Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
pansy99
Starter Motor

Default Festiva Alarm Lights Flashing

I went to drive my 1999 festiva earlier today, and noticed the alarm light on the dash was on, and the blinkers were flashing like the alarm was going off. There was no alarm sound. I've had the car for around 4 years and have never used the alarm, I didn't think it was connected, and I don't have a key for it. Does anyone know why this has happened and how I can fix it? I've called a friend who usually fixes my car and he isn't sure without looking at the car, which he can't do for a few days. The car starts and drives no worries, I just don't want to drive with the lights flashing. Thanks in advance.
pansy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Festiva Alarm Lights Flashing

Never had a factory alarm.

Sounds like an electrical problem. Take it to an auto sparky

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
pansy99
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Never had a factory alarm.

Sounds like an electrical problem. Take it to an auto sparky
Thanks. I took it to an auto electrician and he removed the alarm as it had malfunctioned.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
navneetdeo
Starter Motor

I have exactly same issue
navneetdeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2016, 01:32 PM   #5
pansy99
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by navneetdeo View Post
I have exactly same issue
My cars alarm had malfunctioned and was causing the lights to flash, so if yours has an alarm that may be the problem. All the mechanic had to do was pull the box out from under the dash, charged me $20 for not even 2 minutes work. If you know where your alarm is try pulling it out, otherwise take it to an auto electrician.
This user likes this post: