Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #151
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

my point was hsv sucks
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #152
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD ESP! XELR8 View Post
James I have put many a stock SS and HSV away, and I will go as far to say more than one car length..

If it was the other way around I would say so..
Yep same here.....never lost...actually I get more pull up lookin racy n revving it and then go all sheepish when they see the badge i assume. These Holden boys have learnt there leason too many times it probably hurts lol. And for me it includes a new vf Ssv . So I don't think old mate who doesnt believe in the car length squirt wins,gets out much in the real world.....
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #153
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04 View Post
Huh?? tell me how a badge of 400kw making 335rwkw is any different to a badge of 335kw making 335rwkw? Power output is the same, the chassis will be fine... FPV should have badged their 335 at least 375kw right from the start in its current state of tune (making 320rwkw)... Unless you're suggesting FPV should have badged it 400kw and made it pump out 400rwkw? Again, it's not an accurate indication of the cars engine output.

HSV have badged their cars accordingly, it's FPV who have got it wrong... Unless you think a 335 at the engine should make 335 at the wheels?

My stock BA XR6T made 192rwkw, and it was badged as 240kw. That's rougly a 20% drivetrain loss, and accurate... This is basically how HSV have badged their cars, nothing wrong with it... It's a true and relatively accurate measurement of their engine output.

4ORDT - Cams; that's one reason i'd be keen on the LSA. Hopefully a lumpy aftermarket cam is available. I wish a cam was available for the GT, would make it a tough sounding machine!!
You've got me all wrong...im hinting at how when the first GT 335 came out....if ford badged it higher there'd be all sorts of chaos about speed and death traps like the 70s. But unlike the poor hsv guy...I'd rather have an understated badge then an overstated one ALL day. You don't look like a dousche then....
5 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #154
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
You've got me all wrong...im hinting at how when the first GT 335 came out....if ford badged it higher there'd be all sorts of chaos about speed and death traps like the 70s. But unlike the poor hsv guy...I'd rather have an understated badge then an overstated one ALL day. You don't look like a dousche then....
Oh ok, and yep i do agree to a point... Imagine the coverage it would have go though, to go 400kw, and 75kw more than the HSV... would have been awesome marketing for ford.

But i get out plenty enough in the real world, and the truth of the matter is that on the street i couldn't really give two hoots about dragging any car from the lights. Sure, occasionally i will give it a good old squirt, but i just don't see a 0-100km/h sprint being car lengths of difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
Driven a 270kw XR6T? They blow SS's away on command. And by more than a car length. Even VE HSV's are shy to run an FG turbo.
Driven plenty of 6T cars. I had a 300rwkw XR6T, plus a tune/injectors 242awkw turbo terry... When modified, i'd believe they may put a car length on other street cars... I'm talking 0-100km/h on the street, as anymore and you're flirting with danger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD ESP! XELR8
James I have put many a stock SS and HSV away, and I will go as far to say more than one car length..

If it was the other way around I would say so..
Might be true, but who's to say the other bloke was trying, or got a bad start or whatever... Too many variables... the thing is, they are very close 0-100km/h, and down the 1/4... So, to claim a car length when driving to 100km/h is pretty massive...

Simply saying, two cars with similar 0-100km/h times, i doubt there is a car length between them... The street is by no means an accurate way to reflect anything though.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #155
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many people will rave on about blowing people away by car lengths on the street but in the real would it doesn't work that way. It comes down to who gets the jump and best launch. I remember running a mates manual ba gt vs my old auto eb xr8 did it for abit of fun expected to get smashed guess what the gt was running stuffed tyres and 3 out of 4 runs by 100kmh I was still a nose in front he either bogged the launch or fried the tyres did that mean my old eb was king, nope :( but that's the real world, just because you think you have the hottest rig and just beat someone at the lights doesn't mean you have the best most powerfull car.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 07-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #156
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I understand exactly what u mean about the 0-100 and car length issue......and im aware of that.....but in the example i had it was in gear acceleration and i know he was on it hard because his tyres chirped when he stood on it and on 2 gear changes. If you check out(you may already be aware of this). But in gear acceleration of ford turbos is so far dominant over hsvs its not funny. I remember a hsv vs F6 times not so long ago and the 80-120 times where nearly 2.5secs SLOWER for the R8. That explains my car length although i did just remember his car is brand new and probably still tight......

I just want to state i don't condone street racing and dangerous driving.....but even the best man couldn't resist a crack at such a highly advertised super sedan thats takin over the country.....apparently. Maybe the Hsv guys should stick to the track

Last edited by 1TUFFUTE; 07-09-2013 at 06:38 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #157
BHDOGS
Banned

Tight unlike most Holden owners butt holes
3 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #158
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Tight unlike most Holden owners butt holes
haha! this made me laugh. It wouldn't matter if FPV advertised the GT as 400kw. HSV has always had a bigger following. even holden has had a bigger following then ford for more then a decade a half. I see more SS commodores then XR6 turbos and more HSVs over FPVs. I can remember when the XR8 had more power then the SS and still commodore got more sales. the last XR8s where more powerful and quicker in the end then SS at the time. wouldn't surprise me if it still was quicker. Holden has a Australian image that appeals too bogans. that's why they get so upset when you explain that there are more Australian designed falcons then holdens put together
3 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #159
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
I for one am off to buy meself a new HSV GTS! Consumer law in Aus allows me to get a refund 'if the product does not match the description'. Im gonna thrash the knockers off it and when Ive had my fun and cant get a 4.4 out of it, Im taking it back for a full refund! haha! (Just gotta make sure I don't lose the receipt in all the fancy storage consoles and compartments my extra 30K got me)
Lol thats funny as.....might do the same....that'll sort the hsv pr department out.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #160
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
Oh ok, and yep i do agree to a point... Imagine the coverage it would have go though, to go 400kw, and 75kw more than the HSV... would have been awesome marketing for ford.

But i get out plenty enough in the real world, and the truth of the matter is that on the street i couldn't really give two hoots about dragging any car from the lights. Sure, occasionally i will give it a good old squirt, but i just don't see a 0-100km/h sprint being car lengths of difference.

Driven plenty of 6T cars. I had a 300rwkw XR6T, plus a tune/injectors 242awkw turbo terry... When modified, i'd believe they may put a car length on other street cars... I'm talking 0-100km/h on the street, as anymore and you're flirting with danger...

Might be true, but who's to say the other bloke was trying, or got a bad start or whatever... Too many variables... the thing is, they are very close 0-100km/h, and down the 1/4... So, to claim a car length when driving to 100km/h is pretty massive...

Simply saying, two cars with similar 0-100km/h times, i doubt there is a car length between them... The street is by no means an accurate way to reflect anything though.
Tell me mate who owns a vz hsv 297 and the other 2 with VE Ss's..(believe me they try)

I wouldn't post it if it didn't happen James..P

Sounds to me you have never driven a FG turbo?

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #161
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Tell me mate who owns a vz hsv 297 and the other 2 with VE Ss's..(believe me they try)

I wouldn't post it if it didn't happen James..P

Sounds to me you have never driven a FG turbo?
I have driven an FG turbo, and yep, i agree they are great. Just sayin, that on the street there are so many variables to contend with... I'm cetainly not dissing the XR6T motor, i've loved them since they came out...

Just suggesting, that in the real world there many factors/variables and i won't always believe someone that says their XR6T beat a VE SS by a car length, just like i won't believe when someone one on the LS1 forum claims their VE SS smashed a SC GS by a car length...

All things considered, both brands are pretty good... Most of the time it'll come down to the driver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
I understand exactly what u mean about the 0-100 and car length issue......and im aware of that.....but in the example i had it was in gear acceleration and i know he was on it hard because his tyres chirped when he stood on it and on 2 gear changes. If you check out(you may already be aware of this). But in gear acceleration of ford turbos is so far dominant over hsvs its not funny. I remember a hsv vs F6 times not so long ago and the 80-120 times where nearly 2.5secs SLOWER for the R8. That explains my car length although i did just remember his car is brand new and probably still tight......

I just want to state i don't condone street racing and dangerous driving.....but even the best man couldn't resist a crack at such a highly advertised super sedan thats takin over the country.....apparently. Maybe the Hsv guys should stick to the track
I agree mate, in gear acceleration of the T6 is abnormal! They are a true weapon, and serious bit of engine. I'm just sayin that in the real world 0-100km/h is dependent on so many factors, that you no one could for certain say that they beat a car by x amount...
Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #162
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6 boss View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_chwmVnstI

I like the kw and Nm tech gauges.

Same badge car on mainline dyno

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PIeibllatZg
Maybe my stopwatch is stuffed, but I'm timing 0-100 in about 4.2 secs, and 60-100 in under 2 secs.

Must be filmed going down bulli pass......
Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #163
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
I have driven an FG turbo, and yep, i agree they are great. Just sayin, that on the street there are so many variables to contend with... I'm cetainly not dissing the XR6T motor, i've loved them since they came out...

Just suggesting, that in the real world there many factors/variables and i won't always believe someone that says their XR6T beat a VE SS by a car length, just like i won't believe when someone one on the LS1 forum claims their VE SS smashed a SC GS by a car length...

All things considered, both brands are pretty good... Most of the time it'll come down to the driver...

I agree mate, in gear acceleration of the T6 is abnormal! They are a true weapon, and serious bit of engine. I'm just sayin that in the real world 0-100km/h is dependent on so many factors, that you no one could for certain say that they beat a car by x amount...
Fair enough mate..

Never thought you were dissing the fg xr6ts..

Just telling ya from someone who has done it many a time..

I don't mind the look of the GTS but for the guys running them 5.0s..I wouldn't be worried at all..

The SC coyote is a wicked engine, we should be proud I am..

Daily drives
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Old 08-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #164
BHDOGS
Banned

People do realise the gts isnt a holden its a hsv and holden wont make any extra money from this car.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #165
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember when my car was standard and I used to get pass so many ve ss' that I used to have to double back to make sure it wasn't a SV6. You couldn't get beaten by one if you tried.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #166
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Yep same here.....never lost...actually I get more pull up lookin racy n revving it and then go all sheepish when they see the badge i assume. These Holden boys have learnt there leason too many times it probably hurts lol. And for me it includes a new vf Ssv . So I don't think old mate who doesnt believe in the car length squirt wins,gets out much in the real world.....
Lol comady mate about the "racy n reving" part so true..

When me BA was stock I got smoked a few times, once a 380 at 2 sets of lights pulled out in frount till about 50-60ks, couldn't believe it lol

Ba's are a bit of a slug stock tho mine puffed out a mighty 4.5 psi stock

Daily drives
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Old 08-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #167
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

A post on another forum mentions a R8SV made 258rwkw. His F6 Made 260rwkw when new. R8 is a manual and the F6 an Auto. A GS made 280rwkw on the same dyno.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

4 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #168
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
A post on another forum mentions a R8SV made 258rwkw. His F6 Made 260rwkw when new. R8 is a manual and the F6 an Auto. A GS made 280rwkw on the same dyno.
Sounds about right. Add 23% to the R8 and it will be close to 340kw.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #169
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are the fpv power ratings so inaccurate? A 340kw F6 or 350kw GS sounds / looks more appealing than a 310kw F6 and 315kw GS, to me it does anyway.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #170
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Why are the fpv power ratings so inaccurate? A 340kw F6 or 350kw GS sounds / looks more appealing than a 310kw F6 and 315kw GS, to me it does anyway.
Those power figures were more relevant at the time, where the F6 couldn't be badged higher than the GT for obvious reasons. We all know now that FPV's power figures are underrated.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #171
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

BOOST!!!

To many variables in turbo and supercharged beasts..

Lucas is spot on they were copping it hard enough with the F6 smashing the 5.4s..

Daily drives
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #172
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
BOOST!!!

To many variables in turbo and supercharged beasts..

Lucas is spot on they were copping it hard enough with the F6 smashing the 5.4s..
F6's are beasts. I miss mine at times, best bang for buck performance car from both FPV or HSV
Old 11-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #173
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my f6 manual pulled a lazy 280rwkw stock pfft i only have a 310kw badge

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #174
Chopped
as in chopped

Just read on another forum that a new stock GenF GTS got 349rwkw on a dyno
Old 21-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #175
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just read that too. but I think the weight of the GTS might be its biggest issue. in straight line acceleration the GT-R spec still has it. the GTS is also heavier then the GT-R spec. not by much thou (1844 vs 1892)
Old 21-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #176
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
Just read on another forum that a new stock GenF GTS got 349rwkw on a dyno
Good stock figures, pretty much on par with what the ZL1's are getting in the US. HSV might be right, the GTS looks like it could be the most powerful aussie performance car to date.
Old 21-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #177
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

My stock R-Spec launching to 100 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79GB81cprE
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

8 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #178
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well done mate!!! you've just proven the how quick the R-spec is for the 0-100km/h launch. my hat of to you
3 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #179
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bloody fast fog lights you have on that car.
Old 21-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #180
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Closed Thread