Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-05-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
Mrgreenz
Starter Motor

Default MC Front rotors

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is any way of establishing what size stud holes my rotors should be for my vehicle (2011 2.0 tdci). Lots of places say that 13.8mm or 15.8mm can appear on this type of car.

I have measured the stud and that appears to be a M12, so I am leaning towards 1.38mm stud holes, although I am not sure. Anybhelp would be great.

https://ibb.co/bBKnknv

Thanks
Mrgreenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MC Front rotors

Stud hole size doesn't matter. The disc is clamped by the wheel nuts.
What matters is the central locating hole (around 63mm from memory) the location of retainer screw holes (preventing disc movement on wheel removal) and the alloy used in the disc.

I use Ford discs, hoping to keep original braking performance. They seem to need replacing with the pads, 100,000km in my case, country driving.

Mine were 13.8mm, 2011 MC diesel.

Last edited by rondeo; 15-05-2019 at 12:42 PM.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Save the headache and use genuine H2MZ 1V125 E which is the Motorcraft service part, or 7G91 1125 EA which is the OE spec.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-...frcectupt=true
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
cyclone1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Save the headache and use genuine H2MZ 1V125 E which is the Motorcraft service part, or 7G91 1125 EA which is the OE spec.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-...frcectupt=true
My independent mechanic has several Mondeos on his books and he also swears on the OEM rotors. He uses aftermarket pads that seem to work better though they are slightly noisier especially on the rears.

Last edited by cyclone1410; 18-05-2019 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Grammar
cyclone1410 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #5
toyota lexcen

Just done my rear rotors and will do fronts tomorrow.

Got all 4 for $340 from Ford Dealer, went with Bendix GCT pads. Seem to be okay.

I had to buy the piston winder kit from Supercheap, dont waste money on the cube just buy the kit of ebay or Supercheap.
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My rear rotors were able to be machined and the pads were replaced with Remsa ceramic. They were quite noisy at first and took ages to bed in, but are fine now and very quiet.

The brakes feel well balanced with the original front pads and rotors. I had to do an emergency stop on the motorway a few weeks ago and there wasn't the usual ABS drama from the back.