS
Banned

Basically to sum up if i may nobody cares about drags nobody cares about circuits people only care about the badge that says a big number so regular stupid people can say i have a bigger badge then you i win glad we got it sorted what kinda people will buy this car next subject.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #111
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
If you are talking American dynos, then you aren't in touch with reality.

Cadilac CTS-V 299rwkw on Aussie dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0fqU8X4Atc

The Caddy makes 415kw at the fly.

Last edited by irish2; 05-09-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #112
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
This thread is not about Complete packages...otherwise I'd just keep slamming the price tag in your face to shut u up. It's about how available this car has been to many many journos on the road,track and touring and we have ZERO performance numbers. These are PERFORMANCE cars guys.....not bentleys.....if my far cheaper GT RSPEC beats your 100k plus GTS in a quick squirt off the lights or on the highway.....then guess what.......the GT SPEC is still Australia's muscle car. BUT if its not quicker .....then so be it.....it shouldn't be anyway....
your right this thread is nothing to do with HSV, its about holden.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #113
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Whats the difference between American dyno's and Aussie Dyno's?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #114
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon View Post
L-O-L.....And what percentage go to the drag strip???

25%?
10%?
5%?

They are in the minority as well mate.

Most owners don't care about "times". So it shouldn't even be in the discussion but it's like people need to find a reason for the GT to be better and they run with it. Both cars were never designed to run down the strip, so shouldn't we be comparing other aspects of the cars? How it handles? ride quality? features? quality of materials used?

And if you bought a car soley because it can do the 1/4mile in 12.** then good for you but there's more to a car than that.

I know which one ticks all the boxes.
They don't need to find a reason,... it is better.
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #115
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Whats the difference between American dyno's and Aussie Dyno's?
From what I've heard theirs always read much higher.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #116
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

**** it i'm gunna put a 431 badge on my ute!! it will beat a GTS its a bigger number lol
4 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #117
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
From what I've heard theirs always read much higher.
Interesting, is that due to brands or weather conditions or something?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #118
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:

I wouldn't read much into that dyno result from VCM.
They only managed to get 252rwkw from a stock 335 GT >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWI3b0ePnfo I've seen alot better results than that (I wouldn't trust that dyno)

Infact the whole Dyno game is a bit of black magic IMO.

As other have said, I think both the GT & GTS will be very close to each other in straight line performance. Either owner should be proud to own the fastest cars produced in Aus.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #119
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not sure why so many people here are getting so worked up? not just this thread, but others too? The GTS is a fantastic car for the price. Yes, it's 30k more than a GT, but you also get a lot more standard equipment for that...

Anyone that's seen any of my other posts will know i'm not too far off buying a GT, but that doesn't mean i can't like the GTS. In fact, if i could get a GTS for 70k driveaway i probably would (i'd feel like Judas, but it would exceptional value)... However, as it stands i'd prefer the cheaper GT and maybe a GTS in 3-5 years time when prices drop.

I think the GTS will surprise many of us...

As i said, on the street there will be bugger all difference. I laugh at the lads who claim their xr6t beats an ss by a cars length on the street (and vice versa). In reality, there is not a cars length between them when all things considered are equal...

most will come down to the driver. But, if the GTS can beat the E63 around the track, then i am confident enough to say it'll be a great bit of kit...
Old 05-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #120
bigboihulk
Starter Motor

I wonder if ford will come out with some bigger and more badass with there last edition falcon before end of production in 2016 uno 5.8l s/c of v8 fun would be a great idea.

I still love the gt over the ugly gts you can have your gts gimics and gadgets and ill have my gt pride
Closed Thread