Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU XR spec suspension setup

i was looking for an AU XR6 HP 5sp but ended up with an AU1 Futura auto
as you do, i couldn't pass it up as it was in such good shape
anyway i have a 5sp conversion for it and now i want it to handle a bit better before i convert it
at the moment it has the typical rear lift and floaty feel, its drive great due to low km's but its definitely not sporty at all
I have Bilstein front shocks and king superlow springs for the front ready to fit, but i need to get the back sorted and maybe swaybars and alignment change

what can i do in the back to stop the rear lifting on power and tighten it up
I was just going to get king superlows to match the front, the rear shocks are very firm so i was going to leave them as is, can i change the top arms and adjust pinion angle to stop the rear lifting or will a stiff sway bar help this

i don't want to go too stiff in the front on sway bars as the turn in now is great and too stiff might loose too much grip... i have done that before

I will be getting all the parts to upgrade the front brakes to BA spec with BA swaybar. should i get BA XR6T swaybar and brakes? will they fit under FG 16in steel wheels or will i have to run 17's minimum. I have 17in S1 tickfords but would like the option to run 16's as i have lots of them so maybe stay with 298mm rotors

i bought the car as a project and down the track the plan is a turbo, the car will be a daily but i want it fun on the track too even if its not real fast so at this stage i want it to go around corners and stop before i make it fast.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post